Thread: Red Alox

Red Alox

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hello this is my first time posting on this forum and the first Vic i've ever owned. The pic i have is from the orginal owners sale thread and i hope he does'nt mind my using it. What i'm wondering is what model this is i'm thinking a Alox Farmer but i don't know much about Vic's just yet other than it seems to be very well made.
    Also is there any way to tell the age because the ad said vintage Alox. The only thing i can tell you is it has brass liners and has five blades. It looks like a big main blade an awl, flat blade screw driver, saw blade, and i'm not sure what the other blade is. Looks like maybe a small screw driver on the tip with another bottle opener and sharpened on the side of it. Well thanks and i wish i had more detailed pics for you guys.

Doug

Yes, this is Farmer model, which was produced in red scales with silver cross until year 2000, after which Victorinox switched to the silver scales with red shield. I am not exactly sure at which point the brass liners were replaced with nickel silver, but my guess would be in the mid-90s. The blades were marked "Elinox" until mid-70s, so yours would be from somewheere between then and mid-90s.
    The Farmer in general, and the "old-cross" version in particular is an excellent SAk and one of my favourite EDC models.

Quote Originally Posted by ufox9al View Post
    Yes, this is Farmer model, which was produced in red scales with silver cross until year 2000, after which Victorinox switched to the silver scales with red shield. I am not exactly sure at which point the brass liners were replaced with nickel silver, but my guess would be in the mid-90s. The blades were marked "Elinox" until mid-70s, so yours would be from somewheere between then and mid-90s.
    The Farmer in general, and the "old-cross" version in particular is an excellent SAk and one of my favourite EDC models.
    Thank you Alexei, i think your right about the mid-90's there seems to be writing on the main big blade only. At any rate i really like it and its a very nice Edc as you mentioned and i may have to pick up another one or two. Maybe something a little smaller or a keyring model.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by d762nato View Post
    Thank you Alexei, i think your right about the mid-90's there seems to be writing on the main big blade only. At any rate i really like it and its a very nice Edc as you mentioned and i may have to pick up another one or two. Maybe something a little smaller or a keyring model.

Doug
    If you're looking for smaller models, the alox Cadet is a great EDC choice and you can get Ramblers (keychain SAKs) in alox as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBill5953 View Post
    If you're looking for smaller models, the alox Cadet is a great EDC choice and you can get Ramblers (keychain SAKs) in alox as well.
    Bill the Cadet looks like one i'll have to pick up along with a keychain Sak good choice and Thanks for the imfo.

Doug

If you like the Farmer tool set, but looking for an 84mm size, Cadet Plus may fit the bill:

Thats a good looking knife/tool also. I've found out one thing with Sak's there are quite a few to choose from.
    Thanks for the pic and suggestions this may take a while.

Doug

Cadet plus? going to have to look that up, thanks.

OP, as has been said, that's Farmer for sure,

this is a vicoriox version
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives 72

JK Iris Knife Passaround

Oh man I want one of those cadet plus'!! I carry a cadet that I got years ago and always think about how I wish it had a lanyard ring and a saw and now boom here it is! Where does one find a cadet plus? and whats it going to run me?
    Thanks
    Brian

please use the contact from on my swissbianco website - thanks!

doug,i sent you an email.
    jd

Thread Information