Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is my next Kershaw?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Quote Originally Posted by jimw451 View Post
    Salvo, Baby Boa (you only said Boa, so unsure if you have both), Cyclone, Rogue (super assisted haha). Didn't check on maufacturing origin on those, but they were the ones that came to mind first. When you say Blur, do you mean all the black handled, black bladed Blurs, or just the 1670BLK? I love having a collection goal and searching everything down. Good luck and have fun! Don't forget to post pics when you get a minute!
    Bumping this to say, I finally found the black Baby Boa (with the help of a friend). Thanks for the knife tip. I didn't know they made an all black. It will go with my Boa very nicely. Just one issue... It's on fleabay, and I don't have a PayPal account. [Facepalm slap] I'm a little angry about it.

And here is that pic. I'm adding a Needs Work 1820BLK to the group this week too.

Last edited by CLICKBANGBANG; 09-02-2012 at 07:22 PM.

i've got a black on black model coming in the mail on tuesday that i have never seen before. will try to remember to post pics in here.

Quote Originally Posted by solidorange View Post
    i've got a black on black model coming in the mail on tuesday that i have never seen before. will try to remember to post pics in here.
    Now you're just teasing me!

I'm getting some custom black G10 scales for my new Needs Work 1820BLK. Cool thing is it will still have the assist. The guy does orange G10 as well. It looks like he has templates for quite a few Kershaws and ZTs. If you're looking for orange scales, I'll shoot you his info (if you don't already had it).

Quote Originally Posted by CLICKBANGBANG View Post
    Now you're just teasing me!

I'm getting some custom black G10 scales for my new Needs Work 1820BLK. Cool thing is it will still have the assist. The guy does orange G10 as well. It looks like he has templates for quite a few Kershaws and ZTs. If you're looking for orange scales, I'll shoot you his info (if you don't already had it).
    Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by solidorange View Post
    Yes please.
    You haz mail.

You haz mail.
    thanks!

also, my newest addition, as promised:

never seen an all black JYD before, so of course i had to jump on the chance to own it.

Oh man! That looks great! I just slapped a ham to those pics Orange. I learned they made an all black JYD last week. I think I found a sorce for them. I'm still needing to contact them to confirm. But the serrades don't fit me. So when I get it in, I'm going to grind them out and turn the blade shape to a recurve Spec Bump type blade. That's the plan anyway.

Oh man! That looks great! I just slapped a ham to those pics Orange. I learned they made an all black JYD last week. I think I found a sorce for them. I'm still needing to contact them to confirm. But the serrades don't fit me. So when I get it in, I'm going to grind them out and turn the blade shape to a recurve Spec Bump type blade. That's the plan anyway.
    I don't really dig the serrations either, but I will let you be the guinea pig on the regrind. I would love to see pics when you get it done! This is my first time handling a JYD and I now understand what all the fuss is about. It is one of the smoothest opening knives I own, and the ergos are great. If only it didn't have that awful looking mall-ninja pocket clip. The weird thing about the all black model is that even when you search the model number (1725BLKST) most of the results have a non-coated blade. I would love to know the back story on the all black version.

Man nice find! I absolutely hate their pocket clips tho. I still want one

Dang you im having enough trouble with the Blurs and you go and show me that black on black. would look great with these

Come on Orange! You just need some inspiration. Like this. From here.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...nkYard-Dog-mod

Come on Orange! You just need some inspiration. Like this. From here.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...nkYard-Dog-mod

That looks so much better... but I am no Tom Krein.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information