Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: assisted stiletto

assisted stiletto

ADVERTISEMENT
    i was just wondering if there are any assisted stiletto knives out there that aren't complete garbage

something similar to this that doesn't suck

not that I can find.

damn. that sucks

I asked this very question a year ago and got nothing.

Sadly no (though I'd love to be proven wrong). It's just not a popular design right now. There's the Cold Steel Ti-Lite but it's not assisted nor very exciting looking. Other than that Frank Beltrame autos and not much else.

When i went to italy they had custom knife maker that would make you one for... well... custom prices lol 500-2000$. They were fantastic knifes! No idea how you get one over here.

i ask because i live in new jersey and switchblades are very very illegal and owning one apparently automatically makes to a violent criminal that wants to kill people

i own assisted knives but i like stilettos as well and would like to add a little variation to my knife collection

Perhaps you could get a long narrow assisted folder and have a stiletto blade made for it? Finding a good candidate for the swap would be a good bit of work and then you have to find someone to fab the blade with all of the parts that interact with the mechanism identical, but should still be cheaper than having an assisted folder custom made to your design. Perhaps more cheaply you could find some magical perfect candidate that can have its stock blade reground to what you're wanting.

yeah but it would still be expensive. maybe i will just get a switchblade and carry it discreetly

You're gonna need two. One to carry, and one to have smuggled into prison to defend yourself with after you get caught with the first

i hate that in jersey all knife owners are looked at like criminals and that if a cop asks why i have a knife i have to justify the reasons for carrying it

Quote Originally Posted by SilentJohn View Post
    i hate that in jersey all knife owners are looked at like criminals and that if a cop asks why i have a knife i have to justify the reasons for carrying it
    I'm right there with you. In my state its a nod / wink situation where everyone has a pocket knife, but technically the law says they are ALL illegal to conceal unless you are a rescue worker who needs one to cut seat belts... So you probably won't get in trouble, but its always in the back of your mind that you could.

all i imagine is some douchebag cop taking my benchmade 275 and giving me a warning sending me on my way and then keeping my knife for himself or haveing to pay a $800 fine on top of $125 for a new 275

here is a picture i took of my knife. does it look like i use it to mug and stab people

Last edited by SilentJohn; 10-27-2012 at 12:20 PM.

What about Milano swtchblades? Are they any good?

hell no. the ones that I see that are marked that are cheap china ones.

milano are cheap garbage knives like the picture i posted in the first message

<www.agrussell.com> HTM Darrel Ralph Mad Maxx-Q 5.5 assisted

IIRC there are also true customs by DDR with fancier scale materials, damascus, etc, but the prices go way up.

^ I'd say one of those would be the best alternative. Not exactly as thin as a regular stiletto, but good enough IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomAyes View Post

<www.agrussell.com> HTM Darrel Ralph Mad Maxx-Q 5.5 assisted

IIRC there are also true customs by DDR with fancier scale materials, damascus, etc, but the prices go way up.
    how much do they go for in price??

I'd be careful if you get a stilleto in NJ. Make sure that it doesn't have a dagger style blade that's sharpened on both sides. Or even if it has a semi-sharp false edge.

Here's an excerpt from the NJ knife law:

Certain weapons. Any person who knowingly has in his possession any gravity knife, switchblade knife, dagger, dirk, stiletto, billy, blackjack, metal knuckle, sandclub, slingshot, cestus or similar leather band studded with metal filings or razor blades imbedded in wood, ballistic knife, without any explainable lawful purpose, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.
    Oklahoma has almost the EXACT same wording, and a friend got fined for carrying a stilleto like that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information