A moment of silence (finally)...the dead horse has become cognizant of his demise and succumbed.
I would not normally post, but you asked for it. Yes I have seen a mod throw his power around a bit or be arrogant about their mod status, and did not like it (not any of the ones you are dealing with), but it is very simple, you broke rules. Mistakes can be made and were on both sides so just drop it and enjoy your time on here instead of making it miserable for yourself and others.
Last edited by nccole; 07-13-2012 at 11:53 AM.
This guy is a joke. Initially he said that he wanted to "help" the forum, and sell the knives at face value. That would equate to about 60 dollars retail, he also indicated they were purchased retail. If so, it's unlikely they would carry an inflated price. Anyways, glad he's banned.
Lol that was great.
Remember how little respect you had for that cop character in*"Gangs of New York"
the chicken taxi was a real piece of work from the get go. Joined to use this site and whomever he could to profit.
When shown some graciousness and leniency he spat in our faces and threw tantrums because he couldnt get his way and do just as he pleased because we do have rules. Perhaps you should reserve your commentary until you've read more than this one thread.
I did read prior to comenting and have again since you made your incorrect comment that I hadn't. I hope im wrong but I'm I'm sure my asking you a few questions will be pointless and will only further contribute to my disappointment, but let's see what happens. Try your absolute hardest to give answers as if you are on a witness stand.
1. Can you admit that that no matter how much you believe it is true, it is MERELY YOUR OPINION that he joined this site for profit and you have no factual basis for this opinion?
2. Being that he purchased the appropriate membership in order gain the right to sell on the site. Can you admit that your opinion is irrelevant and not one that should be a factor as you preform within your responsibility as a moderator.
3. As a moderator is it your moral responsibility to preform your duties in service to the members of the forum?
4. What is the dictionary definition of "moderator" or to "moderate"? And do you believe you mod within that definition?
5. Is it true that you made strong opinions that the knives were probably Chinese and then later decided differently so much so that you allowed for the user to put the knives back up for sale.*
6. Based on #5 can you admit that your gut instinct are not currently as a tune as they should be in order to go off of them while making moderating decisions?
7. Can you give me the Internet definition of an auction. And is it true that that definition is not explicitly outlined in the rules on the site.
8. Can you admit that the user did include a price in his description even if it was not to veteran perfection?
9.isnt it true that the user did add a price of $200 within the first page of the thread.
10. Can you please copy and paste an example which illustrates him as you described running around doing as he pleased that was in flagrant violation of the rules.
11. Is it possible that your inaccurate opinions severely hurt the uses chance of selling his knives. And that you apologized to the user for the confusion?*
12. Based on #11 do you think you did enough for the user in order to help him achieve success with the sale. If so can you explain why he was only allowed to post in the Buck's for sale forum when his knives were production knives and should have been allowed to be posted in that form as well?
To the users of this forum if this is the last post you read from me I was banned without reason. Hopefully this will not be my last.
Knife abuser = the chicken taxi
This could not be any more obvious.
It's extremely bad manners to come into someone else's house and pee on the carpet.
Any issue, problem or complaint one has with a Mod should be addressed first with said Mod and then thru the "chain of command" PRIVATELY and never in an open forum.
Public challenge to authority is just wrong.........................
And he's banned. I don't know what's more pathetic: his arguments, or that he thought nobody would realize that he was merely the chicken taxi returning under a new persona.
This is funny, funny stuff......
One of the things we try to do as part of that service to the community is to keep the Exchange forums free of counterfeit goods. Being human, we're not perfect at that; I'm sure that counterfeits are sold here from-time-to-time. It's still caveat-emptor. But we do try.
The knife that you showed up with a stack of is a make/model that has been a victim of counterfeiting in the past. Not surprisingly, your pile of them raised a red flag. This is reasonable and understandable.
Instead of quietly withdrawing the knives and working off-line with the moderator to vet the knives, a process that might have delayed your sale by a few days but would have added to the value of the knives, you chose to take personal offense and to blow the matter up in public. Nobody likes that. And nobody benefits from it. It's not good for the community.
I believe strongly -- and view myself in the roll of -- moderator as used in a nuclear reactor. The moderator control rods are used to keep the reactor from getting out-of-control, from getting dangerously-hot. The goal of the operators is to insert the rods just exactly enough to keep the reactor operating at full power output while also being safe.4. What is the dictionary definition of "moderator" or to "moderate"? And do you believe you mod within that definition?
When the rods are inserted enough to stop the reaction, the slang for that is "poisoning the reactor." The moderator rods are described as "poison" to the reactor. I like the analogy. Overuse of moderators on an online discussion forum can be poison to the forum for sure. I've seen more than one forum brought to a cold stop by over-insertion of the moderator control rods.
Reactors generally have two sets of moderator rods. The first are called "control rods. These are inserted and removed by motors or other controls (pneumatic or hydraulic) and can be positioned precisely. These are used minute-to-minute to control the reactor.
The second set are called "emergency rods." They can be fully in or fully out. They drop in by gravity, so there is no position control. And they are sufficient to fully poison the reactor.
What you first experienced was a slight application of a control rod. When you responded poorly, that rod was moved down further. And when you headed toward meld-down, we had no choice but to drop the emergency rods.
I am one who always argues for minimalist moderation. And I think your case was handled pretty well.
All bannings here at bf.c are listed in a thread in the Service and Support section. You can read that and see that most bannings are spammers who come here promoting non-knife related schemes, returning trolls, and obvious troublemakers. It takes a lot to get banned here. Our moderators are very tolerant.
But two things are true: First, as Mr. Wolfmann points out, there is a right place to do so. First try to resolve the matter privately. Use e-mail or the private-message facility. If that doesn't work, then come here to the Service and Support forum. Arguing in-line is off-topic and not good for the discussion in the specific forums. And second, please do so respectfully. Please understand that some of our moderators sometimes take a lot of abuse and that can wear on a person. So, just ask your questions and make your points respectfully.
It's important to me that the moderation process here at bf.c be kept open and that it be subject to review.
he was fun to listen to!, he should be un-banned and only allowed to post in whine & cheese so we can have a laugh.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)