Thread: Boker Hyper Knife

Boker Hyper Knife

ADVERTISEMENT
    I have been looking for a nice knife that is stout but small enough office use since I work in an environment there is a legal limit of 3". Needless to say there are lots of expensive knives that I would love, but my budget just can't take a $100+ knife at the moment. I was looking at GPK, and I happened upon a Boker Plus Hyper Knife today. It is a Chad Los Banos design with a 2.75" 440c blade, a steel framelock, and one G10 scale. It is 3.6 oz, which is not superlight, but it is thin, and frankly it weighs the same as the new Spyderco Techno. I think the blade may be a partial flat grind, and it is a nice and wide drop point. My hands are fairly large, and I can get a comfortable 3-1 1/2 finger grip. The lockup is tight with no blade play. Best of all, it was under $40. I think I have found my new work EDC!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Anthony Q. Cheeseboro

Try a Boker Trance next! I dig the CLB designs...

That sounds good Anthony. If you get that blade I would like to hear your thoughts on it.

Quote Originally Posted by MTHall720 View Post
    That sounds good Anthony. If you get that blade I would like to hear your thoughts on it.
    I bought it today. That's my Hyper in those pictures.
    Last edited by anthony cheeseboro; 08-08-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    Anthony Q. Cheeseboro

Nice choice. I'm a big clb design fan. Pretty hard to go wrong with a clb. Chad sure understands how to design knives. Teamed with the lower priced point of the boker plus line and its hard to go wrong. Enjoy your new knife, and thanks for sharing.

Congratz!
    I have one.

I really like the deep carry clip, but I have to get used to it being tip down. It is also super easy and smooth to open too.
    Anthony Q. Cheeseboro

Quote Originally Posted by anthony cheeseboro View Post
    I really like the deep carry clip, but I have to get used to it being tip down. It is also super easy and smooth to open too.
    There are holes to mount it tip up if you like.
    It is a great knife along with all of the clb models.

James

Quote Originally Posted by mcgoo7 View Post
    There are holes to mount it tip up if you like.
    It is a great knife along with all of the clb models.

James
    I don't know how I missed them!
    Anthony Q. Cheeseboro

Chad does great designs and I've been very pleased with all the Boker Plus knives I've bought, they're certainly great quality for the price.

The Hyper is definitely a sleeper. These little beauts can be had at very good prices now.

I love mine !
    James

Quote Originally Posted by mcgoo7 View Post
    I love mine !
    James

Are those custom scales? Whatever they are, both of those Bokers look great!
    Anthony Q. Cheeseboro

Blog Entries
    Anthony, I got a Boker Plus M-Type a while ago. That's the big brother of the Hyper. I rotated it with my Spyderco Military. Fantastic knife, holds up really well. The lock-up and action has remained tight and smooth. Very nice edge holding, of course.

I am a big fan of Boker in general, from slipjoints to tacticals, and Chad's designs are elegant and ergonomic. I think you'll do well with the Hyper. Someone also mentioned the Trance. Great knife, a favorite of mine, but it might look too aggressive for office work. I like the way that funky tip gets into tiny places -- it's the biggest splinter-picker I own.

Thread Information