Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 78

Thread: Spyderco Para Military 2 Dark Green G-10 Handles, CTS-204P

  1. #1

    Spyderco Para Military 2 Dark Green G-10 Handles, CTS-204P


    ADVERTISEMENT
    Are these about to ship? It's past it's estimated ship date now.

    Do you guys think that this is the end of the road as far as Para 2 sprint runs go? It's been a nice run with the Carbon Fiber, Grey, Blue, Orange and Brown and now only Green remains.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    2,560
    No way is this the last one (btw technically it's a dealer exclusive, not a sprint). They are way too popular for dealers not to be willing to commission more. Plus the original PM was on the market, what, 6-7 years? There's no chance of going that long without another given even the model's popularity.

    Or did you mean last for the year? I don't see any more on the exclusives page on Spyderco's site. The blue PM2 is coming back for another run in December, so based on that and past wait times, I suppose it takes 6-12 months minimum after commission for Spyderco to deliver. If the exclusives page is accurately updated, I'd guess we won't see any new runs before the new year, December at the earliest.

    That's all a lot of speculation, though.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by kreole View Post
    No way is this the last one (btw technically it's a dealer exclusive, not a sprint). They are way too popular for dealers not to be willing to commission more. Plus the original PM was on the market, what, 6-7 years? There's no chance of going that long without another given even the model's popularity.

    Or did you mean last for the year? I don't see any more on the exclusives page on Spyderco's site. The blue PM2 is coming back for another run in December, so based on that and past wait times, I suppose it takes 6-12 months minimum after commission for Spyderco to deliver. If the exclusives page is accurately updated, I'd guess we won't see any new runs before the new year, December at the earliest.

    That's all a lot of speculation, though.
    So the dealer exclusive means that they can order more if they want too (like the Blue Para 2s) and it's not limited to a finite number. I know the difference I just don't pay that much attention. Get it now! is always my thought. And yes, I meant the last sprints/special runs for the Para 2 ever. They could do a few for the Yojimbo 2 as far as I'm concerned. I want carbon fiber, S90V!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrack223 View Post
    So the dealer exclusive means that they can order more if they want too (like the Blue Para 2s) and it's not limited to a finite number. I know the difference I just don't pay that much attention. Get it now! is always my thought. And yes, I meant the last sprints/special runs for the Para 2 ever. They could do a few for the Yojimbo 2 as far as I'm concerned. I want carbon fiber, S90V!
    Dealer exclusive = commissioned by a dealer, and they can order more runs (only they can order that combo for a certain amount of time)
    Sprint = Spyderco does it all, and there won't be another run

    I'm hoping for a sweet Yo2 sprint like that also. Yeah it's geared towards sd, but I wouldn't use it for that and love wharncliffes . S90v/cf sounds good to me, too!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    186
    I hope they do more, they still haven't done any with M4 yet I don't think.

    I have a question about sprints/exclusives. My understanding is that sprints are only sold by the dealer who commissions them and exclusives are distributed to many dealers. That makes sense, but what about the Manix 2 CTS-BD30P? I thought that was a sprint run but wasn't it available at more than one dealer?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by pry View Post
    I hope they do more, they still haven't done any with M4 yet I don't think.

    I have a question about sprints/exclusives. My understanding is that sprints are only sold by the dealer who commissions them and exclusives are distributed to many dealers. That makes sense, but what about the Manix 2 CTS-BD30P? I thought that was a sprint run but wasn't it available at more than one dealer?
    You have it backwards. Sprints are produced by Spyderco and handed out to multiple dealers, whereas dealer exclusives are exclusive to the single dealer who commissions them . That M2, being a sprint, was available to multiple dealers.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    3,196
    Quote Originally Posted by kreole View Post
    No way is this the last one (btw technically it's a dealer exclusive, not a sprint). They are way too popular for dealers not to be willing to commission more. Plus the original PM was on the market, what, 6-7 years? There's no chance of going that long without another given even the model's popularity.

    Or did you mean last for the year? I don't see any more on the exclusives page on Spyderco's site. The blue PM2 is coming back for another run in December, so based on that and past wait times, I suppose it takes 6-12 months minimum after commission for Spyderco to deliver. If the exclusives page is accurately updated, I'd guess we won't see any new runs before the new year, December at the earliest.

    That's all a lot of speculation, though.
    It's a distributor exclusive, not a dealer exclusive. It will go to one distributor, then to many different dealers.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,671
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTideShooter View Post
    It's a distributor exclusive, not a dealer exclusive. It will go to one distributor, then to many different dealers.
    Not an expert here but I've read that in the past some of these ended up all getting bought by one retailer so they were only available from that one retailer.

    The sprints have been very popular. The most recent para 2 sprints are the orange and the green, and they both sold out quickly. One sold out in 12 days and the other in 7 days! With that kind of record I can't imagine why the retailers's aren't lined up outside Spyderco's door waiting to place more orders. I don't know how lucrative these are for the retailers but the blue Para 2 sold for a significant price and must have been profitable. Its high price also seemed to keep it from selling out as fast but it did ultimately sell out and the retailer said they have ordered more.

    Nobody seems to know when the green para 2 will be available and spyderco's policy is to not provide any information on timing other than the general information that is on their website. If you check the forums every day you will at some point see when people have been contacted that their knives are being shipped. This may be the first notice that the knives are available. Also there always seem to be people that are privileged to get their knives first and these people will put them on ebay for high prices so you can also check ebay every day.

    I would guess that we're close though, most likely they will start to arrive at buyers within a month.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Portlandia
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by kreole View Post
    You have it backwards. Sprints are produced by Spyderco and handed out to multiple dealers, whereas dealer exclusives are exclusive to the single dealer who commissions them . That M2, being a sprint, was available to multiple dealers.
    ahh thanks for correcting me, I always thought my orange pm2 was a cs sprint and my m390 millie was a knifeworks sprint but they must just be dealer exclusives. So does that mean the blue tenacious is a sprint run?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    587
    Lady at kw told me that they did receive a small batch already, that were beginning to ship as of 3 days ago
    Courage is not to have no fear, but to move along in adversity
    Gen. George S. Patton

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by msass74 View Post
    Lady at kw told me that they did receive a small batch already, that were beginning to ship as of 3 days ago
    Wow... if this is true, you have made my week.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Land of the Bean & the Cod
    Posts
    6,244
    So my prediction that they'd start shipping on June 31 was close....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    2,560
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTideShooter View Post
    It's a distributor exclusive, not a dealer exclusive. It will go to one distributor, then to many different dealers.
    Distributor exclusives are dealer exclusives according to Spyderco. That way it's nice and confusing

    It will be interesting to see which dealers buy from brk by seeing where these green PM2s come out.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    secret underground bunker
    Posts
    9,905
    I wouldn't care if they didn't ship for another year. I'm trying to curtail my cash outflow.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    3,196
    Empty post?
    Last edited by CrimsonTideShooter; 06-30-2012 at 05:32 PM.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Otisfield, ME
    Posts
    292
    Quote Originally Posted by kreole View Post
    Distributor exclusives are dealer exclusives according to Spyderco. That way it's nice and confusing

    It will be interesting to see which dealers buy from brk by seeing where these green PM2s come out.
    According to their website Knifeworks bought all of them from the distributor http://www.knifeworks.com/spydercopa...oundblade.aspx

    Some will get collectors club numbers and go to the dealers that each CC member uses the balance went to knifeworks.
    Last edited by Fat Goat Forge; 07-01-2012 at 05:31 AM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brownsburg, IN
    Posts
    2,168
    Anyone have any money taken from them yet? If they did get some in and were going to ship them out they should have already.

  18. #18
    I wrote them an email and they said this:
    "You will be billed once we receive a shipping conformation that the knives have been shipped from Spyderco."
    and
    "I expect these to be later July."

    -Ashley Williams, Knifeworks Inc.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    533
    I got on the "wait list" for these, for whatever its worth. No clue how deep I am on it, but figured it couldnt hurt, for how much sprints/exclusives go on the secondary market

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    587
    still havent seen money taken from me ....they need to hurry up
    Courage is not to have no fear, but to move along in adversity
    Gen. George S. Patton

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •