Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "If I had an Armani suit, I'd where it everywhere"... OR show me your EDC customs

ADVERTISEMENT
    When in a suit. . . .one of the two following knives end up in a vest pocket. . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Excellent thread. Making my want list grow by leaps and bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ranchmanben View Post
    I have one custom that is a true EDC. It's ridden on my hip everyday for the last eight months. I've owned other customs but this is the only one that I've had made for me. I sold the rest. Using a knife doesn't hurt it, so stick it in your pocket.

Ben

P.s. Jeff, I sure like that Howser, really great looking.

Keith Johnson

And one of it in it's home
    When I first saw the second picture I thought that the blade was broken where it is cutting into the wood. I almost had a heart attack!

Nice knives though. There are some really nice examples from custom makers in this thread.

I carry these often....

Menefee

T. Bose

T. Bose

K. Hampton

T. Bose

Zcherney

Haven't ever carried the green Menefee, but carry the black Bose all the time
    Campbell

Campbell, that's an awesome group of knives. I especially like that Hampton Lanny's with the Wharncliff secondary blade. Well done.
    Ben

Yea Ben....it's a Dandy

Campbell

7. Campbell, that is a dandy... you've got quite a few dandies!

Lots of nice knives posted up!

Kalsu,

I thought the same thing. My eyes probably bugged out a couple inches, until I realized it was just the wood sliver on the blade.

I had a beautiful John Lloyd rosewood shadow, but just could not bring myself to carry it regularly. So I sold it to someone who will. Such a good knife deserves to be worked!

I figure you've seen these pictures quite a few times already, but here they are again. I carry both of these and rotate them along with my other production knives.

This one looks pretty much the same as it did in this pic except for some light peppering on the inside of the backsprings.

You can see where I nicked the kick while sharpening on this one. The patina is quite a bit darker on the blade and spring now though.

I agree with the others that it's hard to beat a shadow pattern for carry. Makes the knife lightweight and there are no bolsters to scratch up. That said, I think my next custom will be a bit more traditional looking with bolsters and natural handle materials. It's a nice feeling using something that was made just for you. Once you get past the initial apprehension, you don't really think about it as a big deal.

For me personally, I get the most enjoyment out of using my knives. Life is too short to not enjoy the nice things that I've spent my hard earned money on. There are other people who find happiness by keeping knives in mint condition and taking them out to look at once in a while. There's nothing wrong with that either. It all just depends on your perspective and how you can get the most out of this hobby. The good thing is that whatever you decide, there is really no "wrong" choice.
    Dan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information