Thread: Were has all the Schrade 106OT knives hiding?

Were has all the Schrade 106OT knives hiding?

ADVERTISEMENT
    What ever happend to all the 106OT knives? I need one to finish off my 1991 Old Timer / Uncle Henry Display.
    Any information were I may be able to find one, would help... Ken
    Last edited by koldgold; 07-06-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Tryed to change the heading.

Quote Originally Posted by koldgold View Post
    What ever happend to all the 106OT knives? I need one to finish off my 1991 Old Timer / Uncle Henry Display.
    Any information were I may be able to find one, would help... Ken
    Keep looking. They were only made from 1990 to 1994 so they are not real common.

My first "rareness" check is always ebay completed listings. It shows one sold last April and two in May. None in June, so they are out there but you will basically have to check every day to find one at a one-a-month frequency.

Remember to check "Schrade 1060T" (Schrade one zero six zero tee) as well when searching. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Hi Dave, I found one of those "1060T" on eBay - silly me I was looking for a 106OT.
    I often foeget some of us (like me) can not see the numbers stamped on the blades. I often see the "1940T" for-sale on eBay too.
    Thanks for the advice... Ken

Quote Originally Posted by koldgold View Post
    Hi Dave, I found one of those "1060T" on eBay - silly me I was looking for a 106OT.
    I often foeget some of us (like me) can not see the numbers stamped on the blades. I often see the "1940T" for-sale on eBay too.
    Thanks for the advice... Ken
    No problem Ken.

Hi Roland, I found one on AAPN. That one on eBay sold for quie a high price... Ken

"That one on eBay sold for quie a high price" But they are hard to find and not a lot were made, so $54 seems reasonable to me for an unused example.

$54 seems very fair, especially considering the condition. Can't recall off the top of my head, but I may have bid close to $100 for my NIB example.

That, and a few recent purchases, makes me wonder if the Old Timer market isn't cooling a bit.

Bob, i think there usually is a slowing during the summer months. Overall Schrade USA knives are fetching much better prices than 2 years ago and i think prices will likely continue to increase when viewed year by year. At times now, some relatively common Schrades get close to original Remington prices.
    That said, there are still great deals to be had as some always slip under the radar.
    roland

You have a point regarding the summer. Knife collecting is more of a winter hobby for me as well.

Whatever the reason, I'm thankful. My collection has grown quite a bit lately thanks to outstanding and unused Old Timers selling in the $20-$50 range, even for older knives or unusual variations.

Thread Information