Thread: Shirogorov Experience?

Shirogorov Experience?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Has any body dealt with Shirogorov.com directly? I am about to buy a knife directly from them but they want Western Union transfer to pay for it, so I am kind of hesitant. Do not want to be duped.

Click the lower left triangle and ask for this to be moved to the GB&U review section of this forum.

thanks for taking care of that for me

Not sure have never dealt with them directly.But i do own some of their knives and they are top notch.

Get ahold of Neal over at TNK (TrueNorthKnives) I think he is the only dealer in North America, He could probably answer any questions you have regarding them.

thanks Tony. TNK is on vocation till 8/1 and I have a sale pending. I guess I just going to risk it.
    TNK are out of stock and they do not ship to NYC grrr...

Portland, Oregon & Madrid, Spain -- Go back and forth between the two.
    When you can post up a review, i would like to check out their blades

Im curious, why are the prices so high on that site? Are they a knock off site (like aliaexpress) or a higher end maker?
    I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me. - Archilochus
    ****My Trade Thread****
    WTTF/WTB: CRK Folders with Birthdate of May 11th (year irrelavent) or Oct 19th, 2011

Any update on this??

Quote Originally Posted by ooitzoo View Post
    Im curious, why are the prices so high on that site? Are they a knock off site (like aliaexpress) or a higher end maker?
    The prices are in rubles there not dollars actually if you convert their prices into dollars the knives are $200 cheaper than the same ones sold by TNK

Quote Originally Posted by eternal10 View Post
    Any update on this??
    Yes, I had some back an forth emails with one of the Shirogorov brothers and he was very reassuring. So in order to buy from them directly you need:

1. To speak Russian (I am Ukrainian our languages are similar so we understood each other).
    2. Wait till the knife you want is up for sale on the site (sadly they do not take orders at the moment because of backlog but that might change).
    3. Transfer funds over by Western Union (a big risk if you ask me)
    4. They do not ship to US so you need to have an verifiable address in Russia or Europe.

So I took the risk and transferred $450 by WU for 95 flipper. I already received the email that money have been received and I should receive another one with shipment tracking number when the package is off to my relative in Ukraine. Keeping my fingers crossed. Will update with further developments.

Quote Originally Posted by ridnovir View Post
    The prices are in rubles there not dollars actually if you convert their prices into dollars the knives are $200 cheaper than the same ones sold by TNK
    No. I grasp that they're in rubles. but after conversation they're still pretty high. hence my question.
    ****My Trade Thread****
    WTTF/WTB: CRK Folders with Birthdate of May 11th (year irrelavent) or Oct 19th, 2011

Update they send me the tracking number and shipment confirmation Email. The package already cleared customs in Russia and is on its way to Ukraine. Who-hoo.

Update:

My relative in Ukraine has received the knife. So Shirogorov site is legitimate and thay stay true to their word. you transfer the $ and they will send the knife to you

Now all I have to do is wait for it to arrive here.

Yes, they're legit

Would you mind updating us on quality when you get the actual knife?

I am interested to know what the deal is with these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ridnovir View Post
    Update:

My relative in Ukraine has received the knife. So Shirogorov site is legitimate and thay stay true to their word. you transfer the $ and they will send the knife to you

Now all I have to do is wait for it to arrive here.
    ****My Trade Thread****

Sure. Will do.

anything else on this? I am curious.
    ****My Trade Thread****

Thread Information