Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: The Snarking Dead Season 3 Chat Thread

ADVERTISEMENT
    Groundhog is not bad at all. Parboiled then smoked like BBQ. A little greasy but so am I.
    Beckerhead 65

If you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough. Just an observation

sounds good to me.
    RP #434 BH #57
    Proud supporter of JK Handmade Knives #61; TM Hunt; Terrio Handmade Knives #458 in RyanW's 2014 GAW

I know I am in the minority, but I cannot stand jimping. I want to remove it from my bk-16, but they are so deep that it would change the whole look of my knife. Has anyone successfully removed that damable jimping and came away with a decent looking knife?

Quote Originally Posted by Eero View Post
    bkoregon: I would not think all is lost, you or somebody on the forums will be able to make something quite "killer" out of that 9. Props for the attempt though.
    I needed a project besides finding another knife to buy so I'm looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonfalcon07 View Post
    Anyone have any contact info for Clich? AFAIK, he still has a knife I sent him for some of his clich art, which he decided he wasn't going to do after a couple months of waiting. And it's for a customer, of sorts. So I need to know that he sent it back...
    Yeah, he's still got my BK1 from the pass around. I need to be getting ahold of him too.

Quote Originally Posted by OREGON FAL'ER View Post
    Yeah, he's still got my BK1 from the pass around. I need to be getting ahold of him too.
    He said he could be reached by email, and that he wasnt coming back to the forums. Email or snail mails probably the only way to get him unless someone knows his phone number

Quote Originally Posted by One Legged Josh View Post
    I know I am in the minority, but I cannot stand jimping. I want to remove it from my bk-16, but they are so deep that it would change the whole look of my knife. Has anyone successfully removed that damable jimping and came away with a decent looking knife?
    My God man, the horror of such a thought........

Beckerhead 65

Quote Originally Posted by Silverthorn View Post
    He said he could be reached by email, and that he wasnt coming back to the forums. Email or snail mails probably the only way to get him unless someone knows his phone number
    Yeah, I sent him an email.

Josh, you can buy JB weld in a tube like tooth paste, and you can get it in metallic silver.
    I think if you filled in the jimping with that, putting a little more on than you need, let it harden and then sanded or filed it smooth you would be good to go.
    Hard as metal and looks like metal, and bonds to metal very well. Its soft enough that it shouldn't shatter out too. My understanding is its somewhere around 52 Rockwell when cured.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverthorn View Post
    Josh, you can buy JB weld in a tube like tooth paste, and you can get it in metallic silver.
    I think if you filled in the jimping with that, putting a little more on than you need, let it harden and then sanded or filed it smooth you would be good to go.
    Hard as metal and looks like metal, and bonds to metal very well. Its soft enough that it shouldn't shatter out too. My understanding is its somewhere around 52 Rockwell when cured.
    That's just a hell of an idea Sil. I'll remember that.
    Beckerhead 65

Just got this in the mail today. I love the idea of no pumping or moving parts. I'll report in when I try it out.

One thing I've noticed about it already is it's light. I won't be able to throw it as far as my PUR Hiker.
    Last edited by tradewater; 07-14-2012 at 03:00 PM.
    Beckerhead 65

80 grit sandpaper. For your thumb, not the knife, you sick bastid!

My biscuit would love for you to join the Fans of Becker Knives Group and the Fans of Ka-Bar Knives Group.

"You gotta step out onto the fringe of fear, where all growth happens, and roll the dice. " - some Oregonian

Quote Originally Posted by bkoregon View Post
    I didn't completely mutilate it. Seems like a good excuse to get a belt sander.

I can definitely see that turning into a nice drop point. The shape of a 2 but almost the length of a 9. I think most of that will come out if you shorten it just a little. Most of the problems seem to be at the tip.

Cracker chicken.
    Cream corn.
    Butter beans.
    Chow-chow.
    Sliced tomato.
    Mint tea.

Happy to be alive.

My biscuit would love for you to join the Fans of Becker Knives Group and the Fans of Ka-Bar Knives Group.

"You gotta step out onto the fringe of fear, where all growth happens, and roll the dice. " - some Oregonian

Another thought RE the mutilated 9. That shouldn't be too hard to do a Haze mod, and get a full on clip point, unless my eyes deceive me.
    Beckerhead #149
    HTM/DDR Crew Member

Tax Season Sale! Khukuri, Camp knife, Large and Small Persians, all in the Exchange.

I forgot to post up about this... I had been wearing my 14 on a ball chain (the kind that is used for fan pulls) around my neck. It was driving my crazy though cause it was always clicking when I moved. So I gutted some paracord and ran the chain through that. It is GREAT! If you're looking for a secure way to carry your 11/4 I highly recommend this way. It's also nice cause you don't need to tie any knots. You just get one of those cheap clasps and it closes. Just make sure you heat the ends of the paracord after you gut it otherwise it will fray on you.

-Jared Karlin

Quote Originally Posted by Chameleonbear View Post
    I forgot to post up about this... I had been wearing my 14 on a ball chain (the kind that is used for fan pulls) around my neck. It was driving my crazy though cause it was always clicking when I moved. So I gutted some paracord and ran the chain through that. It is GREAT! If you're looking for a secure way to carry your 11/4 I highly recommend this way. It's also nice cause you don't need to tie any knots. You just get one of those cheap clasps and it closes. Just make sure you heat the ends of the paracord after you gut it otherwise it will fray on you.

Absolutely better than straight paracord without a snap. You want something that will break under enough pressure rather than strangle you.

What knife is that?!?

I need to get off of here for a couple months! My steel spending has been slightly out of control LOL!

I actually don't think getting off of here would make any difference. They know me BY NAME at GPKnives. They call me when they get something new in that they think I would like.

-Jared Karlin

that looks like a fiddleback karda.... mmmm....
    Beckerhead #int((2/3)*100)
    My knives, etc.: http://crosstownoutdoors.wordpress.com/
    "You have to admit it's a good looking heart attack." --Tradewater

I honestly can't stand wearing anything heavier then my Wohlwend Tinner around my neck. Even Todd's lil knife is a tad heavy for me with the G10 handle. If I carry a 11 or 14 size knife I use a cobra braided lanyard. Maybe I just have a sissy neck LOL

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread Information