Thread: New Carbon Fiber Para 2 ?

New Carbon Fiber Para 2 ?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Plenty of good steels? I'd love to see one. I think this is one of the best folders made.
    Last edited by mjolnir74; 06-23-2012 at 09:04 AM.

I doubt it unfortunately. They already did a run in CF so it's unlikely they'll do another. I'd love to see a para in M4 and red or blue C-TEK, that would be amazing

I hope they make one soon paired with a super steel. Seeing that they did a couple of CF military sprints, no reason why they won't do the same for the para.

Quote Originally Posted by seelow123 View Post
    I doubt it unfortunately. They already did a run in CF so it's unlikely they'll do another. I'd love to see a para in M4 and red or blue C-TEK, that would be amazing
    They did do several CF millies. There's the S90V one, and the M390. There's also a CF S30V and I'm not sure but I think there's a CF BG-42.

Yes, there was a BG42 Millie. I'd love to see a M390 CF para2. I cut cardboard with my blue M390 yesterday and it acted like a strop I guess. I love that steel. I keep waiting for it to get dull.

Cf cts 20cp para 2
    You could buy a cts 20cp para 2 off the exchange,buy custom scales and still pay less then what would for a s90v one

Quote Originally Posted by singularity35 View Post
    They did do several CF millies. There's the S90V one, and the M390. There's also a CF S30V and I'm not sure but I think there's a CF BG-42.
    I didn't realize there were tat many CF Millies. Was the M4/ti framelock in CF?

I didn't realize there were tat many CF Millies. Was the M4/ti framelock in CF?
    It was black g10.

No it is G10.

Quote Originally Posted by spydusse View Post
    Cf cts 20cp para 2
    You could buy a cts 20cp para 2 off the exchange,buy custom scales and still pay less then what would for a s90v one
    Can you tell us who did those scales? That is probably the best PM I have seen.

I'd pick up a gold carbon fiber para 2 with new super steel

I can see it happening, there have been multiple military sprints with carbon fiber and no reason the Para2 won't see this same treatment. Could also be a dealer exclusive that comes out with CF scales in the future. Only time will tell though.

Quote Originally Posted by nccole View Post
    Can you tell us who did those scales? That is probably the best PM I have seen.
    Custom scale division, thanks i really like the way they came out. I always thought i wouldnt like smooth cf and then i got a tilt ...
    Last edited by spydusse; 06-24-2012 at 11:42 AM.

I dont know, they did the s90v mili, the bg42 mili, and the m390 mili in carbon fiber.
    WTB- Les George Rockeyes small, regular, and extra large. If you have one and want entertain the idea of getting rid of it... LET ME KNOW!

Quote Originally Posted by kreole View Post
    It was black g10.
    Quote Originally Posted by rycen View Post
    No it is G10.
    Ah , Okay thanks.

More power to 'em if they want to do another on in CF. I'd definitely get one.

I am probably very much alone on this, but I am not sold on Carbon Fiber. It seems to drive the cost up and I am unsure if it adds any type of fuctional value over other handle materials. I would however go for a nice micarta para 2.
    Lots of folders for sale. Spyderco Sprints and Benchmade, Brous

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...2#post14210872

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler_9 View Post
    I am probably very much alone on this, but I am not sold on Carbon Fiber. It seems to drive the cost up and I am unsure if it adds any type of fuctional value over other handle materials. I would however go for a nice micarta para 2.
    I am with you Jtoler. I find it burdensome to pay a premium for CF. I just like to try out the steels and scale material doesn't make a whit of difference to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler_9 View Post
    I agree...the slightly stiffer and lighter properties of carbon fiber are really only theoretical when you're talking about such a small amount of material in this sort of application. It looks nice...but that's about it, at least functionally.

Couldnt disagree more, its lighter then g10 and if you get peel ply it doesnt wear like the grip on g10 does

Thread Information