Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Only 1 EDC for the rest of your life?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by xperiaarcs View Post
    whats a smatchet?
    Oh god. I pray this doesn't turn into a SMATCHET thread.

As for my EDC, I haven't found one that I like enough for it to be my only one. Probably something by BHK or BRKT

For me edc is usually 3 inches, and I just got my sage 2 today so... But if I can every afford a small sebenza with micarta that could change.. And that Dozier folder looked pretty good. One knife? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Zookie View Post
    Les George VECP

Me too!

lionsteel sr1 all day atleast for me it would be

I could do with a Sebenza, Les George VECP, Umnumzaan, or pretty much any of those. If I had to choose a knife I currently own, I'd probably go with my Large Micarta Insingo Sebenza. Definitely Micarta if I went Sebenza. I have a TILT in the mail right now, though, so depending on what I think of that knife I could change my answer. Because in this scenario, I wouldn't mind actually USING a TILT instead of just babying it, which is probably what I'll do with mine.

Also, the ZT 0560, Hinderer's, and Strider SNG/SMF's aren't the greatest slicers and EDC's in general (unless your EDC requires a lot of hard use), not that they're bad, but they're definitely knives that would last a lifetime. Then again, so are CRK's.

P2 or Military
    Wannabe Rookie Bladesmith

A Busse GW like the one in my avatar photo.

Some great choices here on this thread, but if I had to choose 1 knife that I OWN it would be my Hogue EX01 in aluminum. I would have complete confidence in that knife for the long haul..

Spyderco Paramillitary II in M390 has my vote

Some sort of multi blade tradtional I think...and I have not owned one of those for about 20 yrs, so not sure which one.

Ritter grip in m4 with wilkins scales until the Izula folder comes out then it will be that.

I could make do with an Emerson A-100.

Smile So Hard!

I would have to pick one of about 4 different knives! My Alan Davis custom framelock, Andrew Demko Custom AD 10, Rick Hinderer XM18, or my STR custom framelock. I would really hate to have to pick because all are awesome. I carry the Alan Davis framelock now along with 2 other Alan Davis folders that I pocket carry. One is a custom flipper he did for me and the other is a lockback that I talked him out of with a little help from his son I understand. THANKS! Kevin

I'd sell as many knives as I can and get the ZT0560

Leatherman Charge TTi simply because it is so useful. I have one with a 154CM blade and it is easy to sharpen and holds a good edge.It was a pressie from my wife and took 4 years of reasonable abuse without any damage before putting it into retirement apart from snapping the removable spectacle screwdriver bit by using it as a lever.
    If it has to be a blade only then my Spyderco UKPK S30V is the only legal EDC I own otherwise it would be the Spyderco Native 5 for day to day stuff or Cold Steel Gurkha Kukri in SK5 for the great outdoors or then again maybe my SK5 SOG Tigershark or Wilkinson Sword Dartmoor.
    I don't have a large collection any more after selling the knives I didn't use and I would find it hard to choose just one to keep but the Multi tool has so many uses in my daily life for work and hobbies that it wins hands down. In the UK it is easier to justify carrying a locking blade as part of a pocket toolbox than a locking folder or fixed blade.
    I have just bought a Victorinox Swisstool X because it has stronger pliers than my Leatherman Wave and the blade is not as obvious, plus the lock on the blade looks like it can be disabled with a Dremmel type tool if you want to. I am going to give it a good workout to see if it is worthy of my small but loved collection of 3 Multi tools, 1 SAK, 1 Parong, 1 Axe, 3 Folders, 7 Sanrenmu A123's (best keyring knife for the money) and 6 fixed blade knives.

Paul
    Last edited by paul68; 07-06-2012 at 04:59 PM.

ZT 560 hands down!

Endura

Quote Originally Posted by timbit View Post
    Oh god. I pray this doesn't turn into a SMATCHET thread.
    Never...

Clax (basically a Smatchet), or Umnumzaan...either would work.
    Buy my book! Amazon: Kindle: Barnes and Noble:

I have no dinosaur in this orgy.

EDC right, so no swords?

Rodent Solution (RS)

mumbo solutions by mumbojumboo, on Flickr

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information