Thread: Beware Got Ripped off on ebay and this guy could be here on the forums please read

Beware Got Ripped off on ebay and this guy could be here on the forums please read

ADVERTISEMENT
    I purchased a super cqc-8 from a seller ozzy1247 off of ebay, i made him an offer on a knife he had for sale but, asked him to keep the sale through e-bay, he said to just paypal him the money and click services and money owed, I refused and bought it as purchased goods through paypal....Well 2 weeks went by and no knife so i communicate with the seller real name (mods asked me to edit it out) and he assures me my knife is on the way and provides me with a insurance receipt , but no tracking number on my knife....So another week goes by no knife so I contact him Via e-mail and he finally gets back with me and says the knife has been delivered and hes done with me.

So I go to my local post office and they say that a package was delivered to my Zipcode but because of the tracking method the seller used it can't be tracked to an exact address. Well he had told me he was located in California but the post office said that package was mailed out of new york state. So i call paypal and open a dispute and provide them with all the e-mails and they escalated it to a claim. Mind you while all this is going on the seller is asking for my paypal info so he can give me a refund so i send those e-mails to paypal. I ended up winnig my case and getting a full refund but paypal and I suspect the seller is a con artist, he probably just sent some random piece of mail to a random address in my zip code because the postage on the receipt was only 2.97 and it had 200.00 insurance on it, so We all assumed he was going to rip me for the money for the knife then claim the package was lost since it couldnt be tracked and collect his insurance money as well.

I'm not sure If he is a BF member but he has sold hinderers , CRKs, and emersons on e-bay so he is into high end knives so if you get involved with a transaction and it is (can't say his real name) on these forums please post his screen name so we can expose this scumbag for what he is! I have just found out he is a member of the jerzeedevil Forums same screename as his ebay name ozzy1247 so beware if you go to other forums!!! Thank you to all my fellow BF members for doing what you did for me, you guys found him on the other forum, It wasn't me.
    Last edited by Esav Benyamin; 08-13-2012 at 03:47 AM. Reason: found the dirtbag on a different forum

Ugh ebay. I've had my share of nightmares there also....

$2.97 could be the correct shipping amount if the total package weight was under 13 ounces, and he sent it first class mail package.

But the lack of tracking number makes me suspicious.

Sorry about your bad experience, but im glad Paypal stood up for you and gave you a refund.

if you sell a knife make sure you get every confirmation you can I researched this as my case was ongoing and found 99% of the time paypal sides with the buyer unless the seller gets proper tracking info so now i'm gonna use signature confirmation on all my transactions to make sure all my knives sold are hand delivered to the buyers. I just wish i could post the guys name the post is kinda useless without his real name as i doubt his BF name would be the same as his ebay name, but a moderator told me to leave his name out of it so I'm going to go by their rules. Just be careful out there and watch out for him on ebay, he may not even be a BF member but with the kinda knives hes into im sure hes a member of some forum somewhere.

Also I gave him the benefit of the doubt according to him the package was delivered in august the 2nd , well my mail carrier is a personal friend, I call in ask him if he delivered anything to my address on thursday (i called him the saturday afterwards) to see if maybe it was delivered and maybe someone swiped it from the mailbox, he said nope i didnt deliver anything to you on august the 2nd and ill send paypal a statement saying so, so i call paypal and they said it wasn't necessary and they awarded me a full refund.

Also the seller told me he was married and in his 50s well a little bit of digging found the seller in New york where the package was sent from and hes not in his 50s hes 26 i believe or 24 and he's never been married, can you say con artist , I really wish i could post his name!! God im pissed, also said his wife died during our transaction, but i just found him on an online dating site, wanting to meet women CON ARTIST!
    Last edited by Allen R.; 08-11-2012 at 01:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    TL, DR

Did you file a Paypal claim? Getting ripped off on ebay is almost impossible these days with buyer's protection.

yea i filed and won my paypal case just wanted others to know and be aware that he may be on the forums as well

Thank you for sharing your experience Allen. I'll be sure NOT to purchase anything from this con artist in the future.
    Keep your head up. Read the user reviews and comments for a seller before purchasing anything from them. They tell alot about the seller.

I can relate to your experience and frustration. I only bought, never put anything up for sale, and I stopped buying on eBay because of the constant hassle with corrupt or incompetent sellers and eBay's (dis)Service dept's lack of support.

The process for setting up a claim and explaining the situation was extremely restrictive, limiting even the text of the description and forcing me to wait and exchange messages with the dishonest seller before eBay would make a decision on the claim. I even had the frustrating experience of having a claim for a counterfeit product dismissed, with the indication that I should re-sell the item on eBay to recoup my cost!!!

There are some honest sellers, but it's not worth the hassle to find them. I had counterfeit and incorrect cutlery delivered, sellers who never shipped the knives, broken and damaged cutlery, and every possible misshap in less the two years of purchases (about 16 claims in 100 + transactions). I even started paying by USPS Money Orders sent with Delivery Confirmation - an additional expense to the knives' cost and shipping - so that I could threaten the sellers with direct legal action and reports to the Postal Inspector General when I had a problem. This worked better than the claims process at eBay, and was faster and less of a hassle.

I finally had to accept the fact that I could get the same final price, and many times lower, with no hassles, by purchasing from reputable online sellers. My preffered online cutlery shop has been shipping my orders fast and hassle free for more than 20 years now, and going strong. If you want used or vintage cutlery you're better off buying directly from forum members.
    Last edited by rjdepedro; 09-25-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Typo

I guess I have been the lucky one, I have over 300 knife purchases on eBay and have received them all but 1. That one was due to someone putting a Buck 110 in an envelope. The envelope arrived but the knife was not in it. I still buy some knives on eBay as you can find sellers that will ship to Canada for reasonable rates.

hes on jerzeedevil, thats him (i got some friends in low places) who gave me some info on him and that is friggin him on jerzee devil see he is on the forums if he googles himself this thread will pop up and hell probably change his name, But that is not him in the first link provided by fz1boxer that is not his real name.....

I know this thread is a little over a month old but I just want to say thank you for posting this. Im about to buy my dream knife, the most expensive knife Ive ever purchased ($200+ which I know isnt much to most of you knife knuts but it is to me... so far). But this is a good reminder to be careful of who Im dealing with. Im glad you got your money back, and I hope the con artist gets what he deserves. Thanks again.

when I sell online auctions I always get money up front I never take paypal but I always ask for money orders. I just sold a big smith and Wesson switchblade and paypal will reverse the money finding out it was for a switchblade. I sent it ups and I paid out of my own pocket the extra charge where he has to sigh for it and a tracking number too.

Why does the seller in question still have 100% feedback?
    - AL -

"What we know is a drop, what we don't know is an ocean." — Isaac Newton

he had a knife listed for a price , i sent him an offer on it and he said he would take it , so he ended the auction and i sent him the paypal, so it technically wasn't an ebay transaction, because he ended the auction then i sent him the money. So i figured i couldn't post bad feedback since the terms were when i saw the auction had been ended i would send him the paypal. I wasn't worried about it at all me and the guy communicated through the whole entire process, he just knew how to ship an item and make it look like it got to me when in reality it never did, payapl agreed that the weight and price of the shipping wasn't right considering i told them the specs of the knife and how much it weighed, anyways long story short paypal gave me a full refund and i won the case, but if i can post negative feeedback on ebay i will, i'm just new to the whole ebay thing and didn't know if i could or not
    Last edited by Allen R.; 09-19-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen R. View Post
    he had a knife listed for a price , i sent him an offer on it and he said he would take it , so he ended the auction and i sent him the paypal, so it technically wasn't an ebay transaction, because he ended the auction then i sent him the money. So i figured i couldn't post bad feedback since the terms were when i saw the auction had been ended i would send him the paypal. I wasn't worried about it at all me and the guy communicated through the whole entire process, he just knew how to ship an item and make it look like it got to me when in reality it never did, payapl agreed that the weight and price of the shipping wasn't right considering i told them the specs of the knife and how much it weighed, anyways long story short paypal gave me a full refund and i won the case, but if i can post negative feeedback on ebay i will, i'm just new to the whole ebay thing and didn't know if i could or not
    ebay got it all screwed up with the feed back system. you as a buyer can leave a negative but the seller can't do that.
    Last edited by richard thurman; 09-19-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: spelling

Thread Information