Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 275

Thread: Cooking

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mapleton Illinois
    Posts
    7,934
    Blog Entries
    2

    ADVERTISEMENT
    I just ordered more salt, pepper and a couple of the Busy Day meal kits -

    Pictures when they get here and I start using!

    best

    mqqn

    Signature by slg98 -thanks Sam!
    "Building Knives Meant To Be Used, One At A Time" John Kiedaisch
    Blade Forums Rules. Click here.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Mokena, Illinois
    Posts
    16,428
    Cooked some pork chops on the grill, using Drift Creek Gourmet Mountain Mix, and grated parmesan cheese to keep them moist.



    Had some tater tots and green beans seasoned with smoked black pepper and sea salt with them, good stuff!



    My avatar is my Grandaughter, Hanna, who is battling leukemia, and kicking it`s ass!.

    R.I.P udtjim - One Of The Good Guys

    Visit My Web Store
    http://www.jkhandmadeknives.com/apps/webstore/

    Visit My Forum In The Makers Section
    http://jkhandmadeknives.com/
    jkiedaisch@sbcglobal.net

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Up Drift Creek Without a Paddle
    Posts
    27,995
    Oh man those look good.
    Rest in peace Bill. You are sorely missed.

    #331 In Ryan W's 2014 GAW

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    131
    Nicely done John! Btw, nice quote Protourist ^^

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Up Drift Creek Without a Paddle
    Posts
    27,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Joliet Jeff View Post
    Nicely done John! Btw, nice quote Protourist ^^
    I'm glad you like it.
    Rest in peace Bill. You are sorely missed.

    #331 In Ryan W's 2014 GAW

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southeast Idaho
    Posts
    33,590
    Latest adict here. First it was the pork chops with landlubber mix. Second it was the pork chops again with mountain mix. Tonight, half a fryer chicken baked with Alsea Riviera mix. I added a bit of minced fresh rosemary and sage amd one chopped basil leaf... topped with strips of bacon. I can't believe I ate the whole thing! Reordering another round before I get close to using up this order! Sorry, no pics.

    Michael
    "A knife in a mans hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a womans neck" Felix Mirando

    As the great Andrew Martin once said "One is glad to be of service".

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Up Drift Creek Without a Paddle
    Posts
    27,995
    Michael, Karen is going to love reading that.
    Thanks, I'm sure glad you like it. I'm addicted too.
    Rest in peace Bill. You are sorely missed.

    #331 In Ryan W's 2014 GAW

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Mokena, Illinois
    Posts
    16,428
    Welcome Michael! I`ve always enjoyed your posts in the Schrade Forum, hope you come here again.


    My avatar is my Grandaughter, Hanna, who is battling leukemia, and kicking it`s ass!.

    R.I.P udtjim - One Of The Good Guys

    Visit My Web Store
    http://www.jkhandmadeknives.com/apps/webstore/

    Visit My Forum In The Makers Section
    http://jkhandmadeknives.com/
    jkiedaisch@sbcglobal.net

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    351
    Wow, after all of those great photos of all that great looking food! This is the hungriest I have been all week! Now I think I could sit down and eat some of that steak, pork chops and everything else that was pictured here! I am really hungry now! Problem is, I don't have a bit of any of that stuff around but, It's propably a good think I don't! It would just get me into trouble! Although, the doctor did say they wanted me to eat more meat than anything else! Those are some awsome looking spices! We just can't have the hot stuff, I guess we are just getting to old, and the organs just can't handle them anymore!

    Thanks to all the people that took all those great photos though!

    Take care,

    ft

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mapleton Illinois
    Posts
    7,934
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Codger_64 View Post
    Latest adict here. First it was the pork chops with landlubber mix. Second it was the pork chops again with mountain mix. Tonight, half a fryer chicken baked with Alsea Riviera mix. I added a bit of minced fresh rosemary and sage amd one chopped basil leaf... topped with strips of bacon. I can't believe I ate the whole thing! Reordering another round before I get close to using up this order! Sorry, no pics.

    Michael
    Sounds good!

    Quote Originally Posted by frontiertom View Post
    Wow, after all of those great photos of all that great looking food! This is the hungriest I have been all week! Now I think I could sit down and eat some of that steak, pork chops and everything else that was pictured here! I am really hungry now! Problem is, I don't have a bit of any of that stuff around but, It's propably a good think I don't! It would just get me into trouble! Although, the doctor did say they wanted me to eat more meat than anything else! Those are some awsome looking spices! We just can't have the hot stuff, I guess we are just getting to old, and the organs just can't handle them anymore!

    Thanks to all the people that took all those great photos though!

    Take care,

    ft
    Hey Tom - The smoked salt and smoked pepper are not spicy and they are very unique, giving foods a great smoky flavor.

    Maggie and I ordered some of the Crazy Buzy Dayz Landlubber Meal Kits and have been trying them on different meats. Since our household is only Maggie and I, we split the meal bags into two portions to make them go further and to avoid waste.

    We first tried them on some boneless pork chops.



    They came out tasting excellent - not overly spicy but a good subtle flavor addition that complimented the mild pork. The meat turned out very juicy as well.

    Next we used the mix on some chicken tender strips.





    Same result - nice flavor, juicy meat and easy to make. Just a little oil in a pan and away you go.

    I also ordered more of the Salt and Pepper. I think I will put the salt in a salt grinder, as the larger crystals of the salt have a hard time sticking to things like corn on the cob etc, and grinding the salt would make it less granular.
    The salt and pepper take your regular salt and pepper to a whole new level. I am planning on giving the salt and pepper as a set for Christmas - that might be a good package to put together for the folks at Drift Creek.



    best regards -

    mqqn
    Last edited by mqqn; 09-10-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: spelling

    Signature by slg98 -thanks Sam!
    "Building Knives Meant To Be Used, One At A Time" John Kiedaisch
    Blade Forums Rules. Click here.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Up Drift Creek Without a Paddle
    Posts
    27,995
    Shazam. Hey Andy do y'all think you can make them there pitchers any more appetizin'?
    Rest in peace Bill. You are sorely missed.

    #331 In Ryan W's 2014 GAW

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    On the Alsea River, Oregon
    Posts
    68
    What a great idea! I'm working on it today. I'm so glad you are enjoying and experimenting with the Drift Creek Gourmet seasonings and the Crazy Buzy Dayz Kits you ordered. I love the pics and the feedback. Keep up the good eating! Chef Karen

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Southeast Idaho
    Posts
    33,590
    Quote Originally Posted by frontiertom View Post
    Wow, after all of those great photos of all that great looking food! This is the hungriest I have been all week! Now I think I could sit down and eat some of that steak, pork chops and everything else that was pictured here! I am really hungry now! Problem is, I don't have a bit of any of that stuff around but, It's propably a good think I don't! It would just get me into trouble! Although, the doctor did say they wanted me to eat more meat than anything else! Those are some awsome looking spices! We just can't have the hot stuff, I guess we are just getting to old, and the organs just can't handle them anymore!

    Thanks to all the people that took all those great photos though!

    Take care,

    ft
    I can't handle hot stuff either. The spices I used are not hot, but flavorful. Might be worthwhile to give them a try. And you can use the spice mix sparingly at first to see how well it sets. In fact, I use about 1/4 to 1/3rd of a small sampler pack for each meal.
    "A knife in a mans hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a womans neck" Felix Mirando

    As the great Andrew Martin once said "One is glad to be of service".

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Up Drift Creek Without a Paddle
    Posts
    27,995
    Fresh Halibut steak anyone?
    Rest in peace Bill. You are sorely missed.

    #331 In Ryan W's 2014 GAW

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by protourist View Post
    Fresh Halibut steak anyone?
    wow. uhhh...yes please!
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #89

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Up Drift Creek Without a Paddle
    Posts
    27,995
    Quote Originally Posted by TPVT View Post
    wow. uhhh...yes please!
    Karen will have some ready for you. When will you be in Oregon?
    Rest in peace Bill. You are sorely missed.

    #331 In Ryan W's 2014 GAW

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by protourist View Post
    Karen will have some ready for you. When will you be in Oregon?
    supper time?
    Proud Supporter of JK Knives #89

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Mapleton Illinois
    Posts
    7,934
    Blog Entries
    2
    The halibut steak looks delicious!

    best

    mqqn

    Signature by slg98 -thanks Sam!
    "Building Knives Meant To Be Used, One At A Time" John Kiedaisch
    Blade Forums Rules. Click here.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    On the Alsea River, Oregon
    Posts
    68


    Bobby's Mexican Soup

    Yum! This soup was very flavorful, and if you like hot stuff, you could easily add cayenne or hot pepper sauce.

    These are the ingredients:

    Hamburger
    Onion
    Tomatoes, fresh and canned
    Garlic
    Red bell pepper
    Carrots
    Corn
    Hominy (white)
    Pinto beans
    Kidney beans
    Black beans
    Drift Creek Gourmet "Fogbuster Chili Mix"
    Cumin
    Green chilies, canned
    Cilantro
    Tortillas, on the side

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Up Drift Creek Without a Paddle
    Posts
    27,995
    Quote Originally Posted by yolbolsun View Post


    Bobby's Mexican Soup

    Yum! This soup was very flavorful, and if you like hot stuff, you could easily add cayenne or hot pepper sauce.

    These are the ingredients:

    Hamburger
    Onion
    Tomatoes, fresh and canned
    Garlic
    Red bell pepper
    Carrots
    Corn
    Hominy (white)
    Pinto beans
    Kidney beans
    Black beans
    Drift Creek Gourmet "Fogbuster Chili Mix"
    Cumin
    Green chilies, canned
    Cilantro
    Tortillas, on the side
    That would go really well with my breakfast this morning.
    Rest in peace Bill. You are sorely missed.

    #331 In Ryan W's 2014 GAW

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •