Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: GEC 25s - Gots 'em?

ADVERTISEMENT
    I can't wait to see what handles GEC uses on this next batch, though I have a feeling it's going to cost me money

Quote Originally Posted by FLymon View Post
    Whittled a little with one

Flymon.. Do you still have that knife? Are you willin to trade? Got a north field #73 burnt orange. Barely used.

Quote Originally Posted by zippofan View Post
    I can't wait to see what handles GEC uses on this next batch, though I have a feeling it's going to cost me money
    I'm hoping for something(s) with stamped UN-X-LD bolsters and main blade (preferably clip, as before), and/or a good blue, and/or the right Haycorn. Hopefully we'll have more word on what might be coming, soon.

~ P.

Quote Originally Posted by pertinux View Post
    I'm hoping for something(s) with stamped UN-X-LD bolsters and main blade (preferably clip, as before), and/or a good blue, and/or the right Haycorn. Hopefully we'll have more word on what might be coming, soon.

~ P.
    You are really kind when I asked help of Barlow in my past thread. Here's mine.

Beautiful knife, i love the sheep foot master blade and the handle color. That carving is also cool, what kind of wood did you use?

#25 Wharnie

I positively love this little guy...

Seriously guys, I've drooled over this thread all day. All I can say is I know what I'm looking for on my upcoming cake-day. Those ebony barlows are the classiest looking knives I've ever seen.

Currahee,

Wow. Just, wow.

Meanwhile, some #25 Jacks are starting to make their way through, with Dead Skunk and Kryptonite covers on tap:

~ P.

I'm hoping to pick up one of this years 25's to go with my ebony barlow. The little fella has been worked hard and is still robust. Great size pocket knife with handles thick enough for hard cutting. My most carried GEC by far!

Quote Originally Posted by zippofan View Post
    Kingwood, jigged bone tentatively called Autumn Oak, Kryptonite and Dead Skunk, Snakewood, Stag, Buffalo Horn, Primitive Bone.... Anything tickle your fancy yet?

In-progress shots:

... Word has it that more barlows are still months away, but these upcoming Little Jacks sure do look fine in the meantime.

~ P.

The King Wood sounds nice, and that snakewood, wow! It makes my Case Select snakewood Barlow look pretty un-snakey

I'm looking for single blade models. Wharnies, Clips and hopefully a Drop Point. I've got a Spear in stag, but something about the proportions of a Spear in this size blade just doesn't appeal to me. I ground the point down to more of a Drop Point taper, but if I can get one that way from the factory...: )

Yep, these new 25's are a slippery slope for me! Afraid I may have to "fall" into a couple of them

Quote Originally Posted by Finedges View Post
    Yep, these new 25's are a slippery slope for me! Afraid I may have to "fall" into a couple of them
    Every time you post one of your pictures of your ebony barlow, I still go, "Ohhhhh," with a gap between being arrested by the beauty of its form and/in your pictures, and remembering that I actually have one(!). Because of your picture.

All of which I've mentioned before, but: it's still happening!

I have not seen anything indispensable (heh) in the new lineup yet, but I love watching the #25s roll out again.

~ P.

I have this one on the way as of about 30 minutes ago. I have been trying to decide between this 2 bladed one or a 1 blade e-z open.

Great Eastern Tidioute, model 253208J, Jack Knife

Measures 3" closed.

Red Jig Bone handle, nickel silver bolsters, Hour Glass inlay shield

1095 Carbon Steel Blades

Made in Titusville PA., USA, 2008.

No Serial Number, only 26 made without number

New, never used, never carried, factory sharp.

Original cardboard storage tube.

jwh

Quote Originally Posted by jwh View Post
    I have this one on the way as of about 30 minutes ago.
    Sounds great! I look forward to hearing your impressions of it. (I was going to ask is it here yet? is it here yet? but realized you wrote the above just yesterday. It feels like longer ago. )

Meanwhile, here come these:

... As promising an array as this is, I haven't seen my own Next One yet. I like the look of the spear blade on this pattern, but find it less helpful in use than other main blades in this size and width.

~ P.

Amber Jig catches my eye. But I prefer the Spear when it is in EZ-Open frame.

I have to say I'm disappointed with this release, the only thing different in these are nail nicks and covers. I was really hoping for different blades, singles, and Barlows

Now why did I have to click on this thread ?
    That little Micarta covered one just might do it for me...I think I can resist...maybe...

I hear they only made 10 of the micarta, so don't wait too long!

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information