Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nutnfancy Sebenza Review

ADVERTISEMENT
    He needs to go back to 10 minute videos, the longer ones are painful to watch.

Damn....what is he going to say about Strider, Hinderer or William Henry, Bob Loveless, Jens Anso, Burchtree, Bob Terzuola if this was his thoughts on Sebenza...I feel he will mis the point of those designs completely.

that 21 has never been carried. the clip has no scratches, the blue anodizing on the stud is not worn, no scratches on handles, blade has not been resharpend. this is disgusting. and then i heard him compare a $30 walmart watch to a rolex.

it is very simple. he is a man who can not recognize quality. he buys cheep cars and trucks, all of his gear and optics are cheep, most of his knives are cheep, a lot of his guns are cheep..... everything the man can not recognize quality or craftsmanship

a sebenza is not for a person like him

I think he is pretty much right. Then again, I don't understand the mentality of 'collectors', these people accumulate possessions for no apparent reason, which leads me to suspect they are probably depressed on some level. For me a folding knife is a cutting tool for basic utility tasks, I don't really see the point in spending hundreds of dollars when I can get that functionality, still at a reasonable level of quality, from a much cheaper option.

He lost me when he started taking more than ~10min to review a knife.

50 minutes is beyond silly. I could watch a full episode of Top Gear in that time instead...

Still, nutnfancy has some pretty funny moments. Like where he tacticools a Mosin up with optics, duracoating, and the whole nine yards, then still struggles to get like a six inch grouping at 25 yards while Bench resting...

Uh-oh Nutnfancy reviewing such a classic and iconized knife like the Sebenza! He' s going to get alot of hate for that
    Tbh, I agree with most of what he said about the Sebenza, not necessarily everything. Especially him calling it a "tactical" knife. I do own one(a lg. 21) and it' s definitely not my favorite knife. I much prefer the Umnumzaan
    I really laughed when he called it a "douch knife" though, that was hilarious!

the made in Idaho stamp being gay lol...ohhh wait, im in Idaho NM...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfattyt View Post
    Did he try and baton it through a 7 inch log, and then pry and twist till he broke it?

I won't watch any of his reviews, let alone 50 minutes worth. That time would be better spend watching LOL kittens, or even chimps do Shakespeare.
    ^This. I'm a pragmatist and realist when it comes to my purchases. I have yet to see a review of his where he is either pragmatic or realistic in his expectations or use of a knife. And after watching several of his more popular videos I don't think I'll waste my time trying to find any where he is, either.

Quote Originally Posted by RobCamlin View Post
    I did think that he had passion at one point, but I feel that I was mistaking passion for militant pomposity and self-righteousness.
    I'm pretty sure that's a common mistake. Don't worry--you aren't alone.

Baryonyx Knife Co. ~Condors, Moras, Deluxe Tramontinas, and More!

"To live at all is miracle enough."
    — Mervyn Peake

What is interesting is that whatever he reviews, people will react to it. I reviewed my Hinderer, and didn`t like the pocket clip, yet I recieve no death threats.

The sooner we all stop paying attention to him, and watching his videos, the sooner he will go away.

I stopped watching his stuff after he turns a knife review into an epic hour long drama.

Sounds like he insulted a bunch of Sebenza owners. Just because he didn't like it, doesn't mean you guys still can't be proud and enjoy your purchase. Remember, "sticks and stones may break your bones..."

Personally, I can't stand listening to him. His vocabulary reminds me of a teenage boys (and not a very well-spoken one at that).

Quote Originally Posted by StuntDouble View Post
    The sooner we all stop paying attention to him, and watching his videos, the sooner he will go away.
    Exactly. Why is he even being talked about here?

And here's a tip for everyone (like me) who doesn't like him....stop watching. Problem solved!

He didnt' t even say that he doesnt like it. His main argument was that he thought it was too expensive.
    And yes, I totally agree with you, marcinek. Not watching his review is really all you can do if you don' t like them

I stopped watching a long time ago.

I never could wait 5 minutes before he opened a knife. And that's even with sound turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker1 View Post
    He didnt' t even say that he doesnt like it. His main argument was that he thought it was too expensive.
    And yes, I totally agree with you, marcinek. Not watching his review is really all you can do if you don' t like them
    And, again, I don't understand why his videos are discussed here. It seems to me one should discuss them where he posts them. That's my 2 cents.

He knew he'd be rocking the boat with this review...I do respect that he at least voiced his opinion on the matter. he'll just get slammed by a subset of the community.

The thread has little to do with knives. Nutnfancy is the topic of this thread so it doesn't belong in General....moving to Feedback.

Never mind.

~ Edge

Serious question: What is owning a Sebenza all about?

I've owned a lot of high end production and custom knives, and I've handled Sebenzas but I've never owned one.
    What is it that makes owning a Sebenza special?

I'm comparing to higher end stuff not cheaper production knives.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information