Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo competition #3, with a difference -WINNERS ANNOUNCED + PICS OF PRIZES

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by supratentorial View Post
    Fes, Did you find that creature on planet L-426 from the Aliens movie?
    ..Haaahaaaaa...No! was found at 13 metres of depth off the coast of Matakana island....

2. It's a beautiful area. Some day I'm going to have to visit NZ again.

aahh good to see this thread take off. Fes did you happen see the mens hockey score between A & NZ? I know ..hockey but a wins a win.
    cheers .

Blog Entries
    Hi Duncan - Congratulations on your pending nuptials! I have found it wonderful, and this Friday is my wedding anniversary - Maggie has put up with me and my shenanigans for 21 years (plus a little before the contract was signed lol )

I will get a picture of me using a slip-joint - but here is a traditional fixed blade made by my good friend John Keidaisch (JK Knives) - I am using the knife to baton through frozen firewood on a cold day in Illinois in January.

I never said I was photo worthy lol -

I am loving seeing all the folks that I know from the 2011 knife project - I can associate the names with faces. Great idea for a contest.

best

mqqn

Signature by slg98 -thanks Sam!
    Andy
    Blade Forums Rules. Click here.

I love you guys and I love Bladeforumz.Good Health,L'chaim,Cheers,Wassail.

(go the wallabies)

Well, I´ve already added my face here on that thread - so I was out on the stream right behind my house and doing some relaxing.

Here´s the stream

Looking up the sky was very nice. The sky had the color of bavarians colors - as it already called in our (bavarian) anthem: "God keep the colors of its sky white and blue" Nearly the formation was right to the bavarian flag.

Kind regards
    Andi

Quote Originally Posted by meako View Post
    aahh good to see this thread take off. Fes did you happen see the mens hockey score between A & NZ? I know ..hockey but a wins a win.
    cheers .
    Hockey ,netball,under arm bowling etc,,West island rules!!...Theres only ONE game that counts...form and function (like a good knife) is where its at...go the ALL BLACKS!!..........FES

Awesome photos everyone, update!!...Ashes was selling a neat Soddy, , so she is helping me include this into the prize package, have some fun, and lets see your mugs with your knives
    Gary Watson 16 Nov 1956 - 21 Dec 2009. Missed Incredibly.

psssssst, want a beautiful Barlow? I know just the guy who can help ya out
    Wanted: Charlies SFO'S I would like to collect these, please contact me - thanks very much. Do you have any HJ's? Duncan.

Hey Duncan, I didn't have a pic of myself actually using a knife, so I cheated and went ahead and faked this "knife usage" pic.
    If it breaks the rules I'll bow out. I just want to get this going with some new pics.

Don't know if this counts, fishing alone, hard to hold phone & fish. There is a knife in my right hand, and part of me is in pic.
    If it doesn't count, it doesn't count:-)

Pic of fishing hole

And a before pic of a afternoon snack

And after it met my peanut

Not an entry, but I just wanted to comment;
    First, Congrats to Duncan and Sue! A big step in life, and I wish you the very best!!
    Next, there are some wonderful pictures on here - Duncan, you create the best giveaway threads, bar none!!
    Finally, I'll have to come up with a pic or two worthy of entering this super contest!

P.S. Jake!! Did you survive the Owl attack??
    Fes, I'm glad that fish wasn't a bit larger - rather fearsome!

Last edited by waynorth; 06-30-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Owls!
    A 2014 Stag BF Jack in everyone's pocket!

What could be better?

Fresh Golden Schnapper.....and an Opi.........................FES

Heres the benefactor (Duncan) himself...Sharpening his stone with a perfectly good knife..............FES

Okay, I'll play. Here me with my knife of the month, a Case stockman. Congrats on tying the knot with your lady. May you have a long and happy life together. Thanks for the chance!

Great pics everyone! I am enjoying seeing our friends faces, owl attacks, alien creatures etc , and most of all, thank you for your kind words...I have only them in return to all you good folk out there-and thats for sure!
    I would also like to take this time to apologise about the photo of me looking like I havent taken my medication-kindly supplied by our "friend" Fes, i must admit... my sharpening skills do lack finesse,if knives could scream - my house would be considered a murder house! and my stropping ability is the best in the land to be able to take a ( ok-ish) sharp knife into a perfectly safe toy for a young one to play with, I had enough last night and retired my strop to the cupboard.... so frustrating!
    Gary Watson 16 Nov 1956 - 21 Dec 2009. Missed Incredibly.

psssssst, want a beautiful Barlow? I know just the guy who can help ya out
    Wanted: Charlies SFO'S I would like to collect these, please contact me - thanks very much. Do you have any HJ's? Duncan.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information