Thread: how many micarta versions of the spyderco dyad c39 were made

how many micarta versions of the spyderco dyad c39 were made

ADVERTISEMENT
    hey guys I have just perchased a spyderco dyad jr. with the micarta scales. the knife came brand new mint condition. I am hesitant on using it. I was wondering how rare and how many were produced? what do you guys think should I use it?
    thanks in advance

I don't know how many were made, but I've lost three of them. I stopped carrying my remaining one for that reason. They are very handy little knives with a lot of cutting ability in a small package.

Thumbs up A big fan of the Dyad models

You have the only Micarta handled C-39 Dyad Junior that they ever made to my knowledge. You are talking to probably 2 of the biggest Dyad fans Spyderco probably ever had. The guy that just chimed in before I did has been a fan of them as much as me ever since I've known him

I am more of a fan of the C-44 Dyad ( the full sized model). I've owned 12 of them according to my records and at one time I had 10 of then NIB in my footlocker.

I so much wish they would bring back the Micarta Dyad junior ( like the one you have) and the C-44 also. Even if they just did a Sprint Run of both of them they would sell out within a month without even trying. To me it is the very best outdoor and all purpose folder I've ever owned. I still use mine some and will probably be taking it on hunting trips with me this fall.

You really made good score getting the Micarta Dyad Junior. I haven't even seen one for sale in almost a year.

Out of curiousity, what's the steel in yours? Mine is ATS-55 and its box is identical to yours.

Mine have all been ATS-55 as well. And my C44 Dyad has fought off all contenders for my right front pocket for about five years now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Deacon View Post
    Out of curiousity, what's the steel in yours? Mine is ATS-55 and its box is identical to yours.
    Mine is ATS-55. I bought this knife to replace my Sebenza for edc. I had the frn sprint and used it for 2 days. The knife has a lot of cutting power. I wish they made these knives with a s90v steel. Also the blade the same length as the serrated. Maybe a texture to the micarta, carbon fiber would be cool. The knife is so far the most practical knife I ever owned. It would be nice with larger thumb holes. I think that if more people talk about this knife they will make more.

Thread Information