Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulling the trigger on a TGLB

ADVERTISEMENT
    Ha! Yeah thanks, I just looked up his thread...that's where I saw "dimples".

I'm thinking black micarta with that comp. finish with a black spec ops sheath....pure badass-ness right there!

I'm just curious to see how these "payments" work. I did try emailing Lexi and Pokey but I haven't heard back since I emailed them a few days ago. They are probably swamped with the ganza stuff.

-Emt1581

you can try calling the shop. That's what i usually do, but right now, you're right, chances are that they are totally swamped

I personally would go with black g10 as it doesn't absorb the various fluids that i regularly expose my knives to, but if you dig micarta, i think it'll look very cool with comp finish.

Quote Originally Posted by BePrepared View Post
    you can try calling the shop. That's what i usually do, but right now, you're right, chances are that they are totally swamped

I personally would go with black g10 as it doesn't absorb the various fluids that i regularly expose my knives to, but if you dig micarta, i think it'll look very cool with comp finish.
    A few things....

1) My DC CGBJ has black canvas and needs a friend.

2) I like grippy. G10 is way to uncomfy and slippery for my liking.

So G10 won't happen. I appreciate the suggestion though.

I'll give a call tomorrow.

-Emt1581

The whole reason I'm familiar with the TGLB is Daryl Dixon. Once I save up enough money and decide a production knife is worth $400 I'm getting mine in the same color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_K View Post
    The whole reason I'm familiar with the TGLB is Daryl Dixon. Once I save up enough money and decide a production knife is worth $400 I'm getting mine in the same color scheme.
    I think I actually saw it before I saw Daryl using it. But yeah...owning the same knife that is on that show AND it being the size it is AND it being the price it is AND being so versatile.... this is gonna be good!!!

-Emt1581

Competition finish!! Dang it if I knew I would have gotten it.... and infi is not really rust prone compared to a lot of other steels under normal conditions at all. But in the salt water, it will get a wee bit of color around the logo etching, and deep scratches if any, but that comes off with a tooth brush and soapy water, and mothers metal polish works even better if it was forgotten about for a day or a few weeks. So rust, nope. It cleans up well so don't freak if you ever see a mark. Its more like a stain.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident777 View Post
    Competition finish!! Dang it if I knew I would have gotten it.... and infi is not really rust prone compared to a lot of other steels under normal conditions at all. But in the salt water, it will get a wee bit of color around the logo etching, and deep scratches if any, but that comes off with a tooth brush and soapy water, and mothers metal polish works even better if it was forgotten about for a day or a few weeks. So rust, nope. It cleans up well so don't freak if you ever see a mark. Its more like a stain.
    I'm gathering from responses like yours in the first few lines there that this finish is really REALLY new. I think it's great for a user blade. No worrying about screwing up the coating or the satin, no extra cost, no retention of dirt/etc. in a coating....it's win win as far as I' concerned.

-Emt1581

Nope, it's not new at all... most of us just didn't think to ask the right questions.

I would bet that 50% of us asked if they would do a satin or double cut finish, but only a few of us were bright enough to think of a comp finish. It's not listed as an option, so it got overlooked.

Comp has been around for a long time, but i don't remember it ever looking as good as it does on that TGLB

Nope, it's not new at all... most of us just didn't think to ask the right questions.

I would bet that 50% of us asked if they would do a satin or double cut finish, but only a few of us were bright enough to think of a comp finish. It's not listed as an option, so it got overlooked.

Comp has been around for a long time, but i don't remember it ever looking as good as it does on that TGLB
    Oh ok. I was one of the ones that asked for DC to truely match my CGBJ. But this is an acceptable close second.

Like I said, too many pros to pass this one up. I just know I'd be kickin myself later. Ultimately I want a KZ, BWM, and most of all a SFNO...

But this will bee a great addition as well.

-Emt1581

Personally, i'm buying a TGLB so that i'll have something to beat absolutely to death. I don't think i'll be able to make myself ever really beat my Gladius up, and my MUK is more of a skinner than a general use knife, but this TGLB is going to experience trauma that would make the beckers in my collection cry in terror

Really? in what world is that one i posted black... isn't black a more... you know.. black, type color?

HaHa. Thats exactly what I think. It really makes no sense why they call it that.

Quote Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
    I'm gathering from responses like yours in the first few lines there that this finish is really REALLY new. I think it's great for a user blade. No worrying about screwing up the coating or the satin, no extra cost, no retention of dirt/etc. in a coating....it's win win as far as I' concerned.

-Emt1581

You sure the competition finish doesnt cost extra?

pretty sure, yep

Personally, i'm buying a TGLB so that i'll have something to beat absolutely to death. I don't think i'll be able to make myself ever really beat my Gladius up, and my MUK is more of a skinner than a general use knife, but this TGLB is going to experience trauma that would make the beckers in my collection cry in terror
    So you're spending $400 just to beat the crap out of it? Do you own a hockey mask and go by "Nos"?

That WOULD make for an interesting video or maybe pic series though.

-Emt1581

Quote Originally Posted by jeepin View Post
    You sure the competition finish doesnt cost extra?
    Yep, no extra cost. I ordered one last week.

essentially, yes, but i'm not doing "testing" with it... it's just going to be my "no limits" knife...

if i need to cut something open, pry something, chop something, or just about anything you might think of doing with a knife, that's what this TGLB will be used for.

It won't be a safe queen, it'll be my dirty abused wench on the side

It's not a new finish but I forgot to ask about it, I was just thrown off by all the lovely color combos. I actually planned on beating this thing so for that the coating is great. Love the tanker grey it's my first in this color. Love it. The double cut finish is unlike other "bead blast" finishes in that it hides everything (marks) really well. I am gonna have to order me one in competition finish now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Dead View Post
    Yep, no extra cost. I ordered one last week.

Really? in what world is that one i posted black... isn't black a more... you know.. black, type color?
    Talk less; listen more; gain knowledge.

Just pulled the trigger on a TGLB today. After much flip-floppin between color combinations, I ended up going with jungle green with black g10.
    Now comes the hard part.

yeah, i'm going slowly crazy waiting for mine. I hope to have at least ONE of my 4 on order in my hand by my birthday on the 29th, but there's no telling if that's gonna happen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information