Thread: Some recent Hinderer modifications (Photos)>>>>>>>>>

1. Some recent Hinderer modifications (Photos)>>>>>>>>>

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hey guys!

I got some new parts in and made a few mods - looked pretty good so I got the camera out.

First up, here's one of my XM-18 3.5's:

I really like the blue G10 scale, and decided to get some blue anodized hardware to match:

I've got another scale inbound which I think will be an even better match!

Next up is my ZT 0550 - I hadn't been carrying it much lately, and realized it was because I REALLY don't like the stock ZT scale. I decided to replace it with a Hinderer scale - I wanted to stay black...but wanted something a little different. The Hinderer blue-black G10 is just what the doctor ordered!

Here it is next to another of my XM-18's with a black G10 scale for comparison. I REALLY like it - haven't stopped carrying my ZT 0550 since getting it!

All the hardware I purchased is now available from the Hinderer website. Now if they'll just get those blue anodized standoffs for the XM-18 3.5's back in stock....

As always, nice photos.

The 0550 looks "right" in the XM or Frag texture, the factory stuff is not for me. I went orange XM texture on mine.
    Was a bit surprised to hear the 0550 is pocketed, you pair it with an XM right?

And l read you have something inbound to match the new blue Ti bits, is it a blue ano Ti scale? That would certainly match up nicely.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Need2Know View Post
    As always, nice photos.

The 0550 looks "right" in the XM or Frag texture, the factory stuff is not for me. I went orange XM texture on mine.
    Was a bit surprised to hear the 0550 is pocketed, you pair it with an XM right?
    Normally no - I like to switch it up.

And l read you have something inbound to match the new blue Ti bits, is it a blue ano Ti scale? That would certainly match up nicely.
    Maaaaybe.

Beautiful RJ

5. Thank you sir!

Great photos as always

One aspect of Hinderer ownership which I really enjoy is the ability to easily personalise scales, clips, standoffs (when I can get some) and fancy Steel Flame embellishments.

I recently scored a fragged carbon scale to add to my smooth and texture carbon scales - I really cant decide which I prefer which leads me to the conclusion that I need another XM-18 to wear the other scales. The carbon scales are my current fav.

I've also caved in and now have a silver skull tab filler on the way, I'll see how I feel about that when fitted.

Now.......when those Ti standoffs hit stock I'm over them like a rash..............(and the tool too)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jaytaylor View Post
    Great photos as always

One aspect of Hinderer ownership which I really enjoy is the ability to easily personalise scales, clips, standoffs (when I can get some) and fancy Steel Flame embellishments.

I recently scored a fragged carbon scale to add to my smooth and texture carbon scales - I really cant decide which I prefer which leads me to the conclusion that I need another XM-18 to wear the other scales. The carbon scales are my current fav.

I've also caved in and now have a silver skull tab filler on the way, I'll see how I feel about that when fitted.

Now.......when those Ti standoffs hit stock I'm over them like a rash..............(and the tool too)
    The tool can be found from some US based dealers presently. Forum rules prevent me for linking - but if you're on USN check the dealer network there.

how many colors are out there for anodized hardware?

Quote Originally Posted by masp3392 View Post
    how many colors are out there for anodized hardware?
    Plain, blue and bronze. But they differ a bit with finish, be it stonewashed, sand or bead blasted.

Beautiful pictures! I really like how the 0550 looks with that scale you got there. Might even consider buying a 0550 just so I can buy that scale...

Quote Originally Posted by Need2Know View Post
    Plain, blue and bronze. But they differ a bit with finish, be it stonewashed, sand or bead blasted.
    sweet, ive actually seen black, or a dark grey which fits right to my style, im guessing that probably was a custom

12. Quote Originally Posted by Need2Know View Post
    The accessory anodized hardware is only in one finish, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex John View Post
    The accessory anodized hardware is only in one finish, correct?
    Depends.

If you mean hardware as in fasteners, those are of the same or very similar finish as far as I know.

Most hardware like standoffs and such are the same finish, just different colors. Titanium scales differ in finish, pocket clips and fillers can as well. For example, the clips and filler match the anodized lockside on show and custom knives and those come in many variations of finish. It gets confusing.

But if you are asking about the stuff offered on the official Hinderer Web site, even if out of stock, the product descriptions still give a basic idea of what's out there.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Need2Know View Post
    Depends.

If you mean hardware as in fasteners, those are of the same or very similar finish as far as I know.

Most hardware like standoffs and such are the same finish, just different colors. Titanium scales differ in finish, pocket clips and fillers can as well. For example, the clips and filler match the anodized lockside on show and custom knives and those come in many variations of finish. It gets confusing.

But if you are asking about the stuff offered on the official Hinderer Web site, even if out of stock, the product descriptions still give a basic idea of what's out there.
    Ahhh...OK I get it now. I see "hardware" being all the accessory anodized stuff BUT the scales....with the scales being in a separate category.

Nice upgrades John.....both knives look great!

16. Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Choil View Post
    Nice upgrades John.....both knives look great!
    Thanks!

Mang: the XM and 550 love outstanding!!

Thread Information