Thread: Titanium Gadgets

Titanium Gadgets

ADVERTISEMENT
    I have decided to consolidate my gear into one thread so this thread will be dedicated to all the gear I make that is currently available. If and when something becomes unavailable I will edit this first thread to reflect that.

LEVIATHAN LTS:

This is the largest of the capsules I make. This one was made for Universal Studios and will be featured in the Bourne 4 movie which comes out August 10th. It measures 12" long and has an inside diameter of 2.25" THis is a brute of a capsule with an overall weight of 3 lbs. Price is $375. I also have some "stubs" which are just the caps which thread together as well for $200. I made these with some extra material I had, first two pictures show the stubs and the third picture is a screenshot from the movie showing the leviathan. I was told my lighter capsule was also used in the movie but haven't been able to verify anything for sure.

EXO TUBES

All my exo tube capsules come with two o-rings. Their 3 mm thick walls protect your stuff from almost anything life can throw at them. You can fit two AA, two AAA, or three CR123 batteries in these. My fire pistons also fit in these nicely. You can also use these to store matches or a small survival kit, which I can put together for you. Some customers have told me these alsop make great kubatons.

Outer Dimensions: 136mm x 26mm
    Inner Dimensions: 114mm x 20mm
    Weight 5.26 oz.

Price: $160 plain finish, +$20 for anodized, polished, sandblasted, or stone washed finish or +$30 for a combination of any two, +$10 for glow ring, +$5 for lanyard.

SON OF EXO TUBE

These capsules are large enough to carry a wad of rolled up bills without having to fold them. Great to carry batteries and matches as well

Outer Dimensions: 90mm x 23mm
    Inner Dimensions: 70mm x 17mm
    Weight: 3.17 oz.

Price: $100 plain finish, +$20 for anodized, polished, sandblasted, or stone washed finish or +$30 for a combination of any two, +$10 for glow ring, +$5 for lanyard.

TITANIUM SPECTRA SPOOLS

These titanium spectra spools were designed to fit inside the Exo Tube and Son of Exo Tube. They can be used to carry line to use for fishing, snares, or trip wire. These are available with or without spectra line. I recommend spooling these with spectra since its diameter to strength ratio is unmatched by anything available.

Dimensions:

17 mm x 15 mm and 15 mm x 15 mm

Price: $40 with line, $35 without, or $25 with line and $20 without with the purchase of an Exo Tube or Son of Exo Tube.

TITANIUM KUBATONS

From Wikipedia:
    A Kubotan is a close-quarter self-defense weapon. The principal areas for attacks in self-defense include bony, fleshy and nerve targets such as knuckles, forearms, bridge of the nose, shins, stomach, solar plexus, spine, temple, ribs, groin, neck, eyes etc. The Kubotan is usually held in either an icepick grip (for hammerfist strikes) or forward grip (for stabbing and pressure point attacks). Common uses include hardening the fist (fistload) for punching, attacking vulnerable parts of an assailant’s body, and gaining leverage on an assailant’s wrist, fingers and joints. With keys attached, it can also function as a flailing weapon. As a pressure point and pain compliance weapon it can attack any point a finger can, but with greater penetration because of the smaller surface area at the ends. For example, a law enforcement officer may wrap his arm around the suspect’s neck while simultaneously digging the end of the Kubotan into the small of his back. The officer may also reach around the suspect’s neck and underarm from behind and cause pain by digging the end of the Kubotan into the top of his pectoral muscle. One typical pain compliance technique is a wrist “gasket” lock in which the attacker’s wrist is captured and sealed around with both hands and the body of the Kubotan laid across the radial bone. Downward squeezing pressure is then applied to the bone to take down the opponent. Its techniques are greatly linked to ‘empty handed’ martial arts techniques.

These are 5.5″ long, 1/2″ in diameter, and have two 1″ knurling sections. These are solid titanium. These can be modified with grooves which I fill with commercial grade glow powder / epoxy mix.

Dimensions: 5.5″ x 1/2″
    Weight: 2.81 oz.

Price: $50 plain finish, +$20 for anodized, polished, sandblasted, or stone washed finish or +$30 for a combination of any two, +$10 for glow ring, +$5 for lanyard.

TITANIUM FIRE PISTONS

The beauty behind the fire piston concept is its absolute simplicity in design and, ultimately with practice, the simplicity of its functionality. An idea that is literally centuries old, the fire piston is a marvel of compression and combustion that creates fire without flint or matches. Once one gets used to the technique, the fire piston becomes fun to use and is practical as well.

A fire piston is used to make fire. It works the same way a diesel engine does. Air is compressed in the tube to a point where the air gets hot enough to ignite a piece of tinder that’s placed inside the rod. It is a very reliable fire starting method in that it can get wet and still work and it has no moving parts that can break or fail. The only replaceable part in these is the o-ring.

My Titanium Fire Pistons come with extra o-rings, char cloth, a piece of chaga mushroom, a piece of fat wood, and a length of jute cord. I only recommend using natural materials like char cloth or chaga mushroom as fuel.

Dimensions:
    Piston Body: 85 mm x 15 mm (3 mm thick walls)
    Piston Rod: 97 mm x 8 mm (solid Titanium)
    Weight: 4.5 oz.
    Price: $125 plain finish, +$20 for anodized, polished, sandblasted, or stone washed finish or +$30 for a combination of any two, +$10 for glow rings.

EXO FLAME LIGHTERS

These are small titanium lighters you can carry on your keys or tuck away in a pocket or backpack. Their small design makes them very easy to carry and they take up very little space. When fitted with an o-ring, the fuel inside will not evaporate. This is a huge advantage over unsealed flint lighters, which loose their fuel to evaporation in a few days, even if unused.

Outside dimensions: 49.5 mm L x 15.5 mm
    Inside dimensions: 38.4 mm L x 11 mm
    4 mm lanyard hole
    Weight: approximately 1 oz with lighter fluid inside

Price: $100 plain finish, +$10 for anodized, polished, sandblasted, or stone washed finish or +$15 for a combination of any two, +$10 for glow ring, +$5 for lanyard.

TITANIUM GUITAR PICKS

I offer these in a plain finish, anodized, partially sandbalseted or a combination of both.

Price: $35 any finish

[URL=http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/exodus125/titanium%20guitar%20picks/?action=view&current=b9ff8895.jpg]

TITANIUM CHOPSTICKS

These are 9″ long. I like to sandblast and grind by hand the center and tips of each stick for added grip. These can be anodized and fully sandblasted, or polished.

Price: $60 plain finish, $80 with any type of finish.

[URL=http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/exodus125/chopsticks/?action=view&current=30c36f35.jpg]

TITANIUM STRAWS

These titanium straws measures 6/16" in diameter and 9″ in length.
    These could be used as a self defense weapon as well and I can sharpen one of the ends of one if you like.

Price: $35 any finish

[URL=http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/exodus125/titanium%20straws/?action=view&current=4a2dc03f.jpg]

Titanium Lanyard Rings and tube spacers

The small rings are 10mm in diameter, the center hole is 5mm in diameter, and they are 2mm thick. The large rings are 15mm in diameter, the center hole is 9mm in diameter, and they are 4mm thick.
    Price: Large Rings -$35, Medium Rings and tube spacers-$15, Small Rings -$10.

TITANIUM HAIR STACKER

A hair stacker is a fly tying tool that is used to align the tips of hair for tying flies and jigs. The hair is inserted into the stacker tips first and then tapped on a flat surface, the hairs are then perfectly aligned and ready to be tied.

Price: $60 plain finish, $75 with any finish.

[URL=http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/exodus125/hair%20stacker/?action=view&current=ddecc7b9.jpg]

TITANIUM FISHING STRINGERS

These are 8″ long and 1/4″ thick. These are made of solid 6-4 titanium. They come standard with blunt edges, but I can put a point on one end as well. These work very well for braining fish too. These will not rust and the only maintenance these will ever need may be to replace a worn leader.

I can anodize these and or sandblast the end or the whole piece for a better grip. I can rig these with mono or nylon coated wire.

To use these, you simply attach the loop of the leader to your dive float, or belt and string the fish using the rod. You can go in one eye and out the other eye, or through the gills and out of the mouth. The rod prevents the fish from slipping out. Its a very simple and efficient way to keep fish. These can also be used as regular fishing stringers.
    I personally like to use mono while spearfishing because if anything goes wrong, its easier to cut mono with a dive knife than it is to cut heavy steel cable, but some spear fisherman like using cable.

Price: $20 un-rigged, $30 rigged with line, +$5 for anodized, polished, sandblasted, or stone washed finish or +$7 for a combination of any two.

[URL=http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c317/exodus125/titanium%20fishing%20stringers/?action=view&current=4536b397.jpg]

If you don't mind me asking what method do you use to do your flame anodizing? Your colors are so perfect and separated! Beautiful work.

I have been experimenting with a MAPP gas torch but I have trouble with the heat sinking into the part and turning the whole thing a solid color.

Again this titanium work is top notch.

Wow compared to the price of the much smaller exo tubes that leviathan is a steal of a deal!

These are sweet

email sent

what's the outside diameter of the Leviathan and caps?

"America guarantees you the right of free speech. It doesn't guarantee you the right to free camping."

Sorry for the late reply. The inner diameter is 50mm and the outer diameter is 60mm walls are 5mm thick

Got my guitar pick today, super impressed!

Guys, the gear from Exodus125 is top notch!

I edc an exo-flame with a glow spot and use it quite frequently. Has never let me down or refused to light.

The straws are fun. People stare and try to figure out what in the world it is and why you're using a metal straw.
    I modified mine to look more like a straw and it works even better.

Thread Information