Thread: Ka-Bar folding

Ka-Bar folding

ADVERTISEMENT
    Suggestions on a good folding EDC that i could buy and give to my friend?? Maybe $50 or under?
    I have a friend that is an Ex-Marine who is and he loves Ka-Bar knifes but does not have that many due to his financial situation. I just looked at the Ka-Bar site and they have a MULE but i do not know about it. Any other suggestions?

>>Sorry if this is a repetitive question, sure that it is. But Thank You for your time!<<
    I too will continue to browse the forum for answers.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...r-100-and-less
    Last edited by dslmac2; 07-17-2012 at 09:08 PM.

The KaBar Dozier series is smaller than the Mules, but they are great EDC folders that won't scare most people and will work very well. KaBar does a fine job with AUS8 steel. It gets extremely sharp pretty quickly. The F&F on the Dozier KaBars that I've handled has been excellent for a knife at that <$50 price point.
    Regards, Dale
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers 1879-1935
    ISEK #12

How about any of these?

$10 - $30
    Ontario*RAT 1
    $40 - $60
    Spyderco Endura
    Spyderco Resilience
    Benchmade HK Conspiracy
    Kershaw Junkyard Dog II
    Ka-Bar Dozier Bobcat

Quote Originally Posted by dalefuller View Post
    The KaBar Dozier series is smaller than the Mules, but they are great EDC folders that won't scare most people and will work very well. KaBar does a fine job with AUS8 steel. It gets extremely sharp pretty quickly. The F&F on the Dozier KaBars that I've handled has been excellent for a knife at that <$50 price point.
    The Notch or Hunter Dozier?

If you get a KaBar Mule, get one of the ones in AUS8 with FRN handles. Good strong knives. Runs about $45.
    (I don't recommend the ones with G10 handles and 3Cr13 blades that are available for about $25)

Another KaBar knife is the Large Dozier. Runs about $30 and has a 3 1/2" AUS8 blade. Recommended.

The regular KaBar Doziers may be smaller and lighter than what you are looking for. Good knives for the money, though. about $20.
    Frank R

... Still looking for a vorpal blade.
    (op cit Lewis Carroll)

List of BF Dealer Members

Don't forget the Phat Bob. That's a great little knife. Very very slicy, and comes with micarta scales.
    Beckerhead #149
    HTM/DDR Crew Member

Tax Season Sale! Khukuri, Camp knife, Large and Small Persians, all in the Exchange.

Quote Originally Posted by dslmac2 View Post
    The Notch or Hunter Dozier?
    I had the Hunter and was impressed with how good a knife it was for $29.95. Tough, easy to carry, and easy to maintain.
    Regards, Dale
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers 1879-1935
    ISEK #12

Thanks so much everyone. I have just ordered the Ka-Bar Large Dozier for him to have, and even found a Pink Dozier for my wife. Great prices on what seems to be a good EDC knife. Thanks again.

Excellent choice. I have a Kabar Dozier Large Folding Hunter, and for the price, it is very, very hard to beat.

Got the two Ka-Bar knifes today, gave the Large Dozier to my friend and he loved it. Giving my wife the pink dozier later for her purse or car.
    I just ordered the Ka-Bar Dozier Phat Bob, for myself too today. Looked nice.

Thread Information