Thread: REI Flash 18

REI Flash 18

ADVERTISEMENT
    Finally had a chance to check this pack out a bit more thoroughly last night at REI. Very cool little pack. It's been suggested on here before with my thread about a draw-string sack. Another $35 would buy a 75 oz. Camelbak bladder that I guess would work well with the Flash.

Anyway... any more "on the ground" experiences with this pack?

Thanks!

I have owned two. Both fell apart after relativlty little use and had to be returned. Fortunatly, REI has a decent return policy -- you just eat shipping. The last time, I upgraded to a Marmot ($50) and could not be happier. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by csikari View Post
    I have owned two. Both fell apart after relativlty little use and had to be returned. Fortunatly, REI has a decent return policy -- you just eat shipping. The last time, I upgraded to a Marmot ($50) and could not be happier. Hope this helps.
    Which Marmot bag did you purchase? $35 seems a bit steep for the Flash 18 - it's a 19.99 type of bag.

Kompressor Plus. More durable, still very light and many more features than the flash 18.

I have three of the older style Flash 18. They've been overstuffed in both volumn and weight, and have been used quite a bit. All are still going strong.

Yeah, I too have an older Flash and it's held up quite well. I've used it as a "stuff sack" in my larger backpack and then once "base camp" was set up, the Flash served as a day pack for essentials. It has as lot of potential, but if the newer ones are crap according to csikari's experiences, you may want to give them a try. If they don't stand up, REI does have a great return policy and you can keep looking.

ROCK6

Thread Information