Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: battle creek knives pics!

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Creek County, OK
    Posts
    4,189

    Support BladeForums!
    Paid memberships don't see ads!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenfordranger View Post
    Nice work Rob! They just keep getting prettier & prettier Keep it up bro!
    thanks!!!! here's one that was ordered with a thinner handle but lost contact with them before I finished the knife.. so I sold it to another member here.

    tried a little something new with kydex liner..











  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,546
    Dude, I opened it up at noon, and it is sweet!!

    I'm diggin it. Its a small package, perfect for tossin in a cargo pocket. Just what I was hoping for. It might even make a nice neck knife.

    Very nice grinds and shaving sharp. Thank you!
    It takes more of a man to be a gentleman.

    Ps 83:18; Is 43:12

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,546
    Sorry. The awesomeness must have created a double post.
    It takes more of a man to be a gentleman.

    Ps 83:18; Is 43:12

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Creek County, OK
    Posts
    4,189
    LOL glad you liked it... it is a nice knife and I kinda like the thin handles just a tad bit thinner then what I'm used to putting out there.. sorry I just couldn't resist putting up a couple of my sorry photo skill shots...

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,546
    It takes more of a man to be a gentleman.

    Ps 83:18; Is 43:12

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Creek County, OK
    Posts
    4,189
    the fuzzy fuzzsters....

    nice..!!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon Line...Maryland
    Posts
    5
    Great looking blade Rob! Love the "lined" sheath Nice touch Bro!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    718
    Hello Folks,

    This is the Creekster's first time out, albeit brief. The knife was very comfortable and controllable in the hand. I used the knife to drill a hole and produce some shavings or feather sticks. We got along very well!

    I hope you enjoy.

    Mark















    Obligatory Knife Photos.








    Integrity Counts

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Creek County, OK
    Posts
    4,189
    WOW !!! you guys and your feather sticks are killing me, I'm going to have to brush up on my skills that's for sure...

    Mark the pictures look great, love the etch on that knife simply beautiful (but I may be biased )... my pics never seem to do the knife justice but yours have.. You've really put it to use drilling that hole, incredible...

    guys I stand in awe and am completely humbled to see pictures of these knives and taken back even more to see many of you guys taken a liking to them..

    if there are any improvements you'd like to add or would like to see in the future please, let me know.. you're advice is greatly appreciated..!!!

    Rob

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Creek Knives View Post
    WOW !!! you guys and your feather sticks are killing me, I'm going to have to brush up on my skills that's for sure...

    Mark the pictures look great, love the etch on that knife simply beautiful (but I may be biased )... my pics never seem to do the knife justice but yours have.. You've really put it to use drilling that hole, incredible...

    guys I stand in awe and am completely humbled to see pictures of these knives and taken back even more to see many of you guys taken a liking to them..

    if there are any improvements you'd like to add or would like to see in the future please, let me know.. you're advice is greatly appreciated..!!!

    Rob
    Hi Rob,

    Thank you for your kind words. Keep doing what you are doing!

    I like the Creekster I received for a number of reasons.

    The spine of the knife is square (has crisp 90-degree edges) which offers me great utility. I can use the spine of my knife in a scraping action to remove bark, create very fine shavings, or create sparks from my Light My Fire (LMF) firesteel. The only down side of the square spine is that it is a touch uncomfortable when doing push -cuts with my bare thumbs. But I feel the utility offered here outweighs the minor discomfort. Plus, I have leather thumb guards if becomes that unbearable.

    The knife is of the right proportions which makes it great for carving and whittling and is stout enough for batoning. This allows me to process wood and prepare kindling very effectively.

    Yep, I think I like this knife very much!

    I guess if I had my druthers, I would like to see this knife also offered with a blade shape that is similar to Ray Mears/Alan Wood Woodlore knife. I have several of these knives and am partial to them.

    Thank you kindly. Take care.

    Mark
    Integrity Counts

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Creek County, OK
    Posts
    4,189
    Mark hope your knife is still serving you well....

    Here's a few pics of my MANchete Golok 13 that I've had sitting on my workbench since September in various states of completion, we'll I finally finished it and shipped it off to Balding Eagle.. I can't wait to see the sheath he makes for this badboy knowing him its going to be awesome !!

    MANchete Golok 13









  12. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    With other patriots
    Posts
    804
    Rob
    Man oh man. That thing looks awesome!!! I am so going to cherish this. I will certainly post pics of the sheath I make for that bad boy. Simply beautiful Rob. Thanks so much!! I can't wait to show this off at work. Regarding your move........I wish you all the best. Being in the Air Force for 27+ years, we have made many moves, around the world and back. But, at least, we always had someone move for us. Moving yourself is a whole different thing. Good luck. As hectic as it may seem, it all comes together in the end.
    And again, thanks so much for this beautiful blade!
    Doug

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Creek County, OK
    Posts
    4,189
    Doug I'm just glad I could finally get it out to you.... I'll PM you the tracking info, and I'm really excited to see what you have in store for it... !!!

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Creek Knives View Post
    thanks!!!! here's one that was ordered with a thinner handle but lost contact with them before I finished the knife.. so I sold it to another member here.

    tried a little something new with kydex liner..










    I love the contrast on these handles. Did you make these scales yourself?

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Creek Knives View Post
    Mark hope your knife is still serving you well....

    Here's a few pics of my MANchete Golok 13 that I've had sitting on my workbench since September in various states of completion, we'll I finally finished it and shipped it off to Balding Eagle.. I can't wait to see the sheath he makes for this badboy knowing him its going to be awesome !!

    MANchete Golok 13








    Hi Rob,

    I'm so sorry for the late reply. Yes, the knife is still in service and doing well! I am thankful that I was in the right spot at the right time to purchase it. That is a neato chopper shown above. What wood is the handle made of?

    Mark
    Integrity Counts

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Creek County, OK
    Posts
    4,189
    lol... no problem I've been kinda slacking on bumping posts in this forum until I start slinging some sparks.... then maybe things will pick up a little around here....

    that is curly maple in the pics..

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Creek Knives View Post
    lol... no problem I've been kinda slacking on bumping posts in this forum until I start slinging some sparks.... then maybe things will pick up a little around here....

    that is curly maple in the pics..
    I figured it was curly maple but wanted to be sure. That wood can just about make any blade look like it was from the 1800s. That is neato! Hopefully you'll be able to sling some sparks soon and on a regular bases to boot! Take care.

    Mark
    Integrity Counts

  18. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Creek County, OK
    Posts
    4,189
    Kephart











  19. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Creek County, OK
    Posts
    4,189





  20. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    445
    Rob needs to get behind a grinder again!






Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •