Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Safe Queens

Safe Queens

ADVERTISEMENT
    I don't know bout y'all but lately I have been buying two BK&T's at a time so that I have one to keep factory and clean and one to use and abuse, but to be honest I feel kinda guilty leaving the others in the safe. It just doesn't feel right! I sware I can almoste hear them screaming for dirt time. Idk maybe I'm just crazy,I know my wife thinks I am lol

I think a used becker is a pretty thing! These blades deserve to be used!

I don't have any safe queen Beckers but I probably would buy doubles like you have if I had the extra coin. It just means you need to beat on the user ones twice as hard.

I use my knives, that's what they were made for!! I have a friend that buys two like you described, but I would rather just buy a single better knife and use it.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    -Sigmund Freud

Beckers anit't Busses!!!!!..Use them and beat the hell out of em. A well worn Becker is a thing of beauty. It's not a safe queen
    Cheers
    Balding
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.”
    ― Douglas Adams, Mostly Harmless

BH # 247 NRA Benefactor Member

I didn't have any BK&T safe queens either, until the FPR BK15,16,17 came out. I bought a set of 3, in hopes to have them signed someday, in person by the man himself & the person who helped bring them to reality. I plan on making a special presentation box & gifting them to my outdoors girl, my daughter. I thought/think that would be cool, if i could bring that to reality & gift them to her. Wait: i also have an Ontario Ranger RD6 Signature Series that i have not used yet. #9 of 118. That may change someday, idk.

But all my other knives are users ! This thread needs some pics of the safe queens !

Whats a safe queen.

I bought the FPR16 with the intent of keeping it pristine. That lasted a couple days and then I stripped it LOL

I buy 'em to use, same with guns...I won't own a gun that I don't shoot.

I use all my knives, I'll grind and sand them into my own thing but I still use them...I wont buy any knifes that I wont use.

Quote Originally Posted by trailbum View Post
    Whats a safe queen.
    My thoughts exactly. If I buy it, I use it.

I ended up with an extra, almost unused BK9 in a package deal that is just screaming at me to sell or trade it. Either that or keep it and grind my used BK9 down to an 8 inch drop point.

I don't like collecting knives. It's too easy for that habit to get out of hand and every time I pick up a few that I don't end up using, I feel to the urge to sell them or trade 'em for something I will use.

Quote Originally Posted by trailbum View Post
    Whats a safe queen.
    A cross dressing baseball player who slides into home base for the winning run?
    Thanks for the chance Trailbum!

Don't find fault, find a remedy.

Ok good! You guys are with me. By the way since I posted this thread I have already striped one of my bk9's and did some choping. I gues I just want to make sure my son gets to enjoy them but.....come on we are talking about Beckers! My great great grand kids will enjoy these knives.

Don't get me wrong I'm no bk&t rookie I just couldn't fight the itch to use them all and wonderd how you guys felt about it.

I fully understand your postion regarding safe queens, but consider this:

When I purchase a knife that I thoroughly enjoy, I tend to purchase a second one (which becomes a safe queen).

This strategy has provided the following advantages and opportunities:
    1) Provides a back-up in the event of loss or irrepairable damage;
    2) You can sell it later, presumably for more than you paid;
    3) You can keep it as part of your collection - (appreciating asset or object of envy)

Two examples follow:
    1) I purchased a ZT 0500 MUDD knife as a user and almost immediately bought another one, in case they were discontinued (didn't have to wait long for that to materialize). I paid $180 for each of them. Tonight, I went on fleabay and noticed that the only ZT 0500 that has been available for months is up for grabs at $360.00... UPDATE: the auction
    just closed a few minutes ago and the knife sold for $462.00!

2) I purchased an Emerson HD-7 serrated user, and shortly therafter, an Emerson HD-7 plain edge (safe queen). Just try to find ANY HD-7 anywhere for sale now...

Further proof, if any is needed, that a safe queen can also function as an insurance policy / investment...

Greg
    Last edited by gregery s; 07-07-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Exactly!

Blog Entries
    All mine are users! There are only two that I haven't used, and that's because I'm saving those for my son. A le bk10 and a first run bk16. I have users of both those in case you're wondering.

I lost so much sleep wondering lol

ethan has safe queens. ponder THAT one
    Bladite

'''Has full plans for zombie apocalypse, no idea what he's doing TUESDAY'''

Becker Forum. PSSSSST, hey buddy, wanna read the List of Lists? or the Becker forum Rules/FAQ?
    Perhaps check out the Becker Blade Database? Lots and LOTS of often asked for information yonder

Quote Originally Posted by Bladite View Post
    ethan has safe queens. ponder THAT one

Nuff said !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information