Thread: Hawk Bill with a index finger flipper?

Hawk Bill with a index finger flipper?

ADVERTISEMENT
    Hey all-

I am looking for either a custom or production knife that is similar to a superhawk/spyderhawk but has a thumb stud - Does such a knife exist? Closest I can find is the boker "baby bat" but its too small and not of similar quality to the spyderco

By Thumbstud, I mean this : http://www.tactical-life.com/online/.../meyerco-2.jpg

Thanks!

Anyone? :x

Do you mean a flipper?

Also, if you like the Baby Bat by Boker, but find it too small, how about the original Bat?

You could always put 2 washes and a screw (like the pivot screws) on the spydie hole on the spyderco. You could also buy one of those quick stud things and put it on a spyderco.

Quote Originally Posted by gooeytek View Post

Do you mean a flipper?

Also, if you like the Baby Bat by Boker, but find it too small, how about the original Bat?
    Yes, the index finger flipper. The Original Bat doesnt have the Flipper

Quote Originally Posted by Morkte View Post
    You could always put 2 washes and a screw (like the pivot screws) on the spydie hole on the spyderco. You could also buy one of those quick stud things and put it on a spyderco.
    Not the same thing as the index finger flipper- I have partial nerve damage in my thumb which is why I am looking for index finger.

If you can't find a hawkbill with a flipper, you can always try to learn the forefinger flip with any opening hole, same principle as flicking open a knife with your thumb or using a flipper (without wrist motion)
    Personally, I want any movie I see about a guy that travels back in time in a souped up DeLorean and meets his parents before they were married to have the appropriate guitar for the year, kinda blew the believability of the whole movie for me.

Not quite a hawkbill, but more of a wharncliffe, is the Brous Silent Soldier flipper.
    Blackout800.jpg

There's also a couple from MTech and other generic companies, but I doubt the quality you want is there.
    $(KGrHqR,!rYE-VkK4Bl!BQJJHH6iD!~~60_57.jpgMT542EM2.JPG

is there anything else?

Phil Boguszewski custom, $1,600.

Kershaw Talon II or ZT0750

Quote Originally Posted by Goosey View Post

Phil Boguszewski custom, $1,600.
    Nice knife, but the price is a bit steep and its really not enough of a hawkbill for me. More of a slight curve. Think spyderco civilian

Check out custom knifemaker J.E. Roorda. He has a small and large Raptor series. Thumb studs though.

Thread Information