Thread: looking 4 small

marietta s.c.---not sure this place is on earth though...

Cool looking 4 small

ADVERTISEMENT
    belt size khukuri by HI: 7 in blade maybe ak 12in or pen knife.,,whatcha think?

I sure like my HI Bilton. Its always on my belt when I'm tromping through the woods.
    Its a smaller knife, but I don't want a huge knife on my belt. Its light weight, and super easy to carry. With it on my belt, heaver tools get to ride in or on my backpack.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ghlight=bilton

marietta s.c.---not sure this place is on earth though...
    thanx shinook

A small BDC is the smallest kuk that feels "right" to me.

smallest KHUK...12 villager AK, or possibly, Pen knife.

smallest utilitarian knife is something different.

Enjoy the hunt.

I have a 13" AK that I love for a small khuk. It doesn't behave like its bigger brothers, but it offers more snap than a comparable straight knife. I find a lot of diminishing on a non-job specific knife over the 12" mark. That is to say, a khuk smaller than 12" overall feels weird. A straight knife designed as an all around camper feels cumbersome.

I usually pack the 13" AK when I'm doing yard work. A couple of months ago, I had to send a baby bunny to bunny heaven because I had accidentally run over his nest with my mower and mortally whacked him pretty good The AK made it a quick slide to the other side for him without making me feel like I was having to get all close and personal to the deed. Anything smaller would have made it a messy job on my soul.

If we're not talking about a chopper, I much prefer a smaller lighter belt knife like a SARGE/KPH or any of the R-Series. Unless the knife is super balanced, that is. I have a Fiddleback Woodsman that is very much in the do-it-all-jack-of-all-trades size, but the balance, sharpness, and blade shape make it one of my best performing camp knives. Pairs nicely with a larger khuk, a SAK/multitool, and a kit .22 pistol.
    Jake
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I have a 12" Ang Khola, it makes a descent belt knife. Though I do carry a Kumar Karda a lot more.
    Heber Ellsworth
    Email: wildmanh@yahoo.com

I have a 12 inch-ish Pen. Amazing chopper for it's size but not so good if you need something pointy.

Thread Information