Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: XM-18 3" Flipper or non for duty carry?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Well, my Internet was out due to broken fiber optic lines and storms in my area so I was little help on this one.

However, it seems you purchased exactly what I would have recommended. In times of stress when your hands are gloved, the flipper to start the blade on its path of deployment will be a benefit. Fumbling to get a gloved thumb onto a thumb stud when under stress, inclement weather, poor general conditions or hazardous situations exist, is not my first choice.

I also suggest a lanyard. Nothing too long or loopy to snag or catch on things that may cause it to be plucked unwantedly from the pocket, but to assist with wanted extraction from the pocket, assist in flipping the knife open if needed, and combined with the orange scale gives a little more visibility or something additional to grab when and if the knife falls from hand, etc.

^^^^ good advice.
    Jerry ~

Not quite the substitute for the knife I ordered but just trying to keep myself busy and distracted form the wait. Now what do I do?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I find that the most reliable opening method with gloved hands is a deployment hole.

OUTSTANDING, received an email that my XM was shipped today. I would like to thank Rick, Rob, and everyone else at Hinderer knives for the fast easy service. Will post pics when it arrives.

Me too! I ordered the XM-18 3" with either blue/black or flat dark earth G10 scale. I don't know which one it will ship with
    so i guess it'll be a surprise. By the way, I ordered the flipper version. I hope I didn't make a mistake since I don't own any knives with a flipper. It just seems the flipper is preferred by alot of members here which is why I ordered it that way.

Congrats on the incoming knives guys.

As for flippers, it's a personal choice, but never a mistake.

WooHOO new XM 18 arrived today. It may be awhile before my other knives see the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by snyper1ad View Post
    WooHOO new XM 18 arrived today. It may be awhile before my other knives see the light of day.
    I completely understand. Nice 3" Slicer Flipper.

What's the finish on that bead, photo looks like it could be flamed or blasted blue ano, cannot tell for sure?

Flamed titanium bead. Also put the anodized blue standoff on. Contrasts well with the Orange. Now I just need the blued pocket clip. Oh yeah and another XM to keep it company

I like the blue standoffs. I've got them on my EDC 3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Need2Know View Post
    I like the blue standoffs. I've got them on my EDC 3.5.

Mine are on the way. Other than hardware, my knife will be completely blue.

The Postman brought me the 3" this morning and the UPS guy brought me this. Now my 3" won't be lonely. Today is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Capbyrd View Post
    Mine are on the way. Other than hardware, my knife will be completely blue.
    Try telling 'er a joke to cheer her up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by snyper1ad View Post
    The Postman brought me the 3" this morning and the UPS guy brought me this. Now my 3" won't be lonely. Today is a good day.
    While one is plenty, more than one is the way of the majority that hang out here. Nice pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Need2Know View Post
    Try telling 'er a joke to cheer her up a bit.
    Haha. Indeed!

Thanks now I have to decide either orange or black and blue for the 3.5

Black and blue is nice. Not my first choice but it fit this knife so well that I've fallen in love with it.

I just received my XM-18 3" today in blue/black. I love the scale color I'm just not sure I made the right decision in choosing the flipper version. It feels a little uncomfortable to me while holding the handle when the blade is open.

I hope I will get more accustomed to the feel of this flipper otherwise I think I'd be interested in a trade for a non flipper.

Quote Originally Posted by mikellen View Post
    I just received my XM-18 3" today in blue/black. I love the scale color I'm just not sure I made the right decision in choosing the flipper version. It feels a little uncomfortable to me while holding the handle when the blade is open.

I hope I will get more accustomed to the feel of this flipper otherwise I think I'd be interested in a trade for a non flipper.
    Try adding a short lanyard or using the choil.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information