Thread: My little odd ball

My little odd ball

ADVERTISEMENT
    Everytime I think about selling this little odd ball I pull it back. The last of the Camillus knives. Slabs look like they were going to be Remington green. Shield is stamped Camillus but the blade is stamped Western.

It's a small Jack and I think I would like to carry it but I always think I'll sell it. Just thought I would share.

That's an interesting one, for sure.

Camillus actually owned the Western brand and trademarks, from around 1992 or later, according to a collecting guide I'm looking at.

Ya I know about that. I'm thinking this was them using up stock just to get it out the door. I really like Camillus knives. To bad they are gone. So what a ya think. Carry the little bugger?

Quote Originally Posted by Invoice View Post
    Ya I know about that. I'm thinking this was them using up stock just to get it out the door. I really like Camillus knives. To bad they are gone. So what a ya think. Carry the little bugger?
    That's exactly what crossed my mind. I wondered if Camillus did 'build-outs' (like Buck does), using spare parts laying around to make some unique patterns.

And yes, I'd carry that one. At least for a while. If it's like the Bucks that Camillus made under contract (440A steel), those ones take great edges and are very easy to maintain.

My understanding is that towards the very end as Camillus was going bankrupt, they threw together whatever parts they had in order to make knives so as to raise cash.
    Frank R

... Still looking for a vorpal blade.
    (op cit Lewis Carroll)

List of BF Dealer Members

cool little oddity. Shame Camillus is gone. They were the knifemaker's knifemaker in ways. They will be missed.

Agreed. I love Camillus knives.

Thread Information