I drew on the talents of a lot of people on this forum, and think I finally completed my BK16. At least until the "Beckerhead" micarta scales become a reality.
I bought the knife used - it had been stripped, convexed, etched, and blued. Had a workable chopper edge - useful, but not terribly sharp.
I thought I might use it occasionally on food, so I belt-sanded down the blade, scrubbed with scotchbrite and soap, cut a bunch of citrus, scrubbed some more, and forced a "new" patina with high-temp vinegar and lemon juice.
At that point, the blade was sharp as a bowling ball so I reprofiled the edge to 20 deg per side on the worksharp, and got the 1095 hair-popping.
I made some liners and stippled the PB grivory scales. That's in another thread.
I then set to work on the sheath. I read a couple threads on mods, and tried a few myself. Trimmed the liner, cut off some extraneous parts, stretched the strap, and voila!
That done, I thought I would make my own "mycrta" from brown and oyster burlap. I used the Bondo epoxy resin. I tried both waxed paper and saran wrap to separate the material from the press. Both adhered much worse than I expected, but I managed to peel, tear, cut and grind it off eventually.
I originally attached the handles with stainless screws, but what I really wanted was matching "aged" carbon steel.
I read of several ways to remove black oxide coating. CLR did nothing for me. Drano gel took overnight. Then I still needed to wire-brush them off. In the end, I'm happy with the outcome.
Finally, I tied my own brown and tan square-knot paracord lanyard.
Everything that could conceivably be cut with a knife in this project - sandpaper, burlap, kydex, plastic liner, sheath, paracord - was all cut with the 16.
Most of the grinding and shaping was done with a dremel, and finished with the worksharp.
After a bit of use, and a week lying in the garage - Here are the photos: