Thread: Traveling knife

Traveling knife

ADVERTISEMENT
    What would be your pick for a traveling edc knife?

post a pic of your traveling edc

mine is spyderco delica wave

Tinker plus Delica for 3" law jurisdictions.

Mostly I would just carry the regular EDCs I carry unless some outdated/over protective/restrictive/retarded law had to be adhered to.
    Also cost of the blade may factor in as I (in my own mind) think it you have a better chance of finding your lost EDC in your own backyard then some foreign landscape in which your time/means to look for it may be less existent. (say drop you knife in the cottage lake fishing....may find it with a lucky dive. deep sea fishing? not so much.)
    so one I'm not afraid to possibly lose would be a plus.

Alox Victorinox Cadet...

If I'm flying someplace, I just mail a SAK ahead for when I get there. I hate checking bags and travel light.

If I'm driving, I just carry my normal edc stuff.

My Axis Mouse

I do a fair bit of traveling, most of it is inside my country. I organize all of my wrestling team's trips, and my mates expect me to be the one to sort out any problem that arises. So I tend to carry a lot of extra stuff (from a large FAK to extra singlets and everybody's favourite snacks).

This is what I carried in the knife & tool department on our last two trips (by bus). I keep the two folders and SAK in my pockets, the rest of the stuff stays in my daypack until needed. The specific knives and tools change often.

DSC00291.JPG

DSC00292.JPG

My travel EDC is a cheaper one. I'd love to lug around my Sebenza or Vecp but I'm too paranoid about my baggage getting lost or misplaced since I fly to everywhere I go for work.

I usually bring my Spyderco Delica, and Kershaw Salvo. Also I like to bring my cheapie Chinese knives like the Enlan el01 and such.

I'm on New Orleans today and driving to Mississippi on a few hours so here's my EDC today.

If there is any question about the knife laws where I am going I will carry a Leatherman of some sort. I have a few small folders that I used to be able to carry on airplanes but not in the last 11 years of course. For travel out west I usually carry one of my normal EDC's.

For me, nothing beats the utility of a multitool, and the Vic Spirit X is my favorite. When paired with a folder or small fixed blade, I'm all set. Yesterday a got a CRKT Folts Minimalist wharncliffe, which is a great edc.

I'd probably go with a UKPK, it's legal in most countries.

When I fly, and check a bag, I bury a SAK at the bottom of my shaving kit.

Take my BM 14205 or 520 when I go to knife friendly countries and my Victorinox Mauser when going to non knife friendly lands.

I carry a Spyderco Ladybug since it's only got a 2" or so blade on it. Adheres to 99% of US blade laws and with the ZDP-189 it'll stay working sharp till the end of time.

Spyderco Meerkat, small blade nice sized handle

Vic SAK of some sort. Inexpensive, useful as all get-out, and replaceable.

My biscuit would love for you to join the Fans of Becker Knives Group and the Fans of Ka-Bar Knives Group.

"You gotta step out onto the fringe of fear, where all growth happens, and roll the dice. " - some Oregonian

Victorinox Alox Cadet and sometimes a Spyderco Persistence paired with the Cadet.

Kiwi...

Thread Information