Thread: Which Busse model ???

Which Busse model ???

ADVERTISEMENT
    I bought a small fixed blade form Busse maybe 15 years ago and never used it. It's a real nice and strong combat knife but the excellent kydex sheath is right handed (and I'm left handed). It feels great in the hand and almost looks like an extra thick steak knife. But it's blade and skullcrusher are black. The blade is 3.5 inches. The stock is 025(!). This is one strong knife --- and definitely a wolf in sheep's clothing. I believe the blade style is drop point. Full tang.

Anyone know what knife this is (the name)? Busse got this one right.

Tx?
    Last edited by knife hunter; 08-09-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Very hard to guess with at least a picture

Sounds like the first run of the Mean Streets... I have no idea what it is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony G View Post
    Sounds like the first run of the Mean Streets... I have no idea what it is worth.
    Tony,

Where ya been???
    Haven't seen you posting in a while.
    Glad to see you around.

I agree with Tony, that if it's really 15 years ago must be a Mean Street.
    Is it smooth bolts, slotted bolts, or tube fasteners???

Unless you are a paying member you can not ask about value.

mean streets of the first run had a round butt, i don't think i would really call it a skull crusher, but maybe the op does.
    post a picture and the price you're asking for it.

does it look like any of these ?

Buy Brown Kydex
    WTB; Busse HACK Bear Cubs ! Especially the Ram's Horn one !!!!
    azgunnut@earthlink.net

The girlfriend would be easier to replace! Don't sell it, you'll regret it!!!

Yes, thank you!

Hi:

Indeed it's much stronger than a folding knife! And GFs cost more money :-).

It looks very much like the one on the bottom right or second from the bottom on the right in the picture. Smooth bolts. I won't ask about value (sorry; didn't know). I will probably become a paying member soon as I will be selling a few knives --- probably here or on ebay (there's a Mean Street I found for sale - not mine --- on ebay for quite a bit --- and it's not the original owner and may have been resharpened - mine has never cut anything :-).

Tx. Very helpful.
    Last edited by kestrel57; 08-09-2012 at 02:58 PM.

Attempt At a Picture of Mean Street

Can you see it? Tx.
    Last edited by kestrel57; 08-09-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: How to Post a Picture?

Quote Originally Posted by kestrel57 View Post
    Hi:

Indeed it's much stronger than a folding knife! And GFs cost more money :-).

It looks very much like the one second from the bottom on the right in the picture. Smooth bolts. I won't ask about value (sorry; didn't know). I will probably become a paying member soon as I will be selling a few knives --- probably here or on ebay (there's a Mean Streets I found for sale - not mine --- on ebay for quite a bit --- and it's not the original owner and may have been resharpened - mine has never cut anything :-).

Tx. Very helpful.
    kestrel57,

The way this thread is turning out...it's like a For Sale thread with all the hints. Would appreciate it if you'd either get that membership, or stop with this. Sorry, but there are rules here on BladeForums and those of us who've paid for memberships to up our site privileges and to support this site aren't really appreciative of those who don't and appear to be trying to get a value, sell, or announce (advertise) that the knife they have will be on an auction site soon...

$25 a year ain't a whole lot of cabbage to enjoy the perks of this most awesome site, brutha.

BTW, I wouldn't sell that knife... Just sayin'. Keep it & use it!

Lexi & Pokey ROCK!!!
    BOLO: Poached Bose Lottery Zulu Spear (link)
    "Mal. Guy killed me, Mal. He killed me with a sword. How weird is that?" ~'Mr. Universe'
    Platinum Member - Busse Forum Moderator

I sent an email to rycen (before your post) asking how I could become a member. How can I become a member? I didn't know --- I'm still new here. I've never sold a knife here or anywhere. When my gf gets home tonight I'll ask her about joining. Would a debit or credit card do it --- which or either? Sorry to have mistakenly broken rules --- plus someone asked for a picture. My apologies to you and the board.

I honestly didn't remember what the knife was. (I sent an email to Busse asking the same thing --- didn't hear back yet.) It was purchased maybe 15 years ago.

I sent an email to rycen (before your post) asking how I could become a member. How can I become a member? I didn't know --- I'm still new here. I've never sold a knife here or anywhere. When my gf gets home tonight I'll ask her about joining. Would a debit or credit card do it --- which or either? Sorry to have mistakenly broken rules --- plus someone asked for a picture. My apologies to you and the board.

I honestly didn't remember what the knife was. (I sent an email to Busse asking the same thing --- didn't hear back yet.) It was purchased maybe 15 years ago.
    Click "Settings" up top, then click "Paid Subscriptions" down the left hand column on the new page. Once the next page loads , you're given options and costs to consider. Gold and up is what you are looking for to ask about values and sell on BladeForums.

Lexi & Pokey ROCK!!!
    "Mal. Guy killed me, Mal. He killed me with a sword. How weird is that?" ~'Mr. Universe'

Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    does it look like any of these ?

Hi David,

I'll take 5th down on the right!

Chris.

Gold Member Now

Thanks for your help. I'm now a Gold Member.

I need an avatar :-).

Thanks for your help. I'm now a Gold Member.

I need an avatar :-).
    That cool knife you have would be a good start

Quote Originally Posted by winmagfrog View Post
    The girlfriend would be easier to replace! Don't sell it, you'll regret it!!!
    Girlfriends (and wives) will come and go, but a Busse knife will last a lifetime!

David, that's a nice collection you have! I thought Skunk had all of the Mean Streets.

kestrel57, that is a nice Mean Street you have! I'm pretty sure the smooth bolts indicate it is one of the earliest ones.

Gene

Up for sale...

xxxxx

LOR="#FF0000"]You cannot announce/advertise your sales here in the Busse Discussion Forum.
    This forum is for discussion and information about Bussekin knives only.
    Please don't do it again.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by kestrel57; 08-11-2012 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Warning for advertising...

Update...

xxxxx
    Last edited by kestrel57; 08-11-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Apparently sold with two back-ups. Thank you. I guess it's a good knife at a good price :-).
    This forum is not for announcing your sales or updates to your sales...
    If it was, we'd all do it.

Lexi & Pokey ROCK!!!

Thread Information