Thread: The Native 5 Slipit

The Native 5 Slipit

ADVERTISEMENT
    What happened to it? The knife was pretty big news a year or two ago, on BritishBlades especially. (By "big news," I mean several hundred-page long threads.) I guess it's kinda been swallowed up in the midst of all of Spyderco's new releases. But even so, I'm still interested, and there's gotta be at least a few other people out there who are, too. Any word?

ETA: Here's what I'm talking about, for those who don't know: http://www.britishblades.com/forums/...53#post1579753
    Last edited by Dan57; 07-16-2012 at 08:42 AM.

I absolutely love my Native 5! It's a solid little tank of a knife that carries well in my pocket, cuts beautifully, locks-up solidly, and looks nice to boot. They are sold out in many places now, but I think Golden is trying to get some more out to consumers.

...Not to mention the fact that the pics on BritishBlades were of a prototype in Orange G10!

TedP
    My trusted companion - a Spyderco Solo, black micarta, diamond knot lanyard and Atwood Lanslide.

Spydie Fanatic #185

Quote Originally Posted by tvhaugen View Post
    I absolutely love my Native 5! It's a solid little tank of a knife that carries well in my pocket, cuts beautifully, locks-up solidly, and looks nice to boot. They are sold out in many places now, but I think Golden is trying to get some more out to consumers.
    Slipit, not Clipit! I can see how you got them mixed up, though. First post edited for clarity.

I'd grab one if they made it.. one of my favorite blade shapes and size.
    Wannabe Rookie Bladesmith

Oops...Thanks for the clarification. I would like to see one of those Orange Native 5's!

I'd rather have a Micarta one... It seems like it would be the perfect material for this kind of knife. Classy and people-friendly, but stil just as strong, and less expensive than, G10.

I hope they get this out for you folks in the UK and elsewhere locking knives are a problem. I've had my Native 5 for about six weeks and absolutely love it. It's my EDC work knife.

I've got my Native5 disassembled and am fabricating a set of orange G10 scales for it now. I'll post some WIP pics when it gets closer. It won't be a slipit, but it will fit in nicely with the rest of my orange G10 collection!

TedP

Hi Dan,

We finally solved the split spring warpage problem and I carried a proto for a while. It's still moving forward.

sal

Blog Entries
    The Natives are a great, classic series of the knife world.
    I always keep my Native 3 where I can grab it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Glesser View Post
    Hi Dan,

We finally solved the split spring warpage problem and I carried a proto for a while. It's still moving forward.

sal
    Thanks for the reply! I'm glad that you guys haven't forgotten about the knife. Is there ANY chance at all that it'll have Micarta handles? I'll get one either way, (duh ,) but I really do think that Micarta would be the perfect material for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick D. Fingerz View Post
    I hope they get this out for you folks in the UK and elsewhere locking knives are a problem. I've had my Native 5 for about six weeks and absolutely love it. It's my EDC work knife.
    I'm not actually from the UK, and locking knives are legal in my area, too. I just really like the idea of a slimmer, less expensive Native 5. And the absence of a lock doesn't bother me at all.

Hi Dan,

We probably won't use Micarta. It moves quite a bit with moisture and humidity. G-10 is far more stable.

sal

Thread Information