Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: GEC 25s - Gots 'em?

Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!

The Sawcut Goldenrod bone Barlow was my first GEC knife.How could I not go back for more?

I have a few of the two blade models, but much prefer the slim feel and lighter weight of the single blade ones. They're addictive.

First GEC so it has special place in my pocket,much tougher than I expected in such a small frame,pull just right,bit bigger and it would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by biglmbass View Post
    I have a few of the two blade models, but much prefer the slim feel and lighter weight of the single blade ones. They're addictive.

Wow, are those great pictures. Great subjects, too!

(Zippofan, you may be off the hook.)

(On further reflection, nah, you still need to take pictures.)

Glocktenman, I don't know if a river blue one is (still) among those you mentioned earlier, but I just found this thread from you received one, and your pictures and description add even better perspective. I had no idea the ridges were that high!

Charlie (?-- Waynorth), I haven't seen that jigging elsewhere. It's a looker for sure, the right kind of rustic that goes perfectly on the knife, especially against the dark red bone.

~ P.

Biglmbass, are your 25's stock? I've got a single blade spear point that doesn't sit as low when closed as yours look to (which I really like). Or are those (except the Bulldog) the elusive drop points?

Here you go P. My first GEC, #251210, American Elk scales and 440C steel. Pull on mine is stiff, but I know that my pull scale is different from most of you people, so in the end I don't think you would rate it more than 5 or 6.

Fausto

Sonny,

Yes, the green GEC made Bulldog is a spear. The other two are short run drop points.

Quote Originally Posted by pertinux View Post
    Wow, are those great pictures. Great subjects, too!

(Zippofan, you may be off the hook.)

(On further reflection, nah, you still need to take pictures.)
    ~ P.
    LOL, yep, that's similar to the blue handled #25 I have, what a great little knife, but mine has the spear blade. I can't say my pics will be as good as biglmbass' (great photos!) but I'll take 'em all the same. I love the green handled Bulldog too, same style as my red only I have the sheepsfoot.

Sure do, this one:

What?

(Thanks, everyone.)

-- The wee clip blade has a monster pull on it. I've been flushing and oiling and working it since yesterday, and currently have a painters tape tab on it so I can easily open it (again and again and again), but if nothing changes soon I'll be taking it along to the Mothership in a few weeks (Rendezvous) and see what gives. Heh.

Also, I have already adiose'd the blade etch. Whew.

~ P.

Damn you Pertinux, why do you do this to me, I thought my # 62 would be my last big purchase, then your white owl, now this you had me up last night searching for a GEC barlow, I want sheepsfoot main, pen secondary. But I'm gonna wait a bit.

I am proceeding on the idea that I can get all my knife-buying out of the way at once.

That'll work, right?

~ P.

What a great knife ~P.!

The main wharnie make it look real good. The bone is really stunning. Thank you for showing it off

Kind regards
    Andi

Got this one a while back, I like it quite a bit. It's had a little pocket love so far. Pull's stiff but not overly so.

I think I'll be getting a few more....
    Ku'u lei Aleka ~ Ko aloha makamae e ipo...
    Doug C was my friend...

My first GEC got it 2 days ago my thumbnail is sore. But i love it anyway.

Here's mine.

Quote Originally Posted by LEGION 12 View Post
    My first GEC got it 2 days ago my thumbnail is sore. But i love it anyway.
    I have the twin to your knife! It is a regular edc at work where I have to wear dress clothes.

Etch removal underway:

The small blade cutout, bone and liner together, is a sweet touch I hadn't seen highlighted. Then again, I missed the 25s entirely for quite a while, so my observations of what has and has not been covered with these patterns is suspect indeed!

~ P.

Here's mine. The main blade on this one is pretty stiff as well.

Congrats on the two blader ~P!

I wanted one like that myself but my dealer was sold out. They do have more Barlow's though...and I want one

And I've been working on the same premise too, buy them all now, but so far it ain't working.

Quote Originally Posted by zippofan View Post
    Congrats on the two blader ~P!
    Thanks. Still can't believe I missed this/these until now. I'd seen (and been considering) the 26s, smitten especially by the wee pen blade on the frame, but far prefer these.

I wanted one like that myself but my dealer was sold out. They do have more Barlow's though...and I want one
    They probably have one less. Maybe.

And I've been working on the same premise too, buy them all now, but so far it ain't working.
    Besides, your kids' education is a small price to pay for the deep satisfaction of the quest, the momentary fulfillment, the temporal delight that points to ultimate concerns.... Uh, right?!

~ P.

Page 2 of 58 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread Information