Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Joseph Hargis Knives

ADVERTISEMENT
    I think if someone can meet Joe H. in person, people here are more likely to get their money back sooner than through legal action which is always a slow drawn out affair (at least it is in Canada).
    roland

Quote Originally Posted by rprocter View Post
    I think if someone can meet Joe H. in person, people here are more likely to get their money back sooner than through legal action which is always a slow drawn out affair (at least it is in Canada).
    roland
    Roland, I apologize if my last post seemed a tad snarky, but my frustration level is reaching its apex. You're right about having someone speak w/ Joe in person, but so far, nobody has stepped up to assist. I've all but written off my money, and considering this a very expensive lesson learned.

This kind of stuff affects all the knife makers that are honest folks .. You would think with his father being a knife maker that they would be known to other makers in the same area. He has to pay the people who lost money back. I believe he is around based on him shipping and shutting down his website. Another maker that beat me out of $200 bucks last year did the same exact thing stole deposits fully paid orders and shut down the site. Having been ripped off myself I take this crap personal and would love a chance to talk to this guy and try to figure out how he thought he was going to get away with it.

I think his father has to step in and make this all right if he has a shred of dignity.. His kid is ruining both the family name.. people are going to remeber Hargis and thats it.

Sorry guys! This is the first time i've been on in a while. I have had health/ family crisis issues for about the past month. I am trying to get all of my deals squared away and all knives that are promised are being shipped as soon as possible. I will deal with everyone individualy through PM or email. Again sorry about this. I won't be making any more knives in the near future because of my health/ family situation.

Marko3,
    My father and I have nothing to do with each other. I don't plan on ripping anyone off but have had some things going on that I havent been able to do business as usuall. Hopefully you can understand this. I will get all of my customers taken care of.

Joe has emailed me and promised to make this right. I think he deserves a chance to make this right based on his personal problems keeping him off the grid. Let's give him a few weeks and see if he keeps his word, based on his feedback from deals in the past, I believe he is telling the truth and will take care of us. Please post here to let us know if/when you get your knife or money back.

7. Sounds good . I think 2 weeks is a fair time line to get our knives back. Lets keep each other posted... Good Luck to all.

My posts suggesting 'don't jump to conclusions' come as a result of me being an old guy. I have seen and experienced sudden completely unpredictable events occur that change one's life in ways you could never have imagined.
    And it's really rather common and can happen at any time, any age.
    Joe it's good to see you back and i hope that you will be able to reimburse those who have been posting here while they waited.
    roland

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have no problem "eating crow" if Joe makes good on his promises. I will be the first to start a new thread asking for the administration to remove the negative feedback I've left on my transaction and furthermore, I will publicly detract the negative statements left in this thread.

Joe also sent me a PM stating that my knife will ship tomorrow. If illness/family crisis was severe enough to prevent him from following through, well I suppose I'm willing to give this deal another shot. The ball is officially in his court.

Joe, PM inbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hargis Knives View Post
    Marko3,
    My father and I have nothing to do with each other. I don't plan on ripping anyone off but have had some things going on that I havent been able to do business as usuall. Hopefully you can understand this. I will get all of my customers taken care of.
    Fair enough Joe.. I dont know you or what goes on in your life. I wish you the best and I hope you get better if its your health. I just get ticked off when this stuff happens and if it was out of your control Im sure you will get everyone squared away.

Joe has sent me a pm also claiming to make good on my knife. Like I said before I don't mind waiting on the knife but the communication must be there. Thanks for the update Joe and take care of yourself.

I bought a knife from Joe and he shipped it right away, it is a great knife and communication was good. A few years ago I broke my back and I was so out of it and in pain that I refused to answer my phone or respond to emails for over 2 months.

Therefore I tend to give a guy who has a good track record the benefit of the doubt. I wish I had seen this thread earlier so I could have spoken up then.

A talented knife maker like Joe isn't likely to just destroy his reputation on this site to make $1000. Unless you've been laid low by a serious medical problem it is hard to realize how easily it is to let everything else slip for a bit.

Health/family crisis usually come unexpectedly, I know my heart attack/bypass surgery wake up 5 days later off the vent really caught me by surprise. Hope all is well or getting back to normal Joe. Still looking forward to receiving that knife.

So a little update here, gentlemen... Received an email from Joe this afternoon stating that my knife had shipped and included a tracking number. Sounds like things are turning around. Once it arrives safe and sound, I will update again.

Now, the only thing I need to do is figure out how I would like my crow prepared...fried, grilled, or served with a little "humble pie"...

Mikey, there is no need for you to 'eat crow'. Your posts were all reasonable considering the circumstances, and it's not really over until you have your knife in hand, which hopefully will be within a couple of days.
    I don't know what happened to keep Joe out of communication for so long but it is now very important for him that he makes sure everyone who is owed a knife receives their knife asap and that these knives are first rate. Reputation is really most important to be a successful knifemaker and when something like this happens the knifemaker needs to be sure that every customer is 100% satisfied with the final outcome.
    roland

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyJ View Post
    So a little update here, gentlemen... Received an email from Joe this afternoon stating that my knife had shipped and included a tracking number. Sounds like things are turning around. Once it arrives safe and sound, I will update again.

Now, the only thing I need to do is figure out how I would like my crow prepared...fried, grilled, or served with a little "humble pie"...
    Glad to hear its on its way! No need to eat crow, we all had reasons to be concerned and upset. It looks like this might have a happy outcome for us all.

17. Let's hope so. We all had/have reason to be concerned when we shell out hard earned money up front . In this day and age it's hard to come by, and when knifemakers ask for the full amount up front and we comply- we show our utmost trust. All we ask for in return is honesty and communication. I hope this works out for all of us. I've been waiting two months. I hope we all get our knives and everyone is happy.

Guys - My knife arrived today, exactly as advertised (albeit a little late... ) and I am very please with it!

I hope that everyone else's comes through in a timely manner. Best of luck and keep this thread open so I can continue to follow!

19. I'm glad for you Mikey. When did you order yours ? I still haven't heard anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyJ View Post
    Guys - My knife arrived today, exactly as advertised (albeit a little late... ) and I am very please with it!

I hope that everyone else's comes through in a timely manner. Best of luck and keep this thread open so I can continue to follow!
    That's awesome man, how do you like it? Joe's got one down and 3 or 4 to go. Thanks for updating us. I'll be sure to do the same when mine arrives.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information