Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kershaw Diskin Fixed Blade.

ADVERTISEMENT
    ...and at this time I'll be taking a super extra long hiatus from the forums...
    Last edited by Thomas W; 07-07-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Creaky Bones, not at all what I was getting out of this thread. I think Thomas asked a legit question which didn't really get answered until he asked a second time. No one really just came out and said there's nothing wrong with the production grind, but it doesn't match the grind I thought I was getting and that is the problem.

More sour grapes. To make up for one lost customer I'll by two Cryo's and probably two Cryo II's. Sales disaster averted.

I sure didn't intend to hurt anyone's feelings or to criticize. I just wanted the OP, who was excited about the appearance of the knife, to not be surprised. I have had no issues with the 12 Kershaws I own, and I have no use for whiners.

Thomas, your enthusiasm and helpfulness make this forum what it is. Kershaw has been such a stand-up company in the past, we have all been spoiled. We want continued success for you and the company, because that puts more outstanding product within reach.

You don't need a claque. You can handle the truth, and so can we.

I don't post a lot but read a lot of the Kershaw forum. Kershaw as a company is one of my favorites, from design to customer service and everything in between they are quality and from what I have seen of Thomas, he is a stand-up guy. Come on, Thomas, don't disappear. The reason I read this forum is to read your posts mostly. I was ever so disappointed when you were not going to announce upcoming releases, but I understand.

Thomas, seems you have had a bad day or something. I know it gets tiring of having to account for every little thing but, hey, it happens ... it's customer relations. So, just shrug your shoulders and pass it off. No big deal. I'd hate to see you not show up because of this. I am sure the guy was in support of Kershaw but wanted the cool grind lines in the mock-up, which by the way are really cool. BUT, the Diskin is just fine the way it is and just as cool, especially given the price. You and Kershaw do such a great job that the expectations are always high! See it as more of a compliment than a criticism.

I apologize if this is inappropriate to say. I would have emailed you but could not find an email address for you. I wanted to express support and see if I could woo you back. Come on back ... unless the hiatus was preplanned and unrelated, in that case, enjoy the time!

Jeff

I'm sorry for your experience and I understand how you feel, seems like a simple mistake with the images, but when you are buying a product based on those images that's what you expect to get, not something different, no matter how small or insignificant, its not ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Creaky Bones View Post
    After carefully considering the Kershaw representative responses both here and at the Kershaw facebook page, I have decided to return my Diskin hunter. Kershaw has a loyal following, which is understandable. They make a quality product. I have enjoyed my other Kershaw knives and will continue to do so, but at no point in time have any of the Kershaw responses been "we're sorry. A mistake was made. Is there anything we can do to make this right?" instead the response has been to not address the customer's concerns, but rather a more confrontational "is there a problem with the grind?". While I don't believe this represents the companies overall customer service approach, this specific case left a sour taste.

BTW, I don't disagree, it is frustrating to buy something and not have it match the pictures you used to make the decision.

The real issue in this thread is all the beating around the bush, and references to what other people have said, before someone who actually had the knife stated their opinion.

1. I would like to say I intended no offense in my original post as well as subsequent ones, though I believe my statements and questions were valid. I would like to thank both RTFact and Thomas for taking an interest and responding.
    2. I doubt Thomas is directly responsible for any of this snafu. So I urge you (Thomas) to not vanish.
    3. Its not a very big snafu. Kershaw has indeed spoiled me with the value and quality of their blades and in the time I have spent on this forum I have seen members bring up far worse screw ups by manufacturers of similar standing. I don't particularly care about them because I am partial to Kershaw because intentionally or not they manage to make really god knives available to me at attractive prices.

Having said this, I have to re-state that putting a marketing asset out that does not match the product is an issue that needs to be dealt with. I still like the blade and will probably order it as soon as I have saved up some spare cash.

In the end the fault lies with the online sellers that used the original concept/prototype picture with the high grind, and not an actual photo of the knife how it was produced.

well since that same incorrect picture is on kershaws website its tough to blame the dealers, they are using the picture provided by kershaw.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Creaky Bones View Post
    After carefully considering the Kershaw representative responses both here and at the Kershaw facebook page, I have decided to return my Diskin hunter. Kershaw has a loyal following, which is understandable. They make a quality product. I have enjoyed my other Kershaw knives and will continue to do so, but at no point in time have any of the Kershaw responses been "we're sorry. A mistake was made. Is there anything we can do to make this right?" instead the response has been to not address the customer's concerns, but rather a more confrontational "is there a problem with the grind?". While I don't believe this represents the companies overall customer service approach, this specific case left a sour taste.
    You know, they aren't going to change a grind after the blade has been put into production just because 1 customer is disappointed. It is a production knife, not a custom blade and therefore the company has to please most of it's customers. It is the reason you pay A LOT LESS for a production knife rather than a custom, cause you don't get to pick every feature that you want. You should be lucky that they asked if they could make it right. A lot of companies wouldn't even write you back and MOST don't even have a CEO responding back on the forums and directly interacting with the customers.

They were asking if the grind had issues because that is a direct quality issue. What more could you want? An offer for trying to make it right plus them digging to try to see if they could remedy the situation so that it doesn't happen again.

Too many people are pissy about thing and I get tired of reading it. Appreciate that Kershaw actually interacts with their customers and asks questions, 'cause most companies don't!

where did anyone offer to "make it right"? Nobody asked for anything from kershaw other than to get the pictures to accurately reflect the product. Nobody asked for an exchange/refund.

the way I read it, all they wanted was someone from kershaw to acknowledge that there was an issue with the picture. That was clearly the issue from the start, no one even hinted at a quality problem with the production grind, it just wasn't as advertised.

expecting to get the item you ordered as advertised is not being too picky.

13. No it isn't, but read the quote in my post. This is what a poster was saying. Of course you should get the knife you expect to see. However, there are a TON of new knives I am interested in, like the Piston or Knockout and I only notice that there are concept and prototype pictures out. Kershaw should have the updated pic, but at the same time, where is the level of service of companies to please their customers? What I mean is, the company in question could have also put up other pictures or made some claim to Kershaw and on their site if they got complaints from customers. Seems like this is the first KAI has heard of it and I don't think pictures are their primary focus.

We've seen many valid points in this thread, and I think it's because we all want folks to be happy about the Kershaw knives they purchase.

Now, however, we are edging into the dreaded bickering zone, which detracts from the topic and creates more heat than light.

Can we wrap this up and concentrate on expanding our knowledge base in other threads? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RTfact View Post
    We've seen many valid points in this thread, and I think it's because we all want folks to be happy about the Kershaw knives they purchase.

Now, however, we are edging into the dreaded bickering zone, which detracts from the topic and creates more heat than light.

Can we wrap this up and concentrate on expanding our knowledge base in other threads? Thank you.
    For the love of the Net, please! As the OP I consider this thread closed and hereby perform its last rites.
    Thank you RTfact

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information