Thread: looking 4 small

marietta s.c.---not sure this place is on earth though...

Cool looking 4 small

ADVERTISEMENT
    belt size khukuri by HI: 7 in blade maybe ak 12in or pen knife.,,whatcha think?

I sure like my HI Bilton. Its always on my belt when I'm tromping through the woods.
    Its a smaller knife, but I don't want a huge knife on my belt. Its light weight, and super easy to carry. With it on my belt, heaver tools get to ride in or on my backpack.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ghlight=bilton

marietta s.c.---not sure this place is on earth though...
    thanx shinook

A small BDC is the smallest kuk that feels "right" to me.

smallest KHUK...12 villager AK, or possibly, Pen knife.

smallest utilitarian knife is something different.

Enjoy the hunt.

Kis
    Enjoy every sandwich.
    Warren Zevon
    fiddlebackforge.com
    ART, in metal.

I have a 13" AK that I love for a small khuk. It doesn't behave like its bigger brothers, but it offers more snap than a comparable straight knife. I find a lot of diminishing on a non-job specific knife over the 12" mark. That is to say, a khuk smaller than 12" overall feels weird. A straight knife designed as an all around camper feels cumbersome.

I usually pack the 13" AK when I'm doing yard work. A couple of months ago, I had to send a baby bunny to bunny heaven because I had accidentally run over his nest with my mower and mortally whacked him pretty good The AK made it a quick slide to the other side for him without making me feel like I was having to get all close and personal to the deed. Anything smaller would have made it a messy job on my soul.

If we're not talking about a chopper, I much prefer a smaller lighter belt knife like a SARGE/KPH or any of the R-Series. Unless the knife is super balanced, that is. I have a Fiddleback Woodsman that is very much in the do-it-all-jack-of-all-trades size, but the balance, sharpness, and blade shape make it one of my best performing camp knives. Pairs nicely with a larger khuk, a SAK/multitool, and a kit .22 pistol.
    Jake
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I have a 12" Ang Khola, it makes a descent belt knife. Though I do carry a Kumar Karda a lot more.
    Heber Ellsworth
    Email: wildmanh@yahoo.com

I have a 12 inch-ish Pen. Amazing chopper for it's size but not so good if you need something pointy.

Thread Information