Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Stupid people can do stupid things.

ADVERTISEMENT
    My buddy sliced his finger open pretty badly with one of my machetes. He was using it to cut down some corn stalks and swung above where his hand was holding the stalk and hit his finger instead. I didn't bleed at all at first and you could see the bone clear as day. Still has the scar.

Quote Originally Posted by seelow123 View Post
    My buddy sliced his finger open pretty badly with one of my machetes. He was using it to cut down some corn stalks and swung above where his hand was holding the stalk and hit his finger instead. I didn't bleed at all at first and you could see the bone clear as day. Still has the scar.
    Must have been a bit dull... You could take a finger off and not even notice it with a new edge on a machete.

I always cringe when I hand knives to people and they proceed to run the blade across their fingers. I mean, what are you doing? Do you want to cut yourself?
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic318088_2.gif
    May your life be more than a series of chance events.

Quote Originally Posted by Grease View Post
    Must have been a bit dull... You could take a finger off and not even notice it with a new edge on a machete.

I always cringe when I hand knives to people and they proceed to run the blade across their fingers. I mean, what are you doing? Do you want to cut yourself?
    Yes, it was my beater cold steel bolo. I don't give him any others because he's careless (obviously). That machete has a lot of character now.

Double post....

Well I have now heard some stupid things that people friends have done with your knives but, I think this may just be a new level in stupidity. The story starts when I just finished putting a new coat of paint on my Recon 1 and when I went to my friends house to hangout with him he asked if he could see the knife so I let him see it while I carried on with whatever I was doing. When I looked over he was using a coin of a screwdriver and was carving something on my blade, I grabbed the knife and flipped over the blade and noticed that he carved a swastika into the new paint and part way into the steel. I was so pissed of I didn't even know what I was going to do. So he kept trying to tell me the paint looked bad and it was not a big deal so I told him to carve one into his blade and he does but it was not bigger than half a toe nail while the one he carved on my blade was the size of a half dollar.

This probably qualifies..LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Endololz View Post
    Well I have now heard some stupid things that people friends have done with your knives but, I think this may just be a new level in stupidity. The story starts when I just finished putting a new coat of paint on my Recon 1 and when I went to my friends house to hangout with him he asked if he could see the knife so I let him see it while I carried on with whatever I was doing. When I looked over he was using a coin of a screwdriver and was carving something on my blade, I grabbed the knife and flipped over the blade and noticed that he carved a swastika into the new paint and part way into the steel. I was so pissed of I didn't even know what I was going to do. So he kept trying to tell me the paint looked bad and it was not a big deal so I told him to carve one into his blade and he does but it was not bigger than half a toe nail while the one he carved on my blade was the size of a half dollar.
    You really need some new friends dude. I know some people who has done some really dumb stuff with my knives but they all did it without knowing it would damage it. Your friend was intentionally damaging it. Sometimes I wish I could understand the things going on in people's heads. It's mind boggling the things people do.
    Beckerhead #119

oh I just remembered another one- about 3 weeks ago, me and my friend were lighting a fire with PLENTY of alcohol in the blood system- well, I was near sober again ( I stopped drinking) and I was swiping at some cardboard cause- well, I felt like it and we didnt have firelighters. Mate says " can I have a go"- He is one of those people who doesnt really slurr when he is drunk so I assumed he was a s sober as me. he missedd the cardboard and filleted his finger to the bone- Alcohol seems to be a blood thinner cause it bled like a mofo
    - took him to the doctor next day-

and in TRUE NZ STYLE, we had to wait 1 hour despite being the only ones at the doctors, AND the useless sumbitch doctor put a plaster on it- that was a 36 dollar plaster -_- - that cut NEEDED stitches, YOU COULD SEE THE BONE

edit to add: knife was Spyderco Paramilitary in M390 with a hair splitting edge
    Last edited by Razorsharp-Travis; 07-04-2012 at 03:55 AM.

Kiwis.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Doug C View Post
    Kiwis.

Doug
    hahaha, you bet- He moved away recently- I must see if he has feeling back in his finger XD

A few months ago I loaned my friend my Martindale Bolo machete cause he was gonna help his grandfather with some yard work around his house and asked to borrow it. When I get my machete back it is covered in rust cause it was left out in the rain for several days and had some nicks in the blade. The rust came off and there was no pitting so that wasn't a huge deal, it just irked me cause I had asked him multiple times before lending it to him not to leave it in the rain but when I asked how the blade got nicked, he admitted he had banging it against another knife for whatever reason. My friend did apologize and offered to buy me a new machete but I was able to file off the nicks for the most part.

Back in March when I first got my CRKT M16, another friend asks to see it while we're at a public park cause he wanted to cut something loose that was stuck in his backpack. I tell him to be discreet and not let anyone see it, and like an idiot he starts flipping the blade out like a switchblade in front of parents and kids and we started getting weird stares. We ended up leaving the park and I no longer let that friend near any of my blades.

As for me, one of my personal biggest bonehead moves I've done with a knife was when I was a teen, I was throwing my Ka-Bar up in the air and catching the knife (I know I'm an idiot) and of course I eventually missed and the blade ended up piercing the top of my bare foot. The cut wasn't the worst I've ever suffered and required no medical attention but it did leave a small scar on my foot as a permanent reminder of my stupidity.

Well I'm starting this thread because I was wondering if anyone other than me knows someone who has done some really stupid things with knives (Yours or theirs). One example is when I let a friend see my Emerson (thinking he just wanted to see it) and he thought it would be okay to start to stab the G-10 with another knife. So if you have any stories about stupid things people have done feel free to share them in this thread.
    A guy at work today wanted to see my BM 940, my new Osborne and first BenchMade Knife... He started flicking the knife while trying to actuate the axis lock, and it flew from his hand before I could tell him to stop. One of the aluminum scales now has a chip in it... Doesn't bother me very much though, aside from the idea that it is an expensive knife [for me]. I bought it to be a user knife I'd create memories with First lesson learned with this knife; Don't let untrusted individuals handle personally owned expensive tools...

Had my liner lock at work this year, sitting out as I was opening packages. A co-worker who seems to otherwise HAVE a brain picked it up and threw it to try to stick it in a cart which was metal with a foam cover.

I don't know why people love to throw tactical folders, but they do. We have wood block floors and I've picked up a few $1 liner locks for some other, otherwise intelligent co-workers, to throw at the floor.

When I was 10 or so (old enough to know better, but still too young and stupid to take heed), I was having a hard time prying the lid off of one of those little plastic "bubble" containers you get from quarter toy machines. So, I decided to use the blade on my Vic Classic to drill a hole through the lid. I figured as long as I was careful, it would work out OK. Well, inevitably the blade folded on my finger, which bled like crazy and freaked me out. Took a while to get it to stop, but I didn't need stitches and it didn't even leave a scar. That was a relatively cheap lesson in NOT using the blade of a knife like an awl.

One time a coworker asked to borrow my knife. I lent him my Gerber folder, which I use to cut open boxes. He came back about 15 minutes later with a good bit of the black finish worn off the blade, and a couple of dings in the edge. Turns out a customer had locked herself out of her car and he was somehow (I'm not sure exactly how) trying to get either the window or the door of the car open with the knife. I was pretty pissed, but it could have been worse. I managed to grind the dings out of the blade, and just considered the missing blade blackening to be extra "character" -- after all, it's a working knife anyway and wasn't in mint condition to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by seelow123 View Post
    Yes, it was my beater cold steel bolo. I don't give him any others because he's careless (obviously). That machete has a lot of character now.
    Good man. You saved his fingers (from him!)
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic318088_2.gif
    May your life be more than a series of chance events.

Blog Entries
    i hate to admit it but two summers ago i was pissed off about something (and drunk) and i decided to throw one of my cheapo stiletos at the floor, it went right through the side of my foot into the floor, i ended up with a bunch of stitches and nerve damage, to this day i cant really bend or feel my big toe on my left foot. yep, pretty dumb.

I walked in to see my buck 110, boker folder, and buck vanguard being used as darts on my fecking boars hair. Dartboard when I keep 5 sets in the cabinet. To make it worse when I yelled at him he. Said calm down as he reached a little too far to grab the buck vanguard. He grabs the blade, dislodges it and it lands point firts right between his big toe and second toe. He Bled all of about 2 hours. Then had the gut to yell at me for having such sharp knives.

Its reasons like this that NOONE except me will be using my zt 560 unless they can tell me EVERY spec of the knife(so I can tell if they are a knife knut and know how to use a knife right)

I bought a Benchmade auto circa 97-98 and had it a day or so when we went to a neighborhood BBQ. A friend wanted to see it, I explained to him to push the button and the blade would come out fast. I assumed that he would hold on to the knife also. Hmmm, no. He pushes the button, blade comes out and he drops the knife like the eunuch that he is and makes a ( thankfully) very small chip in the blade when it lands. I blame me for being duped into showing someone something as so complicated and difficult to operate as an auto knife. At least it didn't land tip down, for sure it wouldve knocked the point right off. With some sharpmaker work, the chip in the blade is so small it has to be pointed out. Lesson: dont assume anyone, regardless of education, knows how to handle a knife. explain everything.
    John

Home of the WNIT Champions- U of Toledo, OH
    Go kick his ass. Now.

Well now I have told two stories of stupid things my friend has done with my knives (same guy in both stories) so I guess it is my turn. Well yesterday with another friend (SidC) I got bored so I decided to draw my Emerson from my pocket and wave it open and when I did somehow it didn't open all the was and I moved and it stabbed through my jeans and into my leg about a quarter inch and when I got home the were some spots of blood on my pants.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information