Thread: CamelBak TRIZIP vs. CamelBak BFM

CamelBak TRIZIP vs. CamelBak BFM

ADVERTISEMENT
    I currently own a CamelBack BFM and I love the size and the amount of pockets in the bag. It kept all my gear organized, but I recently took it on a day hike, and I felt like that the waist straps weren't doing their job so my shoulders were killing me at the end of the day. Granted I was carrying 5L of water plus food, gear and the weight of the pack bringing the total weight to about 45 lbs.

I'm interested in the TRIZIP since it has a Mystery Ranch harness on it. Is it more comfortable on the shoulders than the BFM?

45lbs is nothing for the Trizip. I've carried mine around countless Indy 1500 gun and knife shows, Knob Creeks, and 3 Blade shows now, canoeing trips, and some hiking trips. I've had it loaded with knives, ammo, guns, pretty much everything besides water.

With very heavy loads, the pack is still comfortable, the straps don't dig in, they're very breathable, and it's an all round great pack for the most part. It's a bit small overall, but still a great pack. I'm not a huge fan of waist bands (damn lovehandles ), and it's nice that you can take it off, which mine is always off.

I've never felt/lugged around a BFM, and to be honest the only reason I have my Trizip is that I found one hell of a deal on it and couldn't pass it up, but it's turned into one of my best purchases of the past 3 years.
    "Have you paid your dues, Jack? Yessir the check is in the mail" - Jack Burton, Big Trouble in Little China
    "Catch me in five minutes, I'll smell like hard liquor" - Al Bundy

Inducted Blade 2010- Ham67

The TRIZIP is made for heavy loads. With the adjustable futura suspension harness you can fit it to your torso. It's much more comfortable to wear on a long hike. You will sacrifice size compared to the BFM and motherlode which are larger packs.
    I will trade knives for your silver coins and bouillon.
    http://mossyhorn.smugmug.com/Knives-for-Sale/n-Nwd9S/

Looks like I'll be getting a TRIZIP next, but what color....

Mulitcam, digicam, desert tan,...?

Just to nail it in solid I've owned a BFM and will again someday. Great bag, great organization, great for trips but not on your feet. The suspension sucks. The backing kinda sucks (too flat). The waist belt will work but it to sucks.

I also currently own a MR NICE 6500 as well as it's tiny baby brother the CB LinchPin. Hands down this new generation combining the Futura harness kicks the living shit out of the old stuff. I wish they would make a Futura mule...

As far as colors go my MR 6500 is in Coyote Brown and Foliage frame and my LinchPin is in pure foliage (if anyone has a coyote harness they would like to swap let me know). I did a lot of thinking on what color. Coyote screams military as does Multicam. Foliage does not draw attention and also hides well the second you have a shadow . Looking back after having had my LinchPin for two years I would have preferred a Multicam one for the cool factor. However the foliage is a keeper and will always be thrown in with my "grey man" gear.

Thread Information