Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is my CRK Umnumzaan...There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my CRK Umnumzaan...There are many like it, but this one is mine.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Another fine blade from Travis at Edged Specialties. Only my 2nd CRK, but this one is in my EDC rotation effective immediately. I mean, how could it not be? The cross hatch pattern on the scales provides exceptional grip, even with wet hands, the size is near perfect, easy 1 hand operation and the blade profile is striking. Yep, I'm seriously diggin The Boss.

Now, if I can just get the scales Armor-Tuff'd to match my X-Tac, I'd be in heaven.

Last edited by US-STEEL; 07-01-2013 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Fix broken photo links.

somewhere deep in the heart of the midwest, between the corn fields and the void
    A knife that looks like it'd take candy from a baby and steal your grandmothers purse just for laughs. That thing looks mean!

Congratulations, I have one in route and can't wait!

The umnumzaan is hot, but that WC 1911 is even hotter. More pics!
    Beckerhead #119

Eastern Washington state the conservative side
    Quote Originally Posted by The Logical One View Post
    Just what he said!! Nothing like a cocked and locked 45.

Agreed got mine from Travis a week or so ago and I'm diggin it

The umnum is

Nice! Iv had mine a week now and im in love with it. Makes for a great user. I cant wait to see some of you guys posting up pics of well used umnums.

Quote Originally Posted by The Logical One View Post
    Thanks for the comments. Wish I would've discovered the Mighty Zaan years ago, but it's never too late to add a legend to the toolbox.. While I love the Wilson Combat (WC) Star-Tac, having swapped the starburst grips with checkered on my WC X-Tac, the regular stock Zaan blends in much better with the checkered slide treatment and the pistol's front strap and main spring housing treatments. Ergo, my desire to have the Zaan's scales Armor-Tuff'd in black.

While I could probably fill some serious hard-drive space with 1911 pics, I'll just post a few so as not to veer too far away from the intended focus of the CRK sub forum, whereas the WC sub forum would probably be more appropriate.

Here's a shot that shows the striking similarities of the Zaan's scales, with that of the X-Tac's slide and front-strap treatment.

The X-Tac is a sensational pistol out-of-the-box. But, I do have a few options on mine. Complete Armor-Tuff on slide & frame, fluted chamber and WC G10 checkered grips with sterling silver WC logo medallions.

The green front Fiber Optic sight is a superb match for the rear Battlesight, especially for those like me with againg eyesight.

Even my Wife enjoys shooting the X.. Look just past the muzzle flash and you can faintly see the bullet trace.
    Last edited by US-STEEL; 07-01-2013 at 10:25 PM. Reason: Fix broken photo links.

Man thats a really nice pistol. I bought an XD.40 a while back and left it at that. You just sparked my interest for a new pistol lol. Nice pics too.

Wilson's .45 rock. Carry mine often. I had the Star-Tac Umnum but let it go. Still regreting it. Cool photos man.
    My little piece of Wilson luv!

Quote Originally Posted by blackend View Post
    My little piece of Wilson luv!
    Wow, nicely appointed. Very slick how you carried the black base color near the muzzle, up over the dust cover onto the slide, following the path of the carry cuts. Can't say that I've ever seen that before. Love the short solid trigger too, along with the other silver touches on the mag release, thumb safety and slide stop pin. Well Done!

Wouldn't John Browing just love the heck out of what WC has done with his pistol?

Beautiful, beautiful guns, and perfect companions to Chris Reeve Knives.

Love the photos.

Sorry to digress from CRKs here... Not really. Lol.
    Thx for the approval on my lightweight CQB. I had the WC custom shop make this sterile w/satin flats and brushed hardware. I really do like the two tone contrast. Something different that I had done for a purpose.
    That X-Tac is one nice piece of shooting steel!

What did the X-Tac cost you?

Quote Originally Posted by JustinFournier View Post
    What did the X-Tac cost you?
    Bought it a year ago for $2350 brand new from local gun shop w/options.

Gooooood price!! You don't want to know what mine cost.

Oh man lol. Thank you Sir!

Worth every penny!

Quote Originally Posted by blackend View Post
    Gooooood price!! You don't want to know what mine cost.
    Like CRK, WC shows their support to those who've served and I was able to take advantage of a small military discount. Plus, my local gun shops are great too and eager to negotiate discounts. Some gun shops act like they're doing you a favor by selling you a premium pistol with a marked up price.

Regular price with options would have been close to 3k. Which is still worth the price of admission; again, like CRK, it will retain the majority of its value for life and no matter how many times the pistol changes hands, they're still entitled to the lifetime warranty.

My Umnum should be here friday Congrats man.

After talking a new to guns aquintence into spending a little more so he would see some return, I took my own advice an ordered a StarTac the next day. Great pics of beautiful guns, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information