Thread: MT12 Handles - Phillip Dobson - Redwood Burl

MT12 Handles - Phillip Dobson - Redwood Burl

ADVERTISEMENT
    A while back I had Phil make some handles for a mule, took some pictures but never got around to posting em.

It is nice in the hand and has officially become my chicken wing cutting knife! Havn't yet got around to having sheath made, I would think leather over kydex.
    --"Those willing to give up a little bit of freedom for a little bit of security, deserve neither"-- Roughly quoted Ben Franklin

That's beautiful, adamrockcrawler! Phil did a great job!

I've always admired the look of stabilized redwood burl, but wondered about its "softness" compared to other hardwoods. How do these scales seem, durability-wise?

TedP
    My trusted companion - a Spyderco Solo, black micarta, diamond knot lanyard and Atwood Lanslide.

Spydie Fanatic #185

I need to take some better pictures... I really love the look and feel of the handles the pics dont do it juctice. Phil's work is truly top notch!

As far as durability they seem to be plenty strong and durable, been using the knife for around the house tasks mostly kitchen related. It is my chicken wing cuttiing knife! So far I cant find any blemishes but truth be told it hasnt had the hardest of life's...
    --"Those willing to give up a little bit of freedom for a little bit of security, deserve neither"-- Roughly quoted Ben Franklin

Thread Information