Thread: The large sebenza opening sound.

The large sebenza opening sound.

ADVERTISEMENT
    Never heard a knife (or a sound period) quite like it. A metallic "clank"

Just an observation.

Agree! That sound is the reason I am obsessed with opening and closing it till my thumbs are sore. I live for the noise..

I do admit a love of the opening and closing sounds of my Sebenza.

Agreed. Just one more thing to love about a Sebenza.

the mnandi sounds great also!

AGREED love it

Gets me goin!

Now that I have a small to complement the large, it's nice hearing the difference between them. The large definitely sounds better with the authoritative "clank" rather than the small which is more like a nervous "clink". (Still love the small though).

Whenever my small sebbie loses the clanking sound, and gets more of a dull thud, I know it's time to clean it.

Love that sound also. The large Sebbie does a better job than the small.

Must say though, my favorite sound is that of a 12ga shotgun being operated. Only because you know the big boom comes next. The clay pigeons didn't have a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by hondahirny View Post
    Love that sound also. The large Sebbie does a better job than the small.

Must say though, my favorite sound is that of a 12ga shotgun being operated. Only because you know the big boom comes next. The clay pigeons didn't have a chance...
    lol Gotta agree with that.
    Wishing you a Large Sebbie and 100 Straight.

My large Sebbe makes a better opening 'clank' sound than my small sebbe, but the small makes a better closing 'tink' or 'clink' sound than the large.

I also think the opening sound is more of an authoritative 'CLICK' sound than a 'clank' sound. It has more of a bassy 'clock' or 'clunk' sound than a klinky 'clank' sound. Kind of hard to put into words, but we all know the sound and it's a good sound.

edit: after opening a few more times, I think the opening sound on my large regular is a 'CLACK' sound (this might all depend on the weather).
    Last edited by burnside; 08-16-2012 at 03:51 PM.

I think I kind of prefer the small's closing clink to the opening clank. Does that make me weird?
    I think it's because of the dozens and dozens of different knives I've owned prior I've never had one that made that particular sound...
    Beckerhead #777

My large carbon fiber sounded a little off. But love the sebbie.

somewhere deep in the heart of the midwest, between the corn fields and the void
    It's amazing that what brings a smile to our faces annoys the crap put of others!

Can't tell you how many times I've heard "are you just gonna click that thing all day?!"

On a related note, the Umnumzaan is pretty silent. Must be the rubber rings on the thumb studs? Solid "clack" when its closed though!

To me.. when you open the Large Sebenza it makes a "CLICK" and when you close it the sound is a less noisy "Clack". I love it.

Thread Information