Thread: Repost/Updates: Treeman Scagel, Lamey Camp, Patton Damascus Camp/Fighter

Repost/Updates: Treeman Scagel, Lamey Camp, Patton Damascus Camp/Fighter

ADVERTISEMENT
    Just doing some turn-over in my collection... First "I'll take it" gets it. Prices include Shipping in ConUS. Paypal and Money order for payment. All blades have not been used and are in as-new condition unless noted. Prices are Net to me

Trades considered: Frame-Lock folders or flippers. Let me know what you have.

Jim Behring / Treeman Fighter. O1 Carbon, stag and stacked leather. Some small carbon spots on blade but zero pitting or rust. Some discoloration on brass guard, but again, no pitting... full disclosure. Never been used, but I left it in the sheath and forgot about it for a few months. Nice leather sheath and Zip Pouch. Blade is 5-1/2" sharp part & 6" OA long.
    Price: $385... $370... $360... $350... $340 (last drop). SOLD

Phillip Patton Damascus camp. Steel: 1084/15n20 random damascus, about 200 layers. Hardness: 58-59 RC. Blade length 9" ,Total length 14-3/8" Blade thickness about 7/32" at guard Black canvas micarta. Picked this one up from Phillip and she's just not getting used. Black leather sheath included. (pic added below) [Note the 'smudge' look on the guard is a bit of the black dye that rubbed off f/being in the sheath. Cleaned up pretty easily last night]
    Price: $485 (paid 500 + shipping) ... $470... $450... $430... $420 (last drop)

Matt Lamey / Nice Rowe sheath. 1095 forged recurve w/hamon, Nicely shaped Micarta handle. Fantastic edge w/a bit of patina on the exposed part of tang. Sheath is a fantastic piece. Blade is 7-1/2" sharp & 8" OA long.
    Price: $385... $370... $360... $350 (last drop)

Last edited by Redsnake1997; 07-30-2012 at 09:20 AM.

I don't really understand why nobody grabs one of those knives? In my case, I don't like recurves, so #3 is not an option. I am not a fighter, so no #1 for me. So, the blade that I'd be interested in is the Patton one. I am just not sure what to make of Damascus steel, really?! 1084 is a great steel and it is a nice knife. I am just not sure if I would buy this knife and use it as I would with other camp knives made of O1 or even 3V for instance. I also have not figured out yet what to think about user knives with hidden tang and one tiny little pin in the middle?
    My 2 cents

You shouldn't have any problems w a good Damascus user blade & Phillip makes good Damascus. The hidden tang & pin feel great in the hand when using. You would enjoy the heck out of this if you chose to buy it.

A couple more pics of the Treeman and Lamey to show overall and blade lengths.

Last price drops...

Was able to clean the spot off the Treeman. No more spots on the blade and it looks as-new

1350+ views, probably 25% of them are mine.

I can't stand it any longer, I'll take the Behring.
    Alena a me Aleka pu'i ka'wa pau'ole
    ...on the quest to finding my navel...

Treeman sold

I've had a few requests for sheath pics on the Patton so here's a pic. Nice heavy black leather sheath, right hand carry.

Thread Information