Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how many younger kids/teens are regularly using this website

ADVERTISEMENT
    I'm 41 and my wife says I'm more like 15 when it comes to my love of sharp and shiny.

Bet he didn`t see that 1 coming,Something to be said about "reading"the rules....

At least it'll be a good birthday present.

17 here. When I first started carrying an EDC, my friend noticed the Kershaw clip and called the knife. From that point on, me and that friend have been having non-stop conversations about what knives we want next and comparing knives. Pretty awesome. haha

Most people on here will not admit to being young because some people will not sell to minors on here. I know I wouldn't sell something I have owned/sharpened to a 13-14-15Yo unless I personally know them. Too much stuff can go wrong these days.

14 here, and visit this site everyday all the time. All my uncles are into tools including knives, so a lot of my parents' acceptance of my interest is because they expect it.
    To anyone reading this and still in Middle or High School, please do not let your interest in knives intervene with your education, I screwed up 7th and 8th grade because
    I was too busy reading about knives and sharpening. I'm very serious about that, and don't let fun turn into obsession like it did with me.

That sucks for the OP... The age requirement is 13... is it because there officially a teenager now or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony8179 View Post
    Vorpal swords work best on zombies. Everyone knows that.
    I thought that was for killing Jabberwockys?

Quote Originally Posted by SJ408 View Post
    17 here. When I first started carrying an EDC, my friend noticed the Kershaw clip and called the knife. From that point on, me and that friend have been having non-stop conversations about what knives we want next and comparing knives. Pretty awesome. haha
    I wish people around here were like that. Instead they're typical teenagers walking around the mall, doing drugs, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by turk.919 View Post
    I know I wouldn't sell something I have owned/sharpened to a 13-14-15Yo unless I personally know them. Too much stuff can go wrong these days.
    You bring up a really good point. I wouldn't want to sell a knife to anyone under 18. Regardless of weather I knew the person or not. I've never considered that I could be selling to a minor. From here on out I will have to make a point to check ages.
    I don't even hear what your saying right now cause your face is driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by turk.919 View Post
    Most people on here will not admit to being young because some people will not sell to minors on here. I know I wouldn't sell something I have owned/sharpened to a 13-14-15Yo unless I personally know them. Too much stuff can go wrong these days.
    While I agree with you to an extent, age doesn't always equal maturity. There is probably an equal amount of immature minors and immature adults in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Plasmio View Post
    I wish people around here were like that. Instead they're typical teenagers walking around the mall, doing drugs, etc.
    True true, I'm actually one of the people in my friend group that hasn't touched drugs. I fulfill my own needs through different hobbies (aquariums, knives, sports, working out, etc.) haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrow View Post
    Unfortunately you can't be here until you're 13.

BladeForums.com is an adult website with adult discussions.
    In accordance with the COPPA, no one under the age of 13 may join BladeForums.com

I'm sorry to do this but I'm putting a temporary ban on your account. You listed your birthday in your profile and I'll unlock your account the day you turn 13.
    best birthday present ever!

Glad to see youth on here. The addiction to knives will keep you from getting in trouble

Just remember to empty your pockets before going to school.
    Order Janitor

Toxic.CF.FB.club

Quote Originally Posted by SidC View Post
    While I agree with you to an extent, age doesn't always equal maturity. There is probably an equal amount of immature minors and immature adults in the world.
    Nah, there's lots more of us immature old farts than there are minors, mature or not.

I think most of the younger people post in the Prac Tac sub forum.

Blog Entries
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childre...Protection_Act

The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) is a United States federal law, located at 15 U.S.C. §§ 6501–6506 (Pub.L. 105-277, 112 Stat. 2581-728, enacted October 21, 1998).

The act, effective April 21, 2000, applies to the online collection of personal information by persons or entities under U.S. jurisdiction from children under 13 years of age. It details what a website operator must include in a privacy policy, when and how to seek verifiable consent from a parent or guardian, and what responsibilities an operator has to protect children's privacy and safety online including restrictions on the marketing to those under 13. While children under 13 can legally give out personal information with their parents' permission, many websites altogether disallow underage children from using their services due to the amount of paperwork involved.

15 here
    Current beckerhead
    Knife knut
    Soon to / wannabe knife maker
    And also about to get my first zt 05xx or mabye the upcoming composit model depending on the price

Also it pisses me off to no end when inexperienced knife people try to tell me what to do with my knives since I joined the forum. My step dad for example told me to sharpen a knife along the edge/corner of the stone then said you can never get a knife as sharp as it came from the factory with a stone. I then proceed to sharpen EVERY knife in the house. He comes home and cuts himself twelve times while making dinner. He asks how I got the knives so sharp and I say I used a smooth flat rock and some oil. (Cheap arkansas stone from home depot)

Somewhere in the bush near Bathurst, NSW Australia
    sorry to drag up an old thread but im 16 and i'm crazy about knives. lucky i live out of town so i've got lots of things to do with them i'm trying to get a part time job so i can get more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information