Thread: Manix 2 ball lock buttons

Manix 2 ball lock buttons

ADVERTISEMENT
    I bought 2 Manix 2 Sprints, they are my most recent blade purchases. Overall, this knife is perfect to my standards except one thing. The freaking ball lock buttons! :P

Anyone sand these down or something? Or stick some type of tape on it? The jimping on these suckers are eating through my thumb and index. I might give it a few weeks to get my fingers used to it but damn... doesn't seem to be changing much.

While I'm at it, I googled it a bit but can't seem to find the proper page. Does Spyderco send out spare parts such as the plastic bit for the ball bearing lock, screws, etc?

I can't speak firmly about the sprint runs, but my standard manix 2 got better with time. I was in the same boat as you when I first got it: the spring on the lock was tight and the polymer cage was destroying my fingers. It'll get better, just keep playing with it. You've got yourself two great knives.

Yeah...my first night with my Manix2 left my thumb and forefinger sore. Couldn't open it the next day! Today, perfect. You'll build up to it!

I recommend a great big can of Harden Up.

I feel a crust building that's for sure... not the same feeling when I text on my phone now compared to my left thumb. lol

I got a lot of Manix 2s and I've never had this problem. I've always thought they were really slick and elegant in use.

Thread Information