View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of a special Becker forum scales?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes lets do this!

119 86.23%
  • Not intrested at all.

19 13.77%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Idea: Becker Forum Scales

ADVERTISEMENT
    I would be in for 3 sets, and have no problem prepaying as long as I have a lil bit of notice (like a week)

im down for a set or 2, those mock ups look awesome!

Something different:

Quote Originally Posted by The Warrior View Post
    Something different:

Thats pretty cool, and probably the most workable of them. I like it

In for a penny, in for a pound. I really like this idea. Of course, I like both O.D. and coyote... I hope that doesn't mean a set of each!

I'm down with micarta or G-10, too. I would prefer a small, understated logo and perhaps a tattoo of the model number as well. That might be prohibitive as far as manufacturing goes, but if KaBar does them, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

My $.02
    Addiction to steel isn't the worst thing that could happen, I suppose. I wish knife collecting was cheaper than some of those "worse" habits, though!

Something different:

Thats the stuff

Im not a fan of bow drill hole but i would most likely get it my BK-2

Same as above but giving the logo more of a "burnt" look:

Last edited by The Warrior; 07-08-2012 at 06:45 PM.

How about just you BH # on it?

Anyone interested in that?

Moose
    Rum, Sodomy, and the Lash.

Looks great! I like the idea of the bow drill hole-very cool, but has anyone actually used/ops tested a bow drill hole in Micarta? Any danger of the micarta being discolored/worn from the friction? I also like the coyote/tan color.

Why does the middle hole need to stay, again? I really liked the pix of the 2-hole version(sts).

Gen 27:3 Take your weapons, your quiver and your bow-and go out into the fields and hunt some wild game.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosez45 View Post

Moose
    Yes, I thought about that, but thought it would be a pain in the ass to have each one with a different number. Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Crewdawg View Post
    Looks great! I like the idea of the bow drill hole-very cool, but has anyone actually used/ops tested a bow drill hole in Micarta? Any danger of the micarta being discolored/worn from the friction? I also like the coyote/tan color.

Why does the middle hole need to stay, again? I really liked the pix of the 2-hole version(sts).
    Moose was saying it would be easier to work with existing micarta, instead of making new ones.

Maybe with special engravings I'll actually get some Micarta . The standard color works for me. Like others have said, its pretty easy to dye them different colors.

I'm also more of a fan of the basic engravings. I like what I see there warrior, but personally I might try some other fonts just to see if anything cool comes out of it.

And finally, laser engraving on things like this will give a noticably different texture on that portion of the handle, so do we want it right there? What if we did it on the top "flat" portion of the scales? With "Becker" on one, and "Head" on the other, so that when they were on the knife they would say.

"Becker"
    [Knife tang]
    "Head"

Something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by ocnLogan View Post
    What if we did it on the top "flat" portion of the scales? With "Becker" on one, and "Head" on the other, so that when they were on the knife they would say.

"Becker"
    [Knife tang]
    "Head"

Something like that?
    Mock it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosez45 View Post

Moose
    Wouldn't that be more of a custom job rather than a numered run and therefore much more expensive? Seems like the idea of a run of standard "Beckerhead" logo scales could be more easily sold to Ethan; extras could be run and stockpiled for future sales/givaways.

But then I do not YET have my BH#, so my vote may not count.

Gen 27:3 Take your weapons, your quiver and your bow-and go out into the fields and hunt some wild game.

Moose was saying it would be easier to work with existing micarta, instead of making new ones.
    Makes sense.

Tonight is Mrs. ocnLogans birthday, and there is no way that I can get away and mock that up right now...

Warrior, I'll try mocking up a few sets sometime tomorrow. I should be able to get around to it, just not at this exact moment (making dinner for her now ).

Quote Originally Posted by ocnLogan View Post
    Tonight is Mrs. ocnLogans birthday, and there is no way that I can get away and mock that up right now...

Warrior, I'll try mocking up a few sets sometime tomorrow. I should be able to get around to it, just not at this exact moment (making dinner for her now ).
    It's all good. The problem with doing different style fonts, is that no matter what you use, there's always someone that won't like it. That was a simple stencil type font I used, it's just too small to tell.

68 more votes to go..

Quote Originally Posted by DJG097 View Post
    What kind of A-hole quotes himself?

It's all good. The problem with doing different style fonts, is that no matter what you use, there's always someone that won't like it. That was a simple stencil type font I used, it's just too small to tell.
    True story, thats one of the reasons I was saying keeping it simple is a good idea . You'll get no argument from me. Just thought that once a basic design is "Finalized" we could make a few variations and then have everyone vote on it.

I kinda like the idea of the One on the top of the handle actually. I need to bust out my tape measure and figure what we've got to work with on the full size becker handles.

I like the idea of one on top too, but after I looked at some actual scales on my 9, there sure isn't much room there. It would be mighty small. I like Moose's idea really, just have our BH number on them. Makes it more personalized. But, if there were extras that just said Beckerhead, then the new Beckerheads would be able to get some too.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information