Thread: The Scythe is COMPLETE!!!!

The Scythe is COMPLETE!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
    So a while back I was lucky enough to get Bill Siegle to take on a custom project for me. I wanted a blade similar to his "Lobotomizer" but with a few changes to make it my own.

You can see the original here http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/sh...ht=lobotomizer

I wanted more cutting edge and a spear point. I also didn't want the recurve. Plus I wanted the handle to have sort of the sway that an axe handle does for a little more power. I wanted to call it the "Scythe". So I sent him this concept drawing...

He took it and transferred it to a template for the largest plate of .25" thick 5160 he has (which I think was 29"X3").

I requested that it have a saber grind like in the drawing as I want a little more heft and weight behind the edge. Here is the blank.

He contacted me this week and informed me it's done with rough grinding and heat treat. Still requires final tempering and finishing. But here is where it sits now...

Cannot wait to get this beast in my hands. I'll update with more pics when I have them. But wanted to share.

Here is the Scythe with rough cut handles...

And here is the finished product!

How awesome is that?!
    Last edited by Infi-del; 08-22-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the timid."

Oh wow. That's gonna be awesome!

Holy Crap Batman! That is going to make an amazing chopper! You obviously don't believe there is such a thing as overkill What are you going to do for scales?

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkMatt View Post
    Holy Crap Batman! That is going to make an amazing chopper! You obviously don't believe there is such a thing as overkill What are you going to do for scales?
    Black G10... The 2nd pic shows the outline of where they will lay. I wanted them all the way out to the end of the finger guard so there would be no hot spot areas. Mr Siegle said he was going to groove them like on his Merc knives. It's kind of an Axe, Cleaver, Spear, Halberd, Short Sword, intestine stirrer, spinal pry bar all in one.
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the timid."

That's tight.

I'm not sure if I like it yet, but I love the fact that you are building it;-]

I can't wait to see the finished product! Very cool.

Looks defective to me

Send it to me when you get it from proper long term disposal

Should take be about 30 years to get rid of it
    Siegle Knife Expert----
    If you have one you want to buy,sell or trade--contact me

It's Done! All that remains is sharpening and sheath. So Excited!

Very cool. Congrats on that one!

Sweet!

Thread Information