Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bencmade rift limited

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JNewell View Post
    Since the OP is in Sweden, odds would be in favor of a -901 rather than the -801/-1001 hybrid.
    Good call JNewell.
    I would have to agree, I missed the OP's location.
    In fact if you look up images of both models there are subtle differences in the location of the "Limited Edition XX of XX".
    On the 1001 this marking is located closer to the tip of the knife, on the 901 it's located closer to the handle.
    But, the difference is relative. You would need to have a visual of both models to really see the difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyman View Post
    Good call JNewell.
    I would have to agree, I missed the OP's location.
    In fact if you look up images of both models there are subtle differences in the location of the "Limited Edition XX of XX".
    On the 1001 this marking is located closer to the tip of the knife, on the 901 it's located closer to the handle.
    But, the difference is relative. You would need to have a visual of both models to really see the difference between the two.
    I have a -1001. I'll post a link to some pics of the blade. Alternatively, the site with the pic of the -901 above probably also has pics of a -1001.

Here's some pics of the -1001 blade if anyone wants to compare.

And just for kicks, here are the component knives for the hybrid above:

JNewell you have quite of a collection of 950 Rifts.

After i seen all the text and photos i'm almost sure it's 950-901. Thank's all of you. So maybe this is a special BM then and a good catch

Quote Originally Posted by kimmolilja View Post
    After i seen all the text and photos i'm almost sure it's 950-901. Thank's all of you. So maybe this is a special BM then and a good catch
    It would be a good catch regardless - what is not to like *a lot* about carbon fiber and CPM-M4??? I assume it came to you with no box?

The run of 50 LE's with the M4 blade was an exclusive from Knifeworks, correct? I bought one for my son, but now I cannot remember the handle material. Is what the question here is about? Sometimes my head hurts and even the simple slides right by me.

Quote Originally Posted by cutter17 View Post
    The run of 50 LE's with the M4 blade was an exclusive from Knifeworks, correct? I bought one for my son, but now I cannot remember the handle material. Is what the question here is about? Sometimes my head hurts and even the simple slides right by me.
    That one was the 950-1001. G10 scales. CPM-M4 blade.

I have not the box for the knife :-(
    Last night I flipped a little with the knife and must say how perfect verything is . Knife is in new condition and feels great in hand also. I like it more and more but still I dont dare to have it as a user.:-)
    Must buy me a cheaper BM to have as a user. Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by kimmolilja View Post
    I have not the box for the knife :-(
    Last night I flipped a little with the knife and must say how perfect verything is . Knife is in new condition and feels great in hand also. I like it more and more but still I dont dare to have it as a user.:-)
    Must buy me a cheaper BM to have as a user. Any tips?
    If you really like the model, you could always get the regular production version Rift, black or black/grey G10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information