Thread: does the ZT0560 need lubrication?

does the ZT0560 need lubrication?

ADVERTISEMENT
    I think I heard that the ZT0560 doesn't need lubrication because of the ball bearing system. will a little lube cause any problems?

have you lubed your ZT knife?

Lube around the pivot won't hurt the 0560 but you want to be careful around the framelock because if any lube gets there the bar can slide in farther making the knife almost impossible to unlock. Overall it won't hurt if you are careful but why lube a knife that silky smooth anyways?

It's definitely not a necessity, but there is a noticeable difference. Lubing the detent track alone probably triples the distance the blade can be open and still 'self-close' on mine.

I use a drop or 2 of Nano-Lube on the pivot on mine one a week when I strop it to touch of the edge, and it keeps is silky smooth.

It Won't hurt. But I'd say keeping it clean is more important then lubing it.

i lubed mine with a few drops of rem-oil and shes as slick as butter now

I use Teflon dry lube on mine works great and doesn't collect dirt like oil does. What I am using now is made for bike chains. It goes on wet but dries milk white in a few minutes. It just takes a drop, but it won't make your lock bar stick either if you get too much.

Mine made a screeching sound when opened before the lube. I think it was from the lock bar dragging dry on the blade.

Thread Information