Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biggest Knife You Will EDC...

ADVERTISEMENT
    The biggest in my EDC rotation is the Benchmade 581 Barrage:

I have a 4" CRKT that I have carried a few times but it is bigger than I prefer to carry.

I usually EDC the Spyderco Endura 4 and a ZT 0200.

If I'm working nights I'll carry my CS Voyager Tanto (Japanese VG-1) which is approx 5" and slices like a straight razor.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeboss View Post
    It carries really nice with my custom leather sheath. The weight doesn't bother me at all and I don't think I've had anyone point it out and be scared of it despite it hanging right off my hip in plain view. Either no one sees it, or I look like I would have something like it on a regular basis anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Doogoon View Post
    It carries really nice with my custom leather sheath. The weight doesn't bother me at all and I don't think I've had anyone point it out and be scared of it despite it hanging right off my hip in plain view. Either no one sees it, or I look like I would have something like it on a regular basis anyway.
    Do you wear it to places like this?

My favorite folder to carry is my BG-42 CF Military.
    I wear 6 pocket cargo pants most of the time and carry it strong side, (right hand).
    it's so light sometimes I forget it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosey View Post
    Do you wear it to places like this?

On occasion. I've only recently started to carry it. However in places like that I keep my shirt over it to avoid anyone freaking out.

Large Sebenza. I'm still getting used to the size. I usually carry something smaller. I doubt I'll go bigger than the Sebenza.

My biggest yet is a ZT0350. Although I alternate between it and a mini grip. I got a spydie para2 on the way so I guess it will be my biggest blade. I live in Israel so anything above 3 and/or a locking blade considered illegal. If I'll be stopped by the police they'll confiscate it in best case scenario. Worst case I can go to court and even some jail time. I'm an EDC'er though so I take my . I got 4 blades on me if you count the LM Wave and skeletool CX.

I carry a 3-3.5 inch folding knife. Right now a Benchmade Griptilian.

For me, it's a Recon 1 with a 4" blade. With all this crazy stuff happening lately though, I will probably not edc it anymore and just stick with the Delica.

Cold steel spartan or recon 1
    Lately it's been zt 0560

I usually carry a rajah 2 when I don't carry a pistol.

deer season? a BK2 or a Buck 119
    otherwise, a 4" blade is the limit. the Buck CSAR-T is the largest folder i occasionally carry and the 102 is the largest fixed blade
    Last edited by woody d; 08-09-2012 at 10:19 AM.

My biggest folder is a Mini Grip 556. The biggest fixed blade I would edc is an Izula, but only if I were expecting to put it to frequent work. For an ordinary day on my own time I prefer to edc a Vic Spirit paired with the Mini Grip or a CRKT Minimalist.

Biggest folders have been a SOG Mini-Vulcan and Spyderco Endura. I didn't like either (size-wise, but otherwise great knives) after a while and have gone to a Spyderco Delica and a large size SAK.
    Last edited by 22-rimfire; 08-09-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: clarification

The biggest folders I EDC are 8in overall with about 3.5in blades. When I get a 561 that'll be the biggest. Anything bigger than that is too big for me.

The only fixed blade I currently carry is an Izula, but I carried my brothers ESEE 4 the other day and thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't think I'd go anything bigger than that.

I usually have 3 sizes of folding blades on me for different tasks, but the biggest one has alway's been a cold steel X2 plain edge voyager IWB which I switch out for a cold steel rajah when I go on light hikes, but lately I love carrying the cold steel original xl espada polished g10 7075 aluminum when wearing jeans and the same model in the large size when wearing slacks. I just can't help myself, I love the original espada's!!!

In terms of a fixed blade: Every now and then I will edc a cold steel carbon v laredo bowie IWB and a carbon v trail master when out in the woods.
    Last edited by Perfidy; 08-09-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information