Thread: Schrade in the movies

Schrade in the movies

ADVERTISEMENT
    Have you ever seen any schrade knives in a movie or t.v show?

Iron Sky, when the fashion designer stabbed a knife into the portrait of the Fuhrer.

I couldn't think of any. Thanks , there has to be more.

TV show "Boardwalk Empire" has a Sharpfinger in it: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...innocent-152OT

I've seen a bunch of old "Gunsmoke" episodes where there might have been a Schrade involved but the resolution is so bad and the close-ups so rare that I haven't been able to confirm them. I think this is fun too. If I see a knife on film I always try and identify it.

Well....here's a stretch.

This is a Craftsman commercial we talked about years ago. Go to the link, and halfway down is a link to the commercial. In the commercial the guy opens up a knife and shows it for a second. It's an Imperial Tu-tone, with a possibly altered blade. Anyway, it's the best I got.

Craftsman Truck Series

Glenn
    "you know the road doesn't end, when it reaches a bend..." - Poco

Proud Supporter of JK Knives #65

I thought there would be more as long as schrade been around

A few months back, there were (2) Schrade USA 171UH's up for auction.

The seller claimed they were used in the movie "Barbarosa" starring Willie Nelson and Gary Busey
    If I recall correctly, they were relisted a couple times but never sold

Link to the movie info http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083619/

-- Howie
    I collect Schrade USA because they "tend to be involving stag, metal, acicular bone, mommy of gem, buffalo grass horn, black and other durable resources that will tolerate fantastic force without suffering appearance". 'Nuff Said !!

Very cool I'll check it out

was watching a new TV serier, Longmire, and he used what at first i thought was an LB 7. closer looking made me think it was the camillus.

Nevermind. I was mistaken.
    Last edited by protourist; 09-02-2012 at 10:19 AM.
    Rest in peace Maniacal Pete. I wish I could have done more.

#331 In Ryan W's 2014 GAW

I have seen Les Hiddens of the Bush Tucker Man use a 3 blade stockman old timer.

On xfinity On Demand, I've been enjoying a show called "Hillbilly Blood" from the Destination Channel
    Show is about 2 neighbors in Appalachia that live off the land and help each other out with various challenges life presents

In Episode 6, their truck breaks down and they're forced to make a 2+ day overland trek to get home
    http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/hillb...ey-home/382081

While making one of their survival devices, one of the men uses what I'd swear to be a Schrade 153UH

Hoping to see more episodes of the show but a quick internet search brings up only the 6 episodes

-- Howie
    I collect Schrade USA because they "tend to be involving stag, metal, acicular bone, mommy of gem, buffalo grass horn, black and other durable resources that will tolerate fantastic force without suffering appearance". 'Nuff Said !!

Believe I've found another one, but unconfirmed --

Syfy Network show "Haven" - Season 3 / Episode 13 "Thanks For The Memories"
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2391431/

Towards the end at appx 42 min in the broadcast version, the blond female character "Arla Cogan" pulls out what looks to be a Schrade 152OT Sharpfinger.
    Can't really see the tang stamp or the badge on the handle to verify. I do understand the classic and innovative blade shape was copied by multiple cutlers.

-- Howie

Elizabeth (Liz) on "Swamp People" where they capture alligators uses either a 125OT or 225OT on the show quite often.

Storage Wars Texas - 2013 Season 3 Episode 7 - "Stowe-Age Wars"
    One of the lockers won contained a tool box and the first thing pulled from it was an Old Timer 158OT Guthook Skinner

-- Howie

For those unaware, Larry V. has archived some original Schrade videos on the COSRUS website.

http://collectors-of-schrades-r.us/films/Films.htm

Thread Information